6 County Assembly Elections - 5th May 2022

Started by Snapchap, February 23, 2022, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 25, 2023, 08:11:11 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 25, 2023, 08:10:09 PM
If it happened you might live longer as the NHS is capitulating.

I'm beyond living longer, I work with old people, it ain't much craic

That's if you live to be old. Outcomes on nhs these days are very poor if you're diagnosed with anything younger too.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 25, 2023, 08:38:47 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 25, 2023, 08:26:09 PM
Maybe Antrim might start winning all Irelands . It has the population.

My club has won one, I'll die happy enough
That must have been amazing
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 25, 2023, 08:45:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 25, 2023, 08:11:11 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 25, 2023, 08:10:09 PM
If it happened you might live longer as the NHS is capitulating.

I'm beyond living longer, I work with old people, it ain't much craic

That's if you live to be old. Outcomes on nhs these days are very poor if you're diagnosed with anything younger too.

Im happy to pay, but to be fair on the NHS I spotted blood in my pooh (bowel cancer in family) doctor organised appointments and all done and dusted in 3 weeks, that was consultation and colonoscopy and all my bloods checked.

Sister had bowel cancer, op done, 8 cycles of chemo and no problems with appointments, which were all during covid.

So personally I've had no problems with NHS
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

It has done some good in my family but it is in a very bad place - particularly here- and even people who I know that work in it are saying outcomes are not good these days in it. It's not couped yet but is going that direction rapidly.

smelmoth

There is a lot of work to be done on flags, emblems, language, holidays, political structures, services and tax.

In that order (not necessarily order or importance):
What will the Irish flag be?
What will the anthem be and in what language?
How will unionism/Protestantism be reflected in the symbols of state and government?
Will 12th of July be a public holiday in part/all/none of Ireland?
Would Ireland be in the commonwealth?
What role for British monarchy?
Would some/all/none of Ireland have a public holiday on days that reflected British identity (e.g. monarch's funeral)?
Any recognition of Ulster scotch (I know)?
Would Ireland be a 32 county unitary state?
Or would there still be a NI with power sharing?
Would there be equivalent devolution elsewhere?
As signatories to the GFA what demands will the London government make?
How will they be petitioned by unionism?
What would the policing status of NI be and what resources would be in place if there was an upsurge in violence?
What would the trading agreement be with GB?
What would the EU view on that be?
Will the public services be the same in NI as in RoI currently? If so would be people have to pay for anything that is currently free? If it's not the same will RoI taxpayers have to pay for any service that they won't receive?
What will the divorce settlement with GB be in terms of assets, debts, future liabilities (pensions being an obvious one)?

A lot to work on. Pointless demanding SF or anyone answer all of them overnight but they will have to answer some and show that they are progressing the others. Ultimately they will all have to be answered.

seafoid

Interesting article but I wouldn't count on a Southern budget surplus. The economic model has 2 parts. A slow domestic economy and a fast moving but volatile multinational part.  When things are good they are good but when they are bad like in 2010 they are shite.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

You know what, the Cloughey true blues and the Portavogie red hand defenders could match up and down the Ballygalget road all day, every day and I wouldn't give a flying f**k so long as we'd a reunited Ireland
The supremeism would be gone and they'd know it .

Nanderson

Dup now filling the togs at the thought of the union weakening. They've already started their new campaign

https://twitter.com/little_pengelly/status/1661720706034302977?t=wLza7s6lIyLZ88cujIHyFg&s=19

Orior

Imagine for a moment that you're invited out for a few beers with the commentators:

• John Campbell

• Ben Lowery

• Sam McBride
Who would crack the most jokes?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

marty34

Quote from: Orior on May 25, 2023, 11:23:40 PM
Imagine for a moment that you're invited out for a few beers with the commentators:

• John Campbell

• Ben Lowery

• Sam McBride

Campbell isn't too bad. More business orientated.

Mc Bride ok also but his sentence about the baby boom generation was a bit crazy taken in isolation but if you read the full article, he puts it in context.

I always think Lowry is about to cry every time he does an interview.  Want to go back to a time when nationalists kept their head down.  He hasn't grasped the reality of the demographics in the north in 2023.

smelmoth

Quote from: Orior on May 25, 2023, 11:23:40 PM

• John Campbell

• Ben Lowery

• Sam McBride

I think you would laugh the most at Ben

Brendan

smelmoth

Quote from: Brendan on May 26, 2023, 10:27:34 AM
Quote from: grounded on May 26, 2023, 12:15:16 AM
Border poll!

https://twitter.com/DarranMarshall/status/1661858499062644740

Do politicians ever watch back clips like this and cringe at how stupid it makes them look

It's baked in.

They can't turn down the invite.
They can't stop the question being asked.
They don't want a cringeworthy clip but they really don't want a clip where they categorically let the cat out of the bag. So they settle for the former and just repeat a stock line.