Quote from: Franko on March 04, 2015, 10:45:00 AM
Quote from: muppet on March 04, 2015, 10:39:46 AM
Quote from: Franko on March 04, 2015, 10:36:05 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 04, 2015, 10:15:38 AM
Quote from: Hereiam on March 04, 2015, 10:06:07 AM
What are peoples views on this one.
A property portfolio built up on debt,
owns the bank 70m euros
doesn't live in this particular property but instead lives in his 8 bedroom mansion in england.
Has brought in the help of the land league organisation to fight his cause.

On one hand u dont want to see any family loose a home but this is no ordinary family.
And then then you have the banks who where givin a second chance with the bail out but the common man will not be afforded the same Helpin hand from the banks.

Its a tough one

It's not his family home though, it's one property in a portfolio he had. He gambled, he lost.

I agree with all this - but the banks gambled and lost too.

The only difference being that the taxpayers picked up their tab and they kept their Gorse Hill. Now they're hammering anyone else who did the same.

Don't you see if yer man keeps Gorse Hill, the taxpayer has to pay even more?

Of course I understand that - I don't want them to get keeping the house.

It just doesn't sit right watching the propped up banks acting like this but I suppose there's feck all can be done.  The opportunity to nail the banks for their gambling losses was missed years ago.

Couldn't agree more.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on March 04, 2015, 10:31:00 AM
Quote from: muppet on March 04, 2015, 10:18:30 AM
The New Land League sounds like a nice idea but protecting a man who owes €71m to the banks is a long way from protecting peasant farmers who owned rent and all sorts of taxes which had to be paid from tiny portions of useless land. Added to that they had to give days every year, free of charge, to the landlord to help him manage his estate.

This movement has instantly lost all credibility imho by showing up at Vico Road, Killiney. What the hell are they thinking?

You're raising the bar a bit too high for this lot by bringing "thinking" into it. Aux armes, citoyens! Rememberr Constant Markovidge!

That's brilliant!

"Constant Markievicz gave up 'his' life in that park over there."

Was that when 'he' surrendered to appendicitis?

I have to say I like the name Constant Markievicz though. He was obviously a bitter enemy of Wavering Churchill and probably a hero to Nonstop Enda. Hard to know what Bee in her Bonnet Burton would make of such a woman now, but back in the day the great 1916 fighters Permanent Pearse, Eternal De Valera and Continuity Collins must have been impressed.
MWWSI 2017

macdanger2

Quote from: Franko on March 04, 2015, 10:45:00 AM
Quote from: muppet on March 04, 2015, 10:39:46 AM
Quote from: Franko on March 04, 2015, 10:36:05 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 04, 2015, 10:15:38 AM
Quote from: Hereiam on March 04, 2015, 10:06:07 AM
What are peoples views on this one.
A property portfolio built up on debt,
owns the bank 70m euros
doesn't live in this particular property but instead lives in his 8 bedroom mansion in england.
Has brought in the help of the land league organisation to fight his cause.

On one hand u dont want to see any family loose a home but this is no ordinary family.
And then then you have the banks who where givin a second chance with the bail out but the common man will not be afforded the same Helpin hand from the banks.

Its a tough one

It's not his family home though, it's one property in a portfolio he had. He gambled, he lost.

I agree with all this - but the banks gambled and lost too.

The only difference being that the taxpayers picked up their tab and they kept their Gorse Hill. Now they're hammering anyone else who did the same.

Don't you see if yer man keeps Gorse Hill, the taxpayer has to pay even more?

Of course I understand that - I don't want them to get keeping the house.

It just doesn't sit right watching the propped up banks acting like this but I suppose there's feck all can be done.  The opportunity to nail the banks for their gambling losses was missed years ago.

The problem is that we, the taxpayers, basically own AIB and have a sizeable share in BoI so their losses would be our losses. Like you say, the chance to cut them lose was lost a long way back

Someone earlier mentioned Davitt, I was thinking the same thing myself - these tools are nothing like Davitt

Hardy

Quote from: muppet on March 04, 2015, 12:17:58 PM
Quote from: Hardy on March 04, 2015, 10:31:00 AM
Quote from: muppet on March 04, 2015, 10:18:30 AM
The New Land League sounds like a nice idea but protecting a man who owes €71m to the banks is a long way from protecting peasant farmers who owned rent and all sorts of taxes which had to be paid from tiny portions of useless land. Added to that they had to give days every year, free of charge, to the landlord to help him manage his estate.

This movement has instantly lost all credibility imho by showing up at Vico Road, Killiney. What the hell are they thinking?

You're raising the bar a bit too high for this lot by bringing "thinking" into it. Aux armes, citoyens! Rememberr Constant Markovidge!

That's brilliant!

"Constant Markievicz gave up 'his' life in that park over there."

Was that when 'he' surrendered to appendicitis?

I have to say I like the name Constant Markievicz though. He was obviously a bitter enemy of Wavering Churchill and probably a hero to Nonstop Enda. Hard to know what Bee in her Bonnet Burton would make of such a woman now, but back in the day the great 1916 fighters Permanent Pearse, Eternal De Valera and Continuity Collins must have been impressed.

If you listen carefully, he doesn't get the surname right either, to add to the first name, sex, length of career, manner of death, location of death and general historical record.

"Markovidge"

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on March 04, 2015, 11:26:35 AM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 04, 2015, 10:39:26 AM
Feck him and his Mrs and WTF are these eejits "The New Land League" and why are they hitching their wagon to a property speculator that helped screw the State?

Starve them out of it - BOI reposses the house, sell it and put another small dent into the debts the bank owes to the People of Ireland
Well said.

I couldn't agree more. At a time where there is a real homeless problem nobody has the "right" to live in house 10 times the average which they haven't paid for.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2015/03/03/thousands-attend-vigil-for-odonnell-family-now-left-with-only-one-mansion/

Thousands Attend Vigil For O'Donnell Family Now Left With Only One Mansion

"What is wrong with this country when you can't even owe a couple of hundred million euro without being harassed by the banks." shouted a reveller attending a candlelight vigil in Dublin today in a show of solidarity with embattled solicitor Brian O'Donnell.

The family, who sought to be allowed to continue living in their €31mn palatial mansion, has lost their bid to remain in the property due to a measly seventy million euro debt they owe to the bank of Ireland.

So far this evening an estimated 40,000 people braved the elements and gathered at various locations across the country in silent protest against the unfair treatment of the O'Donnell family, who now have to face moving into their luxury eight bedroomed town house in London.

"The government might as well send them off to Iraq." said one vigilant vigil goer. "How is Brian and his wife expected to live a normal life now? Where are they supposed to put all their priceless art pieces and sports cars now?"
MWWSI 2017

Bord na Mona man

Another example of the sense of entitlement culture that prevails in certain sections.
Types like O'Donnell, Sean Dunne, David Drumm see the legal system as something that can be danced around and evaded. When O'Donnell bought the house originally, he put in place a complex structure to avoid paying stamp duty. Laws and taxes are for the little people no doubt. I sense there is bafflement on their part as to why they should be honouring commitments made when taking out big loans.

Beades is another one. A chancer from Bertie Ahern's Drumcondra circle. Happy enough to chance his arm and make a few quid in development in the good times, doesn't believe in paying his way when it goes wrong. Clearly eager to stick the bill on the tax payers for his and other people's misadventures.

Notice the flag waving nationalism a lot of these fellas indulge in too. When Beades and Constant Marchievitz Darcy halted the Allsops auction they were singing the national anthem, quoting from the constitution and taking delight at somehow foiling de Brits. The fellas who are quickest to pull on the green jersey and often the quickest ones to pull strokes against the entity that it represents. Why wouldn't you love the nation that allows you to fleece it I suppose...

Rossfan

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on March 05, 2015, 11:09:14 AM
Another example of the sense of entitlement culture that prevails in certain sections.
Types like O'Donnell, Sean Dunne, David Drumm see the legal system as something that can be danced around and evaded. When O'Donnell bought the house originally, he put in place a complex structure to avoid paying stamp duty. Laws and taxes are for the little people no doubt. I sense there is bafflement on their part as to why they should be honouring commitments made when taking out big loans.

Beades is another one. A chancer from Bertie Ahern's Drumcondra circle. Happy enough to chance his arm and make a few quid in development in the good times, doesn't believe in paying his way when it goes wrong. Clearly eager to stick the bill on the tax payers for his and other people's misadventures.

Notice the flag waving nationalism a lot of these fellas indulge in too. When Beades and Constant Marchievitz Darcy halted the Allsops auction they were singing the national anthem, quoting from the constitution and taking delight at somehow foiling de Brits. The fellas who are quickest to pull on the green jersey and often the quickest ones to pull strokes against the entity that it represents. Why wouldn't you love the nation that allows you to fleece it I suppose...
+1.
Fcukin cnuts the lot of them. >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Subbie

There's a very good discussion on the property pin about this debacle, if anyone wants the full lowdown have a look there, its over 40 pages at this stage but packed full of info about the long long long drawn out process that is Irish "Justice" in this particular instance.

If I or 99.9% of the people on this board didn't pay rent/mortgage/ loan of any description we would be fucked out on our hole.Simple as that.

Because this parasite has been legally trained and most likely attended the "rightw school/uni, was a member of the "right" clubs and knew/knows the "right" people its softly softly lets defer,reserve judgement, go to supreme court and when that doesn't work we f**king go somewhere else.

Also the mainstream media looked like the total fuckwits they are when Vincent Browne launched his one man invasion the other day, Vincent was doing what proper journalists should do, the rest of them stood giggling at the gate like convent schoolgirls, unsure what to do, the fact that this O'Donnell creature was and still is highly thought of in Indoland says it all really.

one last thing, how is this fuckwit paying for his supreme court challenge or is the tax payer picking that up as well as his debts?

mikehunt

Quote from: Rossfan on March 05, 2015, 11:23:54 AM

+1.

From what I can tell u have a resentment against the poor (or the "we won't pay brigade" as u call them). You also hate the rich. Do you find that this borderline fascist mentality impacts your decision making when your union rep hat is on? I'm just wondering how you can sideline such prejudices when carrying out your trojan efforts at defending all workers rights?

Rossfan

Quote from: mikehunt on March 06, 2015, 09:48:45 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 05, 2015, 11:23:54 AM

+1.

From what I can tell u have a resentment against the poor (or the "we won't pay brigade" as u call them). You also hate the rich. Do you find that this borderline fascist mentality impacts your decision making when your union rep hat is on? I'm just wondering how you can sideline such prejudices when carrying out your trojan efforts at defending all workers rights?
You annoying judgemental yoke know nothing about me and I would appreciate it if you cut out the imaginary abusive strereotyping of someone you don't know.
For your info most of the " we won't pay" brigade are well able to pay and some I know would spend the annual water fee of €160 on porter in a few weeks.
As for defending worker's rights -when I see Murphy,Higgins, Boyd Barrett, Daly, Coppinger etc etc achieving anything for any working or work seeking person I'll be watching out for the flying pigs.
And don't bother replying Hunt as I've now added you to the ignore list.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Subbie

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d_s3Q5vnRFE

This is the kind of brain box the "land league" have coat tailing them.

This kind of stupidity would have got you a savage box in the ear from a priest or christian brother not too long ago at school.

Now? Stand up on 6-1 news and make a bollix of herself with an audience of nodding donkeys behind you, good lad.

Hardy

Quote from: The Subbie on March 06, 2015, 11:58:47 AM

This kind of stupidity would have got you a savage box in the ear from a priest or christian brother not too long ago at school.

Now? Stand up on 6-1 news and make a bollix of herself with an audience of nodding donkeys behind you, good lad.

Wow! Where did you find that?

The Subbie

Quote from: Hardy on March 06, 2015, 12:29:15 PM
Quote from: The Subbie on March 06, 2015, 11:58:47 AM

Wow! Where did you find that?

It's on that property pin thread I mentioned Hardy,it really is staggering isn't it?

The depth of idiocy is breathtaking but it's the nodding donkeys in the background with Ben Gilroy front and centre that is something else.

The Subbie

Edit! Just read the other replays to this thread  and seen someone else posted the same thing before me ::)
Not guilty of plagiarism from this board your honour!!