Building a house

Started by JimStynes, February 26, 2011, 04:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Cheers lads. Need a few early in the spring for getting the new lawn put down. Bloody dear little feckers too aren't they on top of everything else
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: sammymaguire on October 03, 2011, 08:27:49 PM
Cheers lads. Need a few early in the spring for getting the new lawn put down. Bloody dear little feckers too aren't they on top of everything else
Hughes is beside the house here and would have given the turn but was getting the paviers from A&G so got the lot a bit cheaper. Think their stuff is good enough and the brother in law deals with them.

Sigersonbhoy

Looking a bit of advice folks. I'm starting to build a house next week and am currently looking at insulation options.
Should i go for 60mm cavity wall insulation or get the cavity pumped. I have heard mixed views on pumping regarding areas not getting filled and also damp problems due to there being no cavity.
I need around 270m2 of insulation, anyone an idea of how much that should cost in euro, house is in Donegal.
Any help would be appreciated.

JimStynes

What's the going rate for site insurance lads? My mate got a quote for 400 quid for 18 months. Is that about right or are there better deals out there?

sammymaguire

what would you expect to pay for 2nd fix plumbing, installing and connecting the toilets, sinks, showers etc?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

JimStynes

Who are the best people to get a mortgage with in the north lads?

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: JimStynes on January 11, 2012, 06:48:35 PM

MGM Grand in Vegas will do you a good deal i'm sure Jim!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I found Santander OK Jim

JimStynes

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 11, 2012, 06:52:21 PM

I found Santander OK Jim

Do they do self build mortgages though?

JimStynes

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 11, 2012, 06:51:08 PM

MGM Grand in Vegas will do you a good deal i'm sure Jim!
Im going to get the mortgage and put it all on red, easy money.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JimStynes on January 11, 2012, 06:55:12 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 11, 2012, 06:52:21 PM

I found Santander OK Jim

Do they do self build mortgages though?

I wouldnt be wile sure lad-sorry

Onion Bag

The Halifax
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

supersarsfields

Not actually building a house but looking to do a bit of work to the outside of my house. House was finished bout 3 years ago but never made any effort to finish the outside. So it's got a bit out off hand with grass, rushes etc. Not looking to do anything too fancy just to get it kirbed and the garden levelled and lawn sown out. Then a load of stones for the street.

Just looking to know roughly what sort of cost this would be to get someone in to do everything. Garden is mostly levelled already apart from one area that might need a load of topsoil to level it out. It's a small enough site and not looking anything to fancy. Just to get it respectable.

JimStynes

Would love to have the kind of money your man from this website has http://www.stevecarter.com/build/build.htm

Any good websites to look at for advice on building lads? Where is the best place to get a look at some kitchens/bathrooms etc to get an idea of prices and designs?

Minder

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 16, 2012, 09:08:33 AM
Not actually building a house but looking to do a bit of work to the outside of my house. House was finished bout 3 years ago but never made any effort to finish the outside. So it's got a bit out off hand with grass, rushes etc. Not looking to do anything too fancy just to get it kirbed and the garden levelled and lawn sown out. Then a load of stones for the street.

Just looking to know roughly what sort of cost this would be to get someone in to do everything. Garden is mostly levelled already apart from one area that might need a load of topsoil to level it out. It's a small enough site and not looking anything to fancy. Just to get it respectable.

Tony Baloney is your man.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"