China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Someone recently posted about the K rate, what is it? Can't find anything about it.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

screenexile

Quote from: Square Ball on May 29, 2020, 11:15:46 AM
Someone recently posted about the K rate, what is it? Can't find anything about it.

The rate of Karens on my Facebook feed seems to be infinite!!!

imtommygunn

dublin7

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 29, 2020, 09:41:39 AM
It's not that it was incompetence or a lack of time to prepare. They were left for dead. (I don't know enough about what happened in the south to know if it was the same but in the Uk it certainly looks that way). Not only left for dead but proper PPE wasn't even available for the care workers et so they weren't even given decent protection in the first place.

I know in the south their was a certain amount of PPE equipment and hosiptals obviously went to the top of the queue and care homes were down the list. Despite what cranks like Ewan McKenna will tell you, there was very little time to prepare. Speaking from experience sourcing PPE equipment has not been easy and several orders my company made fell through due to supplier not being able to provide the equipment. China was in the middle of the crisis and mainland europe was starting to see the worst of the virus just as it started here so these countries all had a head start in sourcing PPE equipment, face masks etc and there was only so much to go around.

Having said that it's very difficult to ask people to go into highly infected nursing homes to investigate deaths knowing the virus is so contagious. In the next few months a review should be carried out in nursing homes to see were there even precautions/policies implemented for basic things such as social distancing or isolating infected individuals

Milltown Row2

Quote from: dublin7 on May 29, 2020, 12:37:48 PM
It's not that it was incompetence or a lack of time to prepare. They were left for dead. (I don't know enough about what happened in the south to know if it was the same but in the Uk it certainly looks that way). Not only left for dead but proper PPE wasn't even available for the care workers et so they weren't even given decent protection in the first place.

I know in the south their was a certain amount of PPE equipment and hosiptals obviously went to the top of the queue and care homes were down the list. Despite what cranks like Ewan McKenna will tell you, there was very little time to prepare. Speaking from experience sourcing PPE equipment has not been easy and several orders my company made fell through due to supplier not being able to provide the equipment. China was in the middle of the crisis and mainland europe was starting to see the worst of the virus just as it started here so these countries all had a head start in sourcing PPE equipment, face masks etc and there was only so much to go around.

Having said that it's very difficult to ask people to go into highly infected nursing homes to investigate deaths knowing the virus is so contagious. In the next few months a review should be carried out in nursing homes to see were there even precautions/policies implemented for basic things such as social distancing or isolating infected individuals

All our PPE is coming from China. I've got to pick it all up in Dublin, hopefully Main Street well allow me to pass through
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 29, 2020, 03:01:34 PM

All our PPE is coming from China. I've got to pick it all up in Dublin, hopefully Main Street well allow me to pass through

If he stops you give me a shout, I'll show you the backroad into Emyvale.

Main Street

Some  60% of nursing homes had no infections, therefore it was not just a situation with lack of PPE  but also how early the nursing home closed down and staffing issues. This article https://jrnl.ie/5080182  presents evidence that the NHI (private nursing homes)  were concerned and pro active from early february onwards, but were not taken seriously by HSE. The NHI closed down March 6th  against HSE advice and it took another 2 weeks for the  HSE's guidelines  to catch up with the NHI.

I'd be interested to hear what was different about the 60% to 70% of nursing homes that had no infections.

Rossfan

Permanent regular staff???
As opposed to agency people moving from Home to Home?
Have an elderly relative in one of the 3 Homes up in Boyle.
They stopped visitors coming in at an early stage.
In fact the 3 Homes in Boyle are clear of the Virus.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Captain Obvious

This could also go into the WTF thread https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-monkeys-escape-with-covid-19-samples-after-attacking-lab-assistant-11996752

Quote from: screenexile on May 29, 2020, 11:20:20 AM
Quote from: Square Ball on May 29, 2020, 11:15:46 AM

The rate of Karens on my Facebook feed seems to be infinite!!!

Fair play to Karen.

Olly

How do you think we'll remember the coronavirus? I think it'll be a time when we grew to hate each other even more.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

From the Bunker

It will be remembered as the time when teachers got six months holidays on full pay. While workers in Lidl, Aldi, Tesco, Dunnes etc worked on as usual meeting thousands of people daily and were considered under no threat.

Why are teachers who are basically unemployed getting full pay? Why have they not been on the €350 like everyone else without work?

armaghniac

What teacher is not continuing to teach? If they are not doing so they should be sacked, not put on €350 a week.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 29, 2020, 08:44:04 PM
It will be remembered as the time when teachers got six months holidays on full pay. While workers in Lidl, Aldi, Tesco, Dunnes etc worked on as usual meeting thousands of people daily and were considered under no threat.

Why are teachers who are basically unemployed getting full pay? Why have they not been on the €350 like everyone else without work?

It will encourage  people to take up teaching ! I might take it up again, oh nah, I'll  not bother
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

Quote from: armaghniac on May 29, 2020, 09:17:38 PM
What teacher is not continuing to teach? If they are not doing so they should be sacked, not put on €350 a week.

It's actually 12 - 14 weeks  depending on summer holiday closures .

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 29, 2020, 08:44:04 PM

And the nurses working in Ward got sweet feck all as usual , not even a bonus