Up for the Match

Started by ross4life, September 18, 2010, 10:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Larry hasn't lost his Eadestown brogue anyway
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Kerry Mike

QuoteDid Cooney say Dermot snr. excelled on the hurling field or did my ears deceive me? 

This is the man who has fecked up the GAA all summer, what a f**king donkey.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

5 Sams

Emotional stuff with the Dermot Early tribute.

Paddy Mo is a witty cnut.

Paddy Kielty isnt.

Grainne is a savage bit gear alright.

Harmless enough TV.
The Aristocrat Years

Rossfan

Nice to see the tribute to Dermot. At least something on the stupid show was worth watching.
Jasus but it's awful shite.
Cooney certainly showed his true colours alright with his hurling fields freudian slip. >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

JMohan

Paddy should have his own program

5 Sams

What age is Paddy Mo now? Sharp as a tack.
The Aristocrat Years

MCMLX

He must be in his late 70s. He played his first senior game for Down in 1954.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: ross4life on September 18, 2010, 11:15:07 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on September 18, 2010, 11:13:12 PM
They should let Gráinne present this on her own.
With no guests.

Good idea & call it up for the Snatch

edit was watching match of the day  :D

Nice one Ross. Christy Cooney is some ****.

Class of 99

Ah sure it is what it is lads!!!! I would gladly sit through it every year and twice on Sundays if there was red and black flags in the audience.
Big Conor was a little put out that gráinne fancied wee James!!

ross matt

I'm sure the poor man does his best but I cringe everytime I hear Cooney talking. Always seems like he's making a speech from the 50s. Stupid stupid mistake to make on what was a fine tribute for Dermot.

Normally hate this type of begorrah shite that RTE insist on throwing up when they cover "gah". But found Kielty, Deegan and the ould Down boy quite entertaining. Early junior and Star were interesting.

Dubh driocht

Haven't watched this yet but thoroughly enjoyed the event at Croke Park (The Final Countdown).Great atmosphere, professionally managed,nice meal, Eoin Mc Devitt ( I think) was a super host for the debate ( he didn't make the mistake other comperes make of thinking that his views are of interest, was informed and impartial).The panel of Peter Canavan ,Ross Carr and Bernard Flynn were VG although Bernard was out of order with one reference.There were many legends in the audience,good ( free) raffle prizes, great music still going strong when we left at 12.30 and if Down are back in a final any time soon, I'll be at this event again.

T Fearon

DD, How did I miss you on Saturday night? Was at the Final Countdown myself. Flynn's comment was crass but he is from Meath and you have to make excuses for that alone

sheamy

Thought Tompkins made an arse of himself with the 'few pints at half time' remark. That kinda thing can come back to haunt and nearly did!
Drop Des...bring in the the wee seoige sister.

rossglass

Des is a wooden one - he's ok when he doesn't have to ask questions but given the nature of his job, that is too often. I've never heard him asking a follow-up question, always seems to say "OK" and move on. Talentless balloon.