Islamic Jihadists ISIS

Started by rossiewanderer, August 13, 2014, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: trailer on February 15, 2019, 10:02:37 AM
Some crazy opinions here. If that girl came back from Syria and blew herself up at a concert your family was at, what would your opinion be then. Just a girl that went to a dangerous part of the world. f**k me, she didn't go to Dublin for the weekend.
She joined a terrorist organisation, who's aim is to wipe out anyone who isn't an ultra strict Muslim.

While I agree with your sentiments, as gallsman says, has there been any proof that she did join, or is just brainwashed into their ideology. Does that mean she joined?

However, to say she's unfazed by seeing a few beheaded heads in rubbish bins would not endear her to me.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

nrico2006

If she can make it back on her own, detain her and charge her accordingly.  I don't see why she should be getting a free ride back to the UK though. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rossfan

Is fighting in a nasty war in a foreign Country a crime in England/Wales ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

johnnycool

Quote from: LeoMc on February 15, 2019, 09:24:43 AM
Is Britain at war with ISIS?
If there is a declarted war and a citizen/subject to the other side I would assume there are some laws regarding treason.

If there is no declared war she is just a girl who headed off to a dangerous part of the world.

When you can't sell enough arms into that region then war in that region is good business. The Saudis were backing ISIS to the balls and the Brits, French and Yanks are shovelling armaments into the Saudis like nobody business.

A few bombings and killings in Manchester, Paris, London is just collateral damage in the big game.

trailer

Definition of "joined a terrorist organisation"
No I don't think she filled out a membership form and paid a subscription as some seem to think. But she travelled to Syria willingly to become a jihad bride. That's joining in my book.
She's a dangerous person who should be treated as such. People who follow ISIS are responsible for some of the worst terrorist acts the western world has seen since the IRA.

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on February 15, 2019, 11:01:53 AM
No I don't think she filled out a membership form and paid a subscription as some seem to think. But she travelled to Syria willingly to become a jihad bride. That's joining in my book.
She's a dangerous person who should be treated as such. People who follow ISIS are responsible for some of the worst terrorist acts the western world has seen since the IRA.

I'd say there's some drone operators who could give ISIS a run for their money in that regard.

LeoMc

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 15, 2019, 10:32:31 AM
Quote from: gallsman on February 15, 2019, 10:23:10 AM
Did she? I mean legally, did she join a terrorist organisation? Can you prove it? Define "joined"?

If you can prove it, what are the consequences? Strip her of her passport and citizenship? Is that legal? Don't let her back in? Where does she go when the Syrians don't want her?

So many questions and nuances that people conveniently ignore.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/14/london-schoolgirl-who-fled-to-join-isis-wants-to-return-to-uk

Direct Quote -

"Mostly it was a normal life in Raqqa, every now and then bombing and stuff," she said. "But when I saw my first severed head in a bin it didn't faze me at all. It was from a captured fighter seized on the battlefield, an enemy of Islam."

Indefensible.

What would be suitable punishment for supporting the IRA and justifying civilian deaths in Ireland?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: LeoMc on February 15, 2019, 11:12:37 AM
Did she? I mean legally, did she join a terrorist organisation? Can you prove it? Define "joined"?

If you can prove it, what are the consequences? Strip her of her passport and citizenship? Is that legal? Don't let her back in? Where does she go when the Syrians don't want her?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/14/london-schoolgirl-who-fled-to-join-isis-wants-to-return-to-uk

Direct Quote -

"Mostly it was a normal life in Raqqa, every now and then bombing and stuff," she said. "But when I saw my first severed head in a bin it didn't faze me at all. It was from a captured fighter seized on the battlefield, an enemy of Islam."

Indefensible.

What would be suitable punishment for supporting the IRA and justifying civilian deaths in Ireland?

I get your point, but not relevant to this particular issue. This is an issue of citizenship and nationality for me after fleeing your country of birth to join Islamic State, for all intents and purposes an 'enemy nation'.

Now Islamic State (in it's current form) is defeated, she wants to come home. If those quotes are indeed accurate, doesn't regret a thing purely because she is 9 months pregnant for some good old fashioned free NHS/Social Welfare goodies presumably. I can't for one second think why the British Govt would extend themselves in any way to help this woman.

gallsman

Direct Quote -

Indefensible.

What crime do you want to prosecute her for here? Being a horrible ****?

sid waddell

Quote from: gallsman on February 15, 2019, 11:19:11 AM

Direct Quote -

Indefensible.

A chap in Dublin recently filmed a severed head after a car crash and shared it around the internet for kicks.

That wasn't a very nice thing to do but hardly deserving of stripping somebody of their citizenship or throwing them out of the country.

GetOverTheBar

Direct Quote -

Indefensible.

I'm not pressing for prosecution. Sure what difference is it to me what she done over there?

The only thing I would be adamant on is that she's left her country of birth to join Islamic State. She's made her bed. I appreciate at 15 years old there is a large mental element to this but the British surely cannot welcome this woman back, indeed it would be sending a very weak message if they did.

trailer

Quote from: sid waddell on February 15, 2019, 11:23:23 AM

Direct Quote -

Indefensible.

A chap in Dublin recently filmed a severed head after a car crash and shared it around the internet for kicks.

That wasn't a very nice thing to do but hardly deserving of stripping somebody of their citizenship or throwing them out of the country.

I don't want her stripped of a passport or citizenship. I just don't want her walking the streets of Britain or Europe for that matter.

sid waddell

Quote from: trailer on February 15, 2019, 11:27:30 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 15, 2019, 11:23:23 AM

Direct Quote -

Indefensible.

I don't want her stripped of a passport or citizenship. I just don't want her walking the streets of Britain or Europe for that matter.
You're either for due process or you aren't.

If you're against due process, that opens up, to quote somebody somewhere, "an appalling vista".

Wildweasel74

She made a choice.  a wrong choice. She said she still be staying if IS were still in control there. No sympathy at all for her and no signs of remorse. She can stay there!

Insane Bolt

Part of me says 'she made her bed...let her lie in it', then another part says she was exploited and everyone deserves a second chance. Would she pose a threat on her return? Personally I doubt it, and there have been many 'fighters' who have returned and very few got jail and even less are on a watch list. The only ones going to make money out of it are the good old legal aid brigade. God bless British justice 😩