Car Problems!!

Started by downgirl, January 04, 2009, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Quote from: Delgany 2nds on February 12, 2024, 06:10:49 PMFolks ...Petrol VW T Roc has exhaust system fault , filter must be clogged.
Car does low speed /low mileage. Drove the shit out of it on M1 but still the warning light is on ?

Any advice , thanks

Just thinking, my daughter's car had something like this. It wasn't a clogged filter or dpf issue, it was an oxygen sensor on the exhaust system. Eventually car went into limp mode. Plugging in a fault reader would be your first step....get a cheapy one online or in Argos/Screwfix.

God14

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-68332193.amp

Probs ahead for those of us with dbf filter removed and remapped??

thewobbler

Quote from: God14 on March 02, 2024, 09:18:51 PMhttps://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-68332193.amp

Probs ahead for those of us with dbf filter removed and remapped??

I could be very wrong here but my understanding of a DPF is that it collects soot from diesel when travelling at low speeds, then ejects same soot when travelling at high speeds. And that DPF remapping largely consists of drilling a hole so the soot doesn't gather, then reprogramming the computer to not think this strange.

If this is right, then surely your car is no more or less likely to fail an emissions test whether it has been remapped or not? Ie the soot still isn't leaving through the exhaust.

theskull1

There'll be less particulate parts per million in a car at idle with a DPF fitted.

Can see a DPF rental scheme being a thing.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

marty34

Anyone know about fuel guage in car?

Was playing up a bit recently, jumping back and forth when the car starts but now, when car starts, it moves a bit then goes back to the red.

Not a big issue as I know roughly when I filled up last etc. but a bit annoying.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: marty34 on March 14, 2024, 07:49:25 AMAnyone know about fuel guage in car?

Was playing up a bit recently, jumping back and forth when the car starts but now, when car starts, it moves a bit then goes back to the red.

Not a big issue as I know roughly when I filled up last etc. but a bit annoying.

Probably the sender in the tank. Some are accessible inside car with back seats out or boot tray. Some cars are a tank out job. Look up you car make and model year etc on internet along with fuel tank sender and you'll get the picture.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

marty34

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 14, 2024, 12:02:02 PM
Quote from: marty34 on March 14, 2024, 07:49:25 AMAnyone know about fuel guage in car?

Probably the sender in the tank. Some are accessible inside car with back seats out or boot tray. Some cars are a tank out job. Look up you car make and model year etc on internet along with fuel tank sender and you'll get the picture.

Thanks NAH.