ROSCOMMON v MEATH...

Started by Shrewdness, February 22, 2015, 09:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

Looking at that Meath team they are setting up for all out attack, after our 2 very fragile looking defensive performances against Laois and Kildare you cant blame them, I think Evens will set us up more defenceively  for this game, may be lower scoring than the last 2, hope Rossies can win this one Saw Meath last sat night on setanta and they looked all over the shop but then so did we in that first half against Kildare, just cant call this one, too much missinformation, heres looking forward to a good game.

seafoid

Quote from: thejuice on March 19, 2015, 02:24:16 PM
Meath u21's from last nights loss to Kildare . Expect a few to line out at the weekend.

J Hannigan;

M Flood, G McGowan, L Ferguson;
S Dowling, B Power, S McEntee;

A Flanagan; H Rooney;

P Harnan, R O Coileain, C Rooney;
J Wallace, P Kennelly, E Wallace

Subs: B Duggan, J McEntee, B Dardis, F Ward

Good to see Rooney is healthy again. Tormey is out for the rest of the league who is quite a loss for us.

I don't expect any big line up changes, maybe E Wallace will start ahead of O'Sullivan this week. Hopefully the lads won't go to sleep when they get in front this time.
Another bad underage result for Meath. Football needs a stronger Meath, I think.   

rrhf

They need to work a bit harder at it though. The celtic tiger softened their approach.  Too wealthy, too refined,  meath as a county went from grim to gorgeous overnight and the football suffered. I agree that we need meath as much to keep the dubs honest. We might have the odd reservation in Tyrone about their renaissance but it's only because of the auld arthritis setting in from the savagery we experienced.  But we can't be selfish.. Mon the royals

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: rrhf on March 20, 2015, 04:36:23 PM
They need to work a bit harder at it though. The celtic tiger softened their approach.  Too wealthy, too refined,  meath as a county went from grim to gorgeous overnight and the football suffered. I agree that we need meath as much to keep the dubs honest. We might have the odd reservation in Tyrone about their renaissance but it's only because of the auld arthritis setting in from the savagery we experienced.  But we can't be selfish.. Mon the royals
Too much education is a bad thing

Jinxy

I'd tend to agree.
We got too rich and good-looking.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Quote from: Jinxy on March 20, 2015, 09:36:49 PM
I'd tend to agree.
We got too rich and good-looking.

Rich anyway  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Meath is another way to say D4 to me.

Rossfan

Jasis Syfín if ya were ever in Ballivor or Ballinlough (Co Meath) you'd not say that ;D... Not to mention Dunderry or Nawberrh.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

It's a 3pm throw in for this game tomorrow. Probably won't know the Ros team line up until nearly match time.

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on March 21, 2015, 12:58:42 PM
It's a 3pm throw in for this game tomorrow. Probably won't know the Ros team line up until nearly match time.

Got my tickets printed out yesterday, still says 2pm. This could get messy.

Shrewdness

Syf, according to Club Rossie and Roscommon Gaa, it's a 3pm throw in. Not sure why. Might be trying to confuse the Meath people.

Hardy

We're a step ahead of yiz - we're heading for Kiltoom.

gibbs32

Lar Naparka

C'mon the Rossies.
Let's see if Senan Kilbride can prove me wrong!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

rrhf

The only way is meath...

Gorgeous