Arlene's bigotry shines through

Started by StGallsGAA, February 14, 2018, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AhNowRef

Quote from: Taylor on April 24, 2018, 08:25:27 AM
The current neanderthal biggots that lead unionism will never consider a UI.

I dont say this lightly but I firmly believe we would go back to a war before unionism would agree to a UI

Its a lot harder to murder people when you dont have swathes of the RUC, UDR, BA & MI5 behind you, supplying & directing you and helping you escape after the event...  The Loyalists wont have that....

Anyway, if there was a vote for an UI, what exactly would they be fighting for ?

Avondhu star

Quote from: GJL on April 24, 2018, 08:46:08 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on April 24, 2018, 08:35:24 AM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on April 24, 2018, 07:18:34 AM
The assumption that everyone from a Nationalist background would vote for a UI is way off the mark
This is peddled all the time. It should be qualified by saying the assupmtion that anyone would vote for a UI without knowing what it means for them and society is wrong. The challenge for nationalists and I believe that both SDLP and SF are now starting to get to grips with this, is what it would look like, how it affects peoples pockets and what will loyalist reaction be. It is a nonsense to ask people to vote otherwise.

It sounds a bit like asking people to vote for Brexit without having a fciking clue what it would mean. Imagine!
That would never happen. The British are too intelligent to even think about that.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Avondhu star

Quote from: armaghniac on April 24, 2018, 10:55:04 AM
Quote from: Avondhu star on April 24, 2018, 10:47:52 AM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on April 24, 2018, 10:16:38 AM
I'm not assuming that's your position, it's when the media have headlines like Catholics to me in the majority by 2020 eg. I know lots of Catholics who would prefer to stay part of the UK than a UI, mainly those that are civil servants, work in health and education.

You will be attacked for that suggestion but I believe that there is a significant amount of Catholics that would be happy to stay with Britain. Unless the Republic and those advocating a U.I. come up with a very strong economic argument those people wont change their minds.
I would believe that the country would be better off and that the potential for a good economy is there through agriculture tourism fishing pharma and I.T. but its not worth a civil war

People working health and education would carry on in their jobs are usual.
However, the general point is that people are fully entitled to ask for a proper plan and almost as many people from a Protestant background would be looking carefully at this. One problem is that the main nationalist party in the 6 counties has little economic credibility and spend their time telling the people of the 26 counties how badly off they are.

Provided the present Brexit crisis can be sorted then there is time to have a thorough discussion on these issues.

You obviously havent read the "main nationalist party" money grows on trees economic policy

Rossfan

Firstly SF and SDLP need to say how they see the future All Ireland State.
Then  the Nationalist/Catholic demographic becomes the bigger and as the votes for the Nationalist Parties outnumber those of the Unionist parties.
As the clamour for a  "Border Poll" grows it will be time for another "New Ireland Forum" to discuss and reach some kind of concensus on the shape of a new All Ireland State.
Then have the Poll.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Avondhu star on April 24, 2018, 01:25:26 PM
I'm not assuming that's your position, it's when the media have headlines like Catholics to me in the majority by 2020 eg. I know lots of Catholics who would prefer to stay part of the UK than a UI, mainly those that are civil servants, work in health and education.

You will be attacked for that suggestion but I believe that there is a significant amount of Catholics that would be happy to stay with Britain. Unless the Republic and those advocating a U.I. come up with a very strong economic argument those people wont change their minds.
I would believe that the country would be better off and that the potential for a good economy is there through agriculture tourism fishing pharma and I.T. but its not worth a civil war

However, the general point is that people are fully entitled to ask for a proper plan and almost as many people from a Protestant background would be looking carefully at this. One problem is that the main nationalist party in the 6 counties has little economic credibility and spend their time telling the people of the 26 counties how badly off they are.

Provided the present Brexit crisis can be sorted then there is time to have a thorough discussion on these issues.

You obviously havent read the "main nationalist party" money grows on trees economic policy

I have read it, I just don't believe it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Avondhu star

Quote from: armaghniac on April 24, 2018, 06:10:55 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on April 24, 2018, 01:25:26 PM

I have read it, I just don't believe it.
Of course their "magic beans" policy should get a lot of support as well

Therealdonald

Quote from: Rossfan on April 24, 2018, 05:52:46 PM
Then  the Nationalist/Catholic demographic becomes the bigger and as the votes for the Nationalist Parties outnumber those of the Unionist parties.
As the clamour for a  "Border Poll" grows it will be time for another "New Ireland Forum" to discuss and reach some kind of concensus on the shape of a new All Ireland State.
Then have the Poll.

Don't agree. For us in the North, it doesn't matter what the new state looks like, it'll be an All Ireland one which was what was campaigned for and is now being voted for.

johnnycool

Quote from: Rossfan on April 24, 2018, 05:52:46 PM
Then have the Poll.

The vision for a New Ireland has to come from the sitting government in the Dail.
Anything else would be just fluff

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Aristo 60

BennyCake

Quote from: Aristo 60 on April 26, 2018, 05:08:36 PM
Who's the daddy?

And in Tom Daley's case... Who's the mummy?

What a fcuked up world we inhabit.

HiMucker

Quote from: BennyCake on April 26, 2018, 06:16:55 PM
Quote from: Aristo 60 on April 26, 2018, 05:08:36 PM
Who's the daddy?

And in Tom Daley's case... Who's the mummy?

What a fcuked up world we inhabit.
You're right, why couldnt things just stay the way they are?  Everyone would be better for it.

Therealdonald

See Arlene on the warpath again, you couldnt write this stuff

imtommygunn

Breakdown of trust....

Sure how could you ever trust that woman so a bit of pot kettle black.

Denn Forever

Trump is coming to England on 13th July.  As the DUP are a  component of the British government, Arlene could invite him to a12th demonstration (Trump's mammy's could have been planters).  Then it wwould be a quick spin to Knock airport where he could get Airforce One over to Britain.  Wouldn't need to stop at the Bascilica.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...