Started by Truth hurts, November 02, 2021, 09:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2023, 09:59:49 AM
Quote from: general_lee on March 08, 2023, 09:52:46 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 07, 2023, 02:52:56 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on March 07, 2023, 02:29:53 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-64872939

A dissident republican group has warned that relatives of Northern Ireland police officers are considered targets.

The Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) informed its staff of the new threat made by Arm na Poblachta (ANP) in a statement to The Irish News.

It said it was taken seriously and in an internal message advised staff to take "reasonable" security steps.

ANP is a small group that was behind an attempted bomb attack outside a police station in Londonderry last November.

The group emerged in 2017 but since then it has been less active than other dissident republican groups the New IRA and the Continuity IRA.

On Sunday ANP claimed to have left a device under an officer's near the city.

It sparked a security alert in the Lettershandoney area but nothing was found.

Families would be ... wife and kids, Brothers/sisters father/mother then cousins, possibly grandparents? f**king joke, I'd love to sit and hear them at some meeting coming up with that one ffs!!
call in to palace barracks next time you're in Holywood!

I know this is a twisted place but enlighten me on the tactics of MI5 putting out a statement like that?
Devils advocate here- but threat of terrorism = more funding and I think further investigative powers for police? Not 100%

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 08, 2023, 10:18:24 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2023, 09:59:49 AM
Quote from: general_lee on March 08, 2023, 09:52:46 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 07, 2023, 02:52:56 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on March 07, 2023, 02:29:53 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-64872939

A dissident republican group has warned that relatives of Northern Ireland police officers are considered targets.

The Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) informed its staff of the new threat made by Arm na Poblachta (ANP) in a statement to The Irish News.

It said it was taken seriously and in an internal message advised staff to take "reasonable" security steps.

ANP is a small group that was behind an attempted bomb attack outside a police station in Londonderry last November.

The group emerged in 2017 but since then it has been less active than other dissident republican groups the New IRA and the Continuity IRA.

On Sunday ANP claimed to have left a device under an officer's near the city.

It sparked a security alert in the Lettershandoney area but nothing was found.

Families would be ... wife and kids, Brothers/sisters father/mother then cousins, possibly grandparents? f**king joke, I'd love to sit and hear them at some meeting coming up with that one ffs!!
call in to palace barracks next time you're in Holywood!

I know this is a twisted place but enlighten me on the tactics of MI5 putting out a statement like that?
Devils advocate here- but threat of terrorism = more funding and I think further investigative powers for police? Not 100%

So are they closing down MI5? There is a threat due to the shooting though, what extra investigative measures have they brought in that they don't have?

Anyways was heading down the road from where I live last Friday, be a pretty respectable area (bar me living in it of course) but that aside was running late for a doctors appointment, this was after doing a road awareness course that morning, so when I seen the police I thought, f**k!!!

But they pulled me in and and said due to the increased terrorist threat and the policeman shot recently they were doing security checks! Looking for guns lol!! I was just glad they were not pulling me over for speeding, getting a ticket on the day you'd just completed the awareness course wouldn't be great.

Said they were going to do full search of the car and search me also! In my car it has hurling stick balls and referee outfits! needless to say no guns and I was on my way fairly quickly..

Anyone else noticing these police checks recently? Is this part of their extra funding and overtime for the peelers?  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Applesisapples

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 03, 2023, 11:56:29 AM
Don't know if it has been mentioned here but look at the reaction of the bastards when one of their own was shot compared to Noah Donohue. Another reason I will never ever have any respect or trust in them.
You might want to take the blinkers off and look at all the evidence in the Donohue case. Police have no motive whatsoever to cover up any crime. It is a tragedy but part from the toe rag that stole his laptop there is no evidence that I have seen of foul play. There is no place in todays society here to attempt to murder a man coaching kids.

imtommygunn

I have been wondering about this - the mother is supposed to have met someone there and has been a lot quieter since. I am wondering is there not the foul play people think.

Applesisapples

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 10, 2023, 11:24:17 AM
I have been wondering about this - the mother is supposed to have met someone there and has been a lot quieter since. I am wondering is there not the foul play people think.
Absolutely no evidence of it, no cctv, no witnesses and no forensics. In my view a tragic accident and who knows what was going through the lads head God Rest Him.

nrico2006

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 10, 2023, 02:10:57 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 10, 2023, 11:24:17 AM
Absolutely no evidence of it, no cctv, no witnesses and no forensics. In my view a tragic accident and who knows what was going through the lads head God Rest Him.

Never saw the police as having anything to gain from covering up Noahs death myself.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

LeoMc

A few of them lads charged today would not exactly be Republicans.
The New IRA must have a wide base.

imtommygunn

The two brothers were done for the atm thefts previously. Lovely people I am sure  :o

There's one cause going on here - their pockets.

marty34

I'd say the cops knew who were involved in this inside 24 hours. 

You'd wonder how these lads, from differing sides,  meet up initially.

Milltown Row2

"Hey Willie it's Sean here, can ya do me a favour for 5 grand"

"No probs Sean, I'll sort that out"

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 29, 2023, 05:24:00 PM

How does Willie know Sean to start with is whats being asked...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 29, 2023, 05:25:54 PM

This isn't new stuff, Lenny Murphy was set up by his own and a loyalist gun used while the UDA commander sat in republican pub..

When it suits these guys are good at sorting themselves out, not difficult to know or get them to do work for themselves

Piskin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 29, 2023, 05:32:42 PM

This isn't new stuff, Lenny Murphy was set up by his own and a loyalist gun used while the UDA commander sat in republican pub..

When it suits these guys are good at sorting themselves out, not difficult to know or get them to do work for themselves

All about the money...

LC

Quote from: Piskin on May 29, 2023, 05:59:14 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 29, 2023, 05:32:42 PM

All about the money...

Principals do not be long being set aside when it comes to the £££, one side is as bad as the other

WT4E

I really enjoyed the part of the report where Carron didn't recognise the British Court today - not the sharpest tool in the box i'd say. #Irony