The official Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Started by heganboy, July 03, 2018, 12:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Wembley pitch in some state for tonights match. Not a good advert for a premier league game being shown around the world.
nil satis nisi optimum

Boycey

Yeah poor looking but not really Wembleys fault, Spurs should have been gone back to WHL long since..

As an aside, how small does an NFL pitch look  :)

gawa316

You'd think in this day and age they could do a better job at covering up the markings

Cunny Funt

Wembley pitch not great tonight but still a lot better than this Stamford bridge pitch that Charlton had to play on in 2003.

Milltown Row2

The City juggernaut continues to gain momentum
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 29, 2018, 10:25:30 PM

I don't even think they have found their stride yet this season. They will be hard to stop.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on October 29, 2018, 10:47:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 29, 2018, 10:25:30 PM

I don't even think they have found their stride yet this season. They will be hard to stop.

Will they concentrate on the CL though? Surely that's a big focus for them? Liverpool should keep it tight though and do better than last years attempt
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Good to see Leicester City win today after the week they had.

Boycey

SHEEDY

when did the poppy on the shirts become a thing? its only a recent thing or am i wrong, don't remember teams wearing them back in the day.
nil satis nisi optimum

Boycey

Quote from: SHEEDY on November 05, 2018, 06:04:31 PM
when did the poppy on the shirts become a thing? its only a recent thing or am i wrong, don't remember teams wearing them back in the day.

It's become a thing only in the last 10/15 years, I remember Utd being one of the last teams teams to bow to the pressure and there was a hoo haa about that at the time.

Edit: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1225325/Poppy-power-Now-Premier-clubs-refusing-Sportsmails-campaign-honour-heroes.html

There ya go it's even more recent than I thought, Liverpool were another of the 'rebels'

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Boycey on November 05, 2018, 06:50:15 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on November 05, 2018, 06:04:31 PM

It's become a thing only in the last 10/15 years, I remember Utd being one of the last teams teams to bow to the pressure and there was a hoo haa about that at the time.

Edit: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1225325/Poppy-power-Now-Premier-clubs-refusing-Sportsmails-campaign-honour-heroes.html

There ya go it's even more recent than I thought, Liverpool were another of the 'rebels'
That article sums up all that is wrong with this. Poppy farce every year
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Carmen Stateside

Mark Hughes fired by Southampton  for drawing 2-2 with United at the weekend

GJL

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 03, 2018, 10:08:00 AM
Mark Hughes fired by Southampton  for drawing 2-2 with United at the weekend

Very Harsh.

mrdeeds

Not harsh. Play uninspiring football and constantly makes excuses. First manager sacked twice in one year in PL.