Super 8s

Started by theticklemister, February 19, 2017, 10:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Shouldn't Roscommon v Dublin played in Portlaoise or Tullamore?

Jayop

So Tyrone start with Ross in croker, then Dublin in omagh and donegal in ballybofey for the final game.

I'd fancy Tyrone to get two wins there.

Hound

Quote from: Jayop on July 07, 2018, 06:44:18 PM
So Tyrone start with Ross in croker, then Dublin in omagh and donegal in ballybofey for the final game.

The loss of PaddyMcB and Tyrone and Ros both being very impressive has probably moved Donegal from 2nd to 4th favs in this group.

Tyrone v Ros is massive. Very hard to call!

Norf Tyrone

I assume the CCC will announce all dates, times etc on Monday?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Jayop

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 07, 2018, 07:07:45 PM

Sky sports said the Tyrone game will be on Saturday anyway.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Jayop on July 07, 2018, 07:13:27 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 07, 2018, 07:07:45 PM

Sky sports said the Tyrone game will be on Saturday anyway.

Cheers
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Jayop

Now I don't know if that's official or if they were guessing.

Hound

Highly likely it's Tyrone v Ros on Saturday at 5pm. But won't know for sure till Monday

yellowcard

On the presumption that Dublin will win the group, I think that the battle for second is wide open. Roscommon will be underdogs but I reckon they are capable of beating Tyrone in the wide open spaces of Croke Park providing they tighten up defensively. It's possible that Dublin could win all of their games and that 2 points and a healthy score difference could be enough for another side to make the semis.

redzone

Anyone got the odds on Dublin not getting out of the group

Hound

Quote from: redzone on July 07, 2018, 08:24:36 PM
Anyone got the odds on Dublin not getting out of the group
20/1 I guess

That means if you bet €10, you lose €10

inthrough

Tyrone are not beating Donegal in Ballybofey, put your house on that.

An Watcher

Pity the dubs didn't have to go to ballybofey.  Seriously tough place to win.   Mcbrearty is a major loss for them though so I'm hopeful for tyrone

inthrough

Quote from: Hound on July 07, 2018, 07:00:37 PM

The loss of PaddyMcB and Tyrone and Ros both being very impressive has probably moved Donegal from 2nd to 4th favs in this group.

Don't kid yourself, Donegal scored 2-18 in the Ulster final where Paddy scored 0-1, they have had 3 weeks to adjust and are ready to go.

Syferus

Quote from: inthrough on July 07, 2018, 10:44:36 PM
Quote from: Hound on July 07, 2018, 07:00:37 PM

Don't kid yourself, Donegal scored 2-18 in the Ulster final where Paddy scored 0-1, they have had 3 weeks to adjust and are ready to go.

Donegal weren't too hot even with McBrearty fit. We'll see if they aren't very soundly beaten by Dublin. In fact it will be a major surprse of all three teams with Dublin aren't well bet.