Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: OurKid 2.0 on August 14, 2019, 10:54:28 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 14, 2019, 07:30:46 PM
Quote from: wee scully on August 14, 2019, 07:25:40 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 14, 2019, 01:17:57 PM
Anyone have any clips of the ridiculous situation where peter harte was being held and pushed back in front if deegan?
https://twitter.com/JoeFoley76/status/1161592442346508288?s=08

That is f**king beyond ridiculous

Kerry dirty cynical hoors but thats hardly news

Deegan should be ashamed of himself

Ridiculous comment did you want him to throw out a red carpet for PH to run up the field happens all the time it was a few pushes hardly anything serious you'd swear he throw a punch and caught him in an MMA headlock on the half way line the way your going on

Maybe not but I'm sure Peter Harte was thinking back to the black cards he received v Longford and Donegal, thinking how on earth he was asked to leave the field of play for those offences when a player can pull, drag, push, hold and wrestle you all day long and the ref turns a blind eye. The rules are not fair on this. You shouldn't have to throw a punch or get someone in a MMA headlock to get the refs attention.

Saying that, Tyrone should have known this was coming, Dublin have been doing it to Harte to great success for years, so we should have had a plan. Move him closer to goal, orchestrate a 5 or 6 man scuffle to get the defender booked or whatever it took to get Harte into the game.
That was never a square ball!!

Angelo

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 14, 2019, 11:22:41 PM
Quote from: OurKid 2.0 on August 14, 2019, 10:54:28 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 14, 2019, 07:30:46 PM
Quote from: wee scully on August 14, 2019, 07:25:40 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 14, 2019, 01:17:57 PM
Anyone have any clips of the ridiculous situation where peter harte was being held and pushed back in front if deegan?
https://twitter.com/JoeFoley76/status/1161592442346508288?s=08

That is f**king beyond ridiculous

Kerry dirty cynical hoors but thats hardly news

Deegan should be ashamed of himself

Ridiculous comment did you want him to throw out a red carpet for PH to run up the field happens all the time it was a few pushes hardly anything serious you'd swear he throw a punch and caught him in an MMA headlock on the half way line the way your going on

Maybe not but I'm sure Peter Harte was thinking back to the black cards he received v Longford and Donegal, thinking how on earth he was asked to leave the field of play for those offences when a player can pull, drag, push, hold and wrestle you all day long and the ref turns a blind eye. The rules are not fair on this. You shouldn't have to throw a punch or get someone in a MMA headlock to get the refs attention.

Saying that, Tyrone should have known this was coming, Dublin have been doing it to Harte to great success for years, so we should have had a plan. Move him closer to goal, orchestrate a 5 or 6 man scuffle to get the defender booked or whatever it took to get Harte into the game.

This goes beyond getting the ref's attention. It had the ref's full attention, he was staring at it for 30 odd seconds in that clip and didn't batt an eyelid. It's not the fact that a player dogged Harte illegally for the match that bothers me, it's the fact that he did it so brazenly, right under the nose of a referee who was fully aware of it and no action taken.

It's even more infuriating when you take into account the referee was then happy to engage in guesswork of incidents he didn't see and was happy to pull players up for innocuous contact 60 yards away from the play.

If the GAA had any sort of credibility then Maurice Deegan would have serious questions to answer about his decision making and the rationale behind them and more so his suitability to be refereeing matches involving Kerry.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tyrone08

It's ironic that this tyrone team are labelled as cycnical and nasty when in actual fact they are too nice. The Tyrone team of old would not have allowed peter harte to be treated that way.

Aside from the questions around skill level and side line tactics I think this tyrone team are too nice and soft. They need a bit more venom in them to stand up to teams when all this off the  all stuff goes on. My big concern is that majority of players bar a few care  more about their image and tan rather than getting stuck in when a game is in the balance. The physical strength is certainly there just a lack of will to use it.

No amount of silky skill or tactics will cover that up.

tyrone08

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 15, 2019, 10:02:23 AM
It's ironic that this tyrone team are labelled as cycnical and nasty when in actual fact they are too nice. The Tyrone team of old would not have allowed peter harte to be treated that way.

Aside from the questions around skill level and side line tactics I think this tyrone team are too nice and soft. They need a bit more venom in them to stand up to teams when all this off the  ball stuff goes on.

My big concern is that majority of players bar a few care  more about their image and tan rather than getting stuck in when a game is in the balance. The physical strength is certainly there just a lack of will to use it.

You could never imagine caveman,mulgrew, O'Neill or any member of the old tyrone team being bullied all day off the ball like peter was.

RedHand88

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 15, 2019, 10:04:45 AM

Aside from the questions around skill level and side line tactics I think this tyrone team are too nice and soft. They need a bit more venom in them to stand up to teams when all this off the  ball stuff goes on.

My big concern is that majority of players bar a few care  more about their image and tan rather than getting stuck in when a game is in the balance. The physical strength is certainly there just a lack of will to use it.

You could never imagine caveman,mulgrew, O'Neill or any member of the old tyrone team being bullied all day off the ball like peter was.

Freudian slip?? :P

tyrone08

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 15, 2019, 10:29:06 AM

Lol more like autocorrect changing peter canavans name.

southtyronegael

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 15, 2019, 11:00:38 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 15, 2019, 10:29:06 AM

Lol more like autocorrect changing peter canavans name.
I suppose youl blame that on deegan too.

Branchie

Its always Deegans fault for everything now for the Tymonies.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Branchie on August 15, 2019, 12:55:55 PM

Welcome to the board Maurice. 👍
That was never a square ball!!

trailer

Why is Deegan even still refereeing? Hasn't he reffed 2 or 3 All Irelands? Time he fucked off and he could take Coldrick and Dublin Joe with him. 3 absolute wankers.

redhandefender

O'neill is gone! Wise move. Knows next year will end in tears.

southtyronegael

Quote from: redhandefender on August 17, 2019, 11:47:09 PM
he walked himself or was pushed?

tyrone08

Quote from: redhandefender on August 17, 2019, 11:47:09 PM

Has this been confirmed. Always wondered what his input really was. Was he allowed to train the forwards as he wanted or as Mickey said?

square_ball

All 12 posts about Tyrone since you registered. Are you a bit obsessed pal?

Dire Ear