20 years of the PSNI

Started by Truth hurts, November 02, 2021, 09:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: WT4E on May 29, 2023, 10:01:57 PM
I really enjoyed the part of the report where Carron didn't recognise the British Court today - not the sharpest tool in the box i'd say. #Irony

What about P ONeill watching on the court webcam!
Did he use a recognised password!

DhoireTheas

I've never had any dealings with the police before. I was in a Protestant graveyard a couple of years ago and noticed that a gravestone had a PSNI logo embedded on it. Myself and my parents were looking for the grave of United Irishman Roddy McCorley but it turned out he was buried in an unmarked grave maybe because they didn't want Protestants doing something to the grave.

restorepride

Quote from: DhoireTheas on May 30, 2023, 11:03:40 PM
I've never had any dealings with the police before. I was in a Protestant graveyard a couple of years ago and noticed that a gravestone had a PSNI logo embedded on it. Myself and my parents were looking for the grave of United Irishman Roddy McCorley but it turned out he was buried in an unmarked grave maybe because they didn't want Protestants doing something to the grave.
Come Tender Hearted Christians song says otherwise!

trailer

So it now appears that the dissidents do have the data from this leak last week. I would imagine that the PSNI will be hit with a avalanche of sick leave, and resignations. I doubt any Catholic would consider joining now. I don't know what this will mean for law and order in the north.

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on August 14, 2023, 12:52:59 PM
So it now appears that the dissidents do have the data from this leak last week. I would imagine that the PSNI will be hit with a avalanche of sick leave, and resignations. I doubt any Catholic would consider joining now. I don't know what this will mean for law and order in the north.

Years of trying desperately to coax catholics in, and then even trying to employ more west of the bann and get more catholics in by proxy. All undone by one mistake. Who from Tyrone/Derry/Armagh is going to want the job now, considering they're paid buttons? It's a complete disaster.

NAG1

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 14, 2023, 01:14:37 PM

Years of trying desperately to coax catholics in, and then even trying to employ more west of the bann and get more catholics in by proxy. All undone by one mistake. Who from Tyrone/Derry/Armagh is going to want the job now, considering they're paid buttons? It's a complete disaster.

Not like this info is anything that the dissidents didnt already have or could have got access too anyway. But it is just the volume and the extremely public nature of it now.

I can see some leaving, a lot going on the sick and the whole force looking for some sort of compensation. Going to be a nightmare to sort out.

trailer

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 14, 2023, 01:14:37 PM

Nobody with an ounce of cop-on (LOL!) would consider signing up.

toby47

Was chatting to someone in work today. One of these 'My friends, sisters, husband's brother is in the police..........' stories. She said they are going to be heavily compensated. I doubt every police officer in the north will be heavily compensated, will they?

NAG1

Quote from: toby47 on August 14, 2023, 03:39:48 PM
Was chatting to someone in work today. One of these 'My friends, sisters, husband's brother is in the police..........' stories. She said they are going to be heavily compensated. I doubt every police officer in the north will be heavily compensated, will they?

Not just police officers in this, there are loads of civilian staff who will be looking compensated as well.

trailer

Quote from: NAG1 on August 14, 2023, 03:41:14 PM

Not just police officers in this, there are loads of civilian staff who will be looking compensated as well.

Compensation could bankrupt them.

Taylor

Quote from: trailer on August 14, 2023, 04:11:51 PM

Compensation could bankrupt them.

Yep - they are going to need a huge bailout to keep going.
Means there will be less 'handouts' for other necessities like NHS, funding etc I would imagine

clarshack

What, at the expense of the tax payer?

marty34

Quote from: clarshack on August 14, 2023, 04:35:20 PM

What, at the expense of the tax payer?

I'd say the majority of them will put in for the claim.

Then a good few will more to other jobs.

5times5times

Watch 99.9% roll out the mental health card for this c**k-up