Armagh v Cavan 29/5/2016

Started by tonto1888, May 03, 2016, 07:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

All Jamie Clarke's fault I imagine...

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: T Fearon on May 29, 2016, 07:20:21 PM
Worst and most depressing Championship performance since Derry in 1995 which precipitated a change of management.No positives whatsoever

Tony Kernan's outstanding point taking(2 terrific scores)  and Stefan Campbell with the exception of the free kick, (which he shouldn't have tried to take as he was injured) and the penalty miss, was outstanding.

rrhf

Armagh have a lot of work to do. Mc keever is not great at all.

redzone

Martin mchugh was sayin before the game that Alan brogan wrote that geroid mckernan wouldn't make the Dublin team. He'd walk onto any team.

Armagh problems run deep. When u have the likes of mckeever and Mallon leavin there home clubs to play for Dublin clubs, that's sad. This has happened for years with mcgeeny and mcnultys at it.

Julie Davis was there strength coach last year. One of the best about.

naka

Quote from: T Fearon on May 29, 2016, 07:20:21 PM
Worst and most depressing Championship performance since Derry in 1995 which precipitated a change of management.No positives whatsoever
Tony stop talking crap
We missed a penalty
Their first goal was a school boy error allowing the ball to bounce over the head
We are rebuilding it was tough for all
But credit the lads who want to play for the jersey
Jeez
3 years ago in Cavan was worse
As was last year

T Fearon

Rebuilding? With three thirty somethings in defence? We were comfortably beaten by Cavan today who will be comfortably beaten by Tyrone the next day.We are in Division 3 and have won two Ulster Championship games in six seasons,against mighty Down and Cavan.There is no legacy from the golden years,no game plan,no progress and no hope.

Throw ball

Without quoting every post. A few points:
1. It can be in a forwards interest to instigate a bit of wrestling as if his marker is booked he can get more freedom.
2. Bit rich Cavan people on about Armagh starting verbals and handbags.
3. Armagh are so physically inferior to the better teams in many positions.
4. Although I take the points on Campbell missing the 14 yard free can someone tell me how it can be blocked by a player on the edge of the square when the defender is meant to be 14 yards back.
5. Armagh were brutal but if they had have scored the penalty anything could have happened. Tyrone will be confident.

Harold Disgracey

McGeeney has managed to transform this Armagh team into the Theon Greyjoy of Gaelic football.

Itchy

Quote from: Throw ball on May 29, 2016, 08:21:56 PM
Without quoting every post. A few points:
1. It can be in a forwards interest to instigate a bit of wrestling as if his marker is booked he can get more freedom.
2. Bit rich Cavan people on about Armagh starting verbals and handbags.
3. Armagh are so physically inferior to the better teams in many positions.
4. Although I take the points on Campbell missing the 14 yard free can someone tell me how it can be blocked by a player on the edge of the square when the defender is meant to be 14 yards back.
5. Armagh were brutal but if they had have scored the penalty anything could have happened. Tyrone will be confident.

Maybe I'm blind but what Cavan poster commented on Armagh verbals.

Look, it came down to this. Cavan area better team with better players than Armagh. I actually believe we played poor enough at times and can be much better. Armagh kick out strategy was a shambles

T Fearon

Most entertaining part of the day for me was when Mc Geeney gave Seanie Johnston verbals as he prepared to take a free.A witty Cavan chap in my vicinity said "Mc Geeney don't be giving him any more bad advice!"😂😂😂😂

Itchy

Quote from: T Fearon on May 29, 2016, 08:38:03 PM
Most entertaining part of the day for me was when Mc Geeney gave Seanie Johnston verbals as he prepared to take a free.A witty Cavan chap in my vicinity said "Mc Geeney don't be giving him any more bad advice!"😂😂😂😂

Says a lot about mcgeeney. Whatever people think about terry hyland he would never lower himself to give verbals to an opposition player. Anyway, mcgeeney most overhyped manager in history.

Syferus

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on May 29, 2016, 08:27:23 PM
McGeeney has managed to transform this Armagh team into the Theon Greyjoy of Gaelic football.

Reek.

Il Bomber Destro

Armagh were very poor for the most part today, they did have a couple of five minute spells where they kicked some decent points.

A long time since I've seen an Armagh side so physically dominated - they're quite a small team and Cavan physically bullied them today.

Granted they are missing some key players who would be starting in Dyas, Rafferty, Clarke, Murnin. I think Armagh are as good a team as Cavan but clearly there must be something to a lot of the talk about McGeeney driving players away when you think of some of the players not committing. I'd say you could easily pick a 15 in Armagh that were not playing today that would beat that team.

They probably need a Cross man back at the helm.

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on May 29, 2016, 08:19:49 PM
Rebuilding? With three thirty somethings in defence? We were comfortably beaten by Cavan today who will be comfortably beaten by Tyrone the next day.We are in Division 3 and have won two Ulster Championship games in six seasons,against mighty Down and Cavan.There is no legacy from the golden years,no game plan,no progress and no hope.
very few counties do much after winning an all Ireland or two. Meath are nearly as bad these days. Galway are a good bit away from a decent team. Meath won 3 years before Armagh and Galway 1 year before. Tyrone are impressive in what they have achieved since 03.

Aaron Boone

Cavan reaping major dividends after sticking it out with Terry Hyland.

Armagh have to be brave and stick with McGeeney. He's one of the highest rated managers nationally and the pieces of the jigsaw need time to be put in place.