Henry Flooring

Started by mc_grens, August 29, 2008, 11:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

I AM FURIOUS!!!!

Just had the worst ever experience with a tradesman of any description. Was due to get Wooden floors down today in our appartment, the fellas were to arrive at 10 or 10.30 or so to do the job.

Instead I get a phonecall at 10 telling me the wood is out of stock and wont be in for a month. There are no similar woods in higher up ranges that we can use instead. He says he wont be able to get our wood for a month, and wont be able to come back to do the job again for a week. Its a joke.

All the carpets in the house are torn up bar one bedroom. All the carpets are dumped. All the furniture is on our bedroom, with one little avenue in and out of the bed.

I told him as far as i was concerned he could buy it retail and take the loss, because the stuff is piled to the ceiling in any number of places. He said he'd go look and call me back. No word back surprise surprise.

So, the moral of the story is never to have anything to do with Henry flooring.

Also, can anyone recommend a good, and reasonably priced wooden floor fitter?

under the bar

Hagan Flooring in Coalisland.  They did my whole house and they can be talked to on the price.   The way the bldg trade is at the min, I'm sure you could get a much better price if you play a few off against one another.

Rois

Where are you?  I got a new one down about two wks ago and had great service from a friend of a friend.  Belfast direction.

mc_grens

Dublin. THINK i might have aknight in shining armour to do it Monday.

f**king Joke.

muppet

I live in Dublin but got a Banbridge crowd to do my floors. The fitters were great lads, good job done with no fuss and most importantly they were realiable. Actually they were at the house every morning before I was.
MWWSI 2017

mylestheslasher

Do it yourself. It is not that difficult, especially if you are laying a floating floor. Going to do one myself this weekend.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 29, 2008, 02:21:20 PM
Do it yourself. It is not that difficult, especially if you are laying a floating floor. Going to do one myself this weekend.

I was going to say the same thing..
Really easy to do most of the floors just click together,just get yourself a chop saw to get angles and other cuts straight.
You'll pick a decent chop saw up in B&Q for €60
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mc_grens

Floor isnt completely level our appt is in a converted listed building, and its an awkward motherfucker of a hallway to do. Otherwise I would.

I've done it before, but not one anywhere near this awkward to do.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: mc_grens on August 29, 2008, 04:26:34 PM
Floor isnt completely level our appt is in a converted listed building, and its an awkward motherfucker of a hallway to do. Otherwise I would.

I've done it before, but not one anywhere near this awkward to do.

Levelling compound would sort that out in a jiffy
You'll Never Walk Alone.