RTE investigates

Started by Itchy, April 24, 2018, 09:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Anyone watching this evening. Absolutely shocking stuff.

Itchy

Did no one see this last night. Surely one of the biggest scandals to hit a state agency.

Article below

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/he-took-my-virginity-away-from-me-at-9-i-can-never-get-that-back-woman-on-horrific-abuse-by-beast-36839929.html

Basically a foster family have kids, one of whom has the courage to report repeated rape. HSE found complaint credible yet still sent more kids there and more rapes ensueing. One child was raped at 6 years old.

So what does it take for heads to roll in this country. Its absolutely sickening. TUSLA and HSE should be disbanded and started from scratch at this stage. Maybe Tony Fearan had a point after all, there would be 50 pages of discussion on this if it was the catholic church involved.

johnnycool

Quote from: Itchy on April 25, 2018, 09:58:59 AM
Did no one see this last night. Surely one of the biggest scandals to hit a state agency.

Article below

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/he-took-my-virginity-away-from-me-at-9-i-can-never-get-that-back-woman-on-horrific-abuse-by-beast-36839929.html

Basically a foster family have kids, one of whom has the courage to report repeated rape. HSE found complaint credible yet still sent more kids there and more rapes ensueing. One child was raped at 6 years old.

So what does it take for heads to roll in this country. Its absolutely sickening. TUSLA and HSE should be disbanded and started from scratch at this stage. Maybe Tony Fearan had a point after all, there would be 50 pages of discussion on this if it was the catholic church involved.

Whoever in the HSE was made aware of the case and didn't inform the Guards needs to be called to account and as you say that's every bit as bad as the goings on in the Catholic institutions.

Edit, It turns out that the family did inform the Gardai who filed a case with the DPP who didn't prosecute for whatever reason and it seems that it was only when the other girl "Amy" came forward again that the charges were pressed!

Some mess altogether.

Itchy

Quote from: johnnycool on April 25, 2018, 10:30:18 AM

Article below

Whoever in the HSE was made aware of the case and didn't inform the Guards needs to be called to account and as you say that's every bit as bad as the goings on in the Catholic institutions.

Edit, It turns out that the family did inform the Gardai who filed a case with the DPP who didn't prosecute for whatever reason and it seems that it was only when the other girl "Amy" came forward again that the charges were pressed!

Some mess altogether.

Yes but they continued to allow foster children to go to this house which is inconceivable.

Rossfan

Absolutely.
Should have stopped using that house immediately.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Article below

Was a court case recently up here that generated over 270 odd pages on the board..interesting that the other state scandal doesnt seem to generate much interest either
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

Article below

Or the Shinners. I didn't see the programme but as you said what the fcuk does it take for heads to roll? Will anything be done about it?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Itchy on April 25, 2018, 10:59:55 AM

Article below

Some mess altogether.

Yes but they continued to allow foster children to go to this house which is inconceivable.
If there is any question of abuse no child should be left with a family. More politically correct innocent until proven guilty shite
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Itchy

Quote from: Avondhu star on April 25, 2018, 12:11:06 PM

Article below

Some mess altogether.

If there is any question of abuse no child should be left with a family. More politically correct innocent until proven guilty shite

I doubt it is "political correctness" gone mad, just out and out pure incompetence.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Itchy on April 25, 2018, 02:03:00 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on April 25, 2018, 12:11:06 PM

Article below

Some mess altogether.

I doubt it is "political correctness" gone mad, just out and out pure incompetence.
Not incompetence. It's the same mindset that stopped the P.S.N.I. investigating the recent rape case properly. The alleged victim should have been asked the questions by the police that were raised by the defence. They were afraid to do so because they would have been accused of political incorrectness.

Concerns about child abuse were ignored because the H.S.E. were afraid the family would take an action against them if nothing was proven
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

macdanger2

Quote from: Itchy on April 24, 2018, 09:59:01 PM

Only watched it this evening, felt sick in my stomach listening to that girl

manfromdelmonte

When you have to deal with tusla regularly  you realize that yes, any sort of a fcuk up is possible with them.

Itchy

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 25, 2018, 11:31:52 PM
When you have to deal with tusla regularly  you realize that yes, any sort of a fcuk up is possible with them.

They are less incompetent at stitching up Garda informers though.

magpie seanie

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 25, 2018, 11:06:09 PM

I heard about this story on radio 1 on Tuesday morning and nearly vomited in the car. I really hope there is some action taken against the people who allowed children continue to be put in or remain in this horrific situation. Obviously major reviews and clean outs of processes and procedures and probably personnel in the HSE and Tusla must happen. Mistakes occur but frankly one of this magnitude with the information available simply cannot happen. It was gross negligence at best and is a scandal.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 26, 2018, 12:22:58 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on April 25, 2018, 11:06:09 PM

I heard about this story on radio 1 on Tuesday morning and nearly vomited in the car. I really hope there is some action taken against the people who allowed children continue to be put in or remain in this horrific situation. Obviously major reviews and clean outs of processes and procedures and probably personnel in the HSE and Tusla must happen. Mistakes occur but frankly one of this magnitude with the information available simply cannot happen. It was gross negligence at best and is a scandal.

It's criminal, I fully expect the protesters to be there (pitchforks optional), setting up go fund me accounts and taking out full page ads to highlight the problems of the HSE Tulsa, they should be demanding that they never work again and charges taking against them..

But on a serious note.. its deplorable and sickening that the most vunerable of children are placed with animals and even after being reported they continued to allow this to happen.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea