God bless you Lizzy - hope she lasts!!! Only a year to go

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, June 02, 2011, 11:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Queen's Diamond Jubilee details announcedThe Queen will begin her Diamond Jubilee celebrations on 2 June next year by attending the Epsom Derby, Buckingham Palace has announced.
The 60th anniversary celebrations will be held over four days.
A flotilla of up to 1,000 boats will sail along the Thames with the Queen on the Royal Barge on 3 June.
People will also be encouraged to share Sunday lunch with neighbours and friends, and a BBC concert will be held at the palace on 4 June.
Tickets will be available by public ballot later. The concert will be televised, but the line-up of performers has yet to be announced.
The government has designated Tuesday 5 June a bank holiday for the jubilee, while the late May bank holiday has been moved to Monday 4 June, to enable a four-day weekend of events.
Events are expected to be held throughout the country and the Commonwealth.
A chain of 2,012 beacons will be lit across the country on the night of 4 June and the Queen will light the National Beacon.
The long weekend will conclude on 5 June with a carriage procession and a Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul's Cathedral.
More details for all Diamond Jubilee events will be released early in 2012, the palace said.
The Queen came to the throne on 6 February 1952 on the death of her father, King George VI.
Tbc....

Orior

What an inconsiderate bitch.

Sunday 3rd June will be hosting several provincial championship matches. How can we be expected to go to a match and celebrate HRH at the same time?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Bingo

Saying as the ROI and Lizzie are now such great friends, I think its only fair that we adopt this additional bank holiday in the ROI as a token of support for her jubilee.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Bingo on June 02, 2011, 11:57:09 AM
Saying as the ROI and Lizzie are now such great friends, I think its only fair that we adopt this additional bank holiday in the ROI as a token of support for her jubilee.

Sure we could be in the commonwealth at that stage if the Indo, RTE and some politicians have their way.

theskull1

What about 2 national athemns at those matches Orior
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 02, 2011, 11:58:04 AM
Quote from: Bingo on June 02, 2011, 11:57:09 AM

Sure we could be in the commonwealth at that stage if the Indo, RTE and some politicians have their way.

They might have more respect for us than our European "friends"!!!

screenexile

If Thatcher dies that weekend and gets buried on the Wednesday that could be another day off . . . next year could be a good one!!