Mice help

Started by tyrone girl, December 01, 2011, 09:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyssam5

I just heard that in Belfast the 'pest control squad' will come to your house and handle mice trapping for free. I thought the country was broke?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: tyssam5 on July 06, 2012, 10:55:07 PM
I just heard that in Belfast the 'pest control squad' will come to your house and handle mice trapping for free. I thought the country was broke?
Broken.

trileacman

Killing innocent animals? Get Iceman on the case!
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Applesisapples

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 03, 2011, 02:39:07 PM
Quote from: tyrone girl on December 03, 2011, 02:00:38 PM
Update is there are now 3 traps in the room and the sticky stuff in under my bed. Since thurs and no mice caught yet  :'( :'(

Anyway after everyone thinking i was defnitely imagining things we have a visitor staying in our house this weekend so he has been staying in my room. Noone mentions mice to him but first thing he says when he gets up this morning is "you have mice in that room"!!!! At least i know i aint going mad.
Anyway he said they are under the floorboards. I didnt think they were there cos they were as clear as day as if they were walking through the actual room. Im still convinced they arent under the floor. Anyway he has to stay in the room tonight and i havnt any notion of going back into it. Its doing my head in

How big are the mice in Tyrone?
I can't resist...Not as big as Tyrone Pussies! :D

tintin25

Thread bump!

Folks, having a problem with these little buggers at the mo.  Been in new build since end of April...heard scratching from the loft on the Friday night two weeks ago and promptly laid traps the next morning.  Caught 9 in the first week and a further 3 from last Friday up until this evening when I checked...the last 3 were on separate days which makes me think I'm finally sorting it but thinking it may just be worth getting pest control out even to check the loft from top to toe?  I've checked round the side of the house and inside downstairs and there is no apparent gaps and any gaps I have spotted have been filled with steel wool.  They are just confined to the loft and has been zero signs of any of them downstairs.  Any recommendations?

trailer

They're getting in somewhere. Find and seal that if possible. The skitters are probably in the cavity wall I'd imagine. Breading away. If you're catching multiples you have a good few more.
Keep laying traps. Poison. etc.
Get a good cat(s)
Don't leave food etc about. Bins etc as well.

If you have mice you don't have rats. Silver lining. Had one of those a wile ago in the garage. The wife went on strike with the washing for a week or so. Complete handling.

armaghniac

They come in around Halloween when the weather gets cold. Trap away and you might get all of them in the next couple of weeks.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Do mice and their droppings do any harm? Caught one couple weeks ago in my garden shed, but there must be another one, as I noticed droppings again.

Sheugh Water

Quote from: tintin25 on November 21, 2018, 10:30:02 PM
Thread bump!

Folks, having a problem with these little buggers at the mo.  Been in new build since end of April...heard scratching from the loft on the Friday night two weeks ago and promptly laid traps the next morning.  Caught 9 in the first week and a further 3 from last Friday up until this evening when I checked...the last 3 were on separate days which makes me think I'm finally sorting it but thinking it may just be worth getting pest control out even to check the loft from top to toe?  I've checked round the side of the house and inside downstairs and there is no apparent gaps and any gaps I have spotted have been filled with steel wool.  They are just confined to the loft and has been zero signs of any of them downstairs.  Any recommendations?

If you dont find the hole(it can be tiny) they will keep coming in, get the hole, block it, lay traps, they are not smart like rats and cant resist bait.

Loads of traps might be needed, I caught 16 one winter within 4 days, they were coming in where the oil pipe entered the house, the hole was very very small.

Dougal Maguire

I too had bother with them after we built our house. Turned out they were climbing a down pipe and getting into an attic above our garage. I caught them and bought one of those gizmos that puts out an inaudible to humans sound. I must have in 20 years now snd, touch wood, I've never had any more bother.
Careful now

Orior

Quote from: trailer on November 21, 2018, 10:41:09 PM
They're getting in somewhere. Find and seal that if possible. The skitters are probably in the cavity wall I'd imagine. Breading away. If you're catching multiples you have a good few more.
Get a good cat(s)

If you have mice you don't have rats. Silver lining. Had one of those a wile ago in the garage. The wife went on strike with the washing for a week or so. Complete handling.

Why is that?

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

trailer

Quote from: Orior on November 22, 2018, 11:18:20 AM
Get a good cat(s)

Why is that?

Because Rats will kill Mice.

Brick Tamlin

Been there too.
New build with the feckers running amok at all hours.
Went through a variety of traps but found the ones that worked best were glue traps.
Large pieces of cardboard dotted around the house in different areas with glue spread all over them.
Peanut butter, caramel and chocolate for bait. Worked a treat, caught hordes of the wee shites with their arses stuck to the glue.
It wasnt until i got the outside tarmacced that i was certain all holes and gaps were filled. And even to this day ive the silent deterrents plugged in too.

Puckoon

Came face to face with the realisation I've mice in the shed yesterday when I turned off the sprinklers and winterized the pipes.

They get to enjoy thanksgiving but the traps and poison are going down today. Based on the droppings there could be multiple colonies.

No sign of them in the garage or house thankfully.

I'll be wearing an N-95 face mask, Hanta virus is a concern over here.

AZOffaly

Quote from: trailer on November 22, 2018, 11:50:29 AM
Quote from: Orior on November 22, 2018, 11:18:20 AM
Get a good cat(s)

Why is that?

Because Rats will kill Mice.

That's why they are called rats.