The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnson

Yet anything he does is still bigger news than any other UFC fighter who has fought in the last year and a half.

gallsman

Are people under the impression that this is somehow a good thing, that he's in the news for acting the maggot rather than actually fighting?

Taylor

He is a kn**ker and a sc**bag, even a complete dick but he certainly isn't irrelevant.

Garners more column inches than any other fighter in UFC and no matter what, Dana needs him more than he needs Dana.

This UFC card has went from being just another one to one that will get massive attention and therefore will now get $$$$$$ which it would never have got otherwise especially as punters were unlikely to pay for Wrestlemania and UFC in same weekend

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Taylor on April 05, 2018, 10:17:36 PMThis UFC card has went from being just another one to one that will get massive attention and therefore will now get $$$$$$ which it would never have got otherwise especially as punters were unlikely to pay for Wrestlemania and UFC in same weekend

No it wont

The Iceman

ANte Diaz has an interesting slant on it... in plain english

Khabib cornered Conor's friend Artem with a group of lads like a bully. What do you expect Conor and his group of lads would do when they arrived.
And then the bully hid on the bus and got bullied himself....

We look at these things sometimes through different lenses.  The Diaz brothers and their "crew" fight outside the cage all the time. Honour and loyalth are everything.  McGregor and the SBG boys are the same. Stockton is very much like Crumlin maybe in the mentality of the people?

I'm not excusing the behavioour in any way - but maybe Diaz isn't far off the mark...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Gabriel_Hurl

The Iceman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 05, 2018, 11:09:32 PM
The Khabib / Artem thing happened a few days ago - https://www.facebook.com/mma247official/videos/1523926604386977
When Artem was solo and McGregor's gang wasn't in town.... kind of makes sense on their level Gabe?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Gabriel_Hurl

I don't know who is who in that video - but doesn't look like he's by himself.

Absolutely no-one comes out of this looking good at all

gawa316

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 05, 2018, 11:19:00 PM

According to wee Davy Thompson on Twitter  it was a load of Everton fans with him!

Smokin Joe

3 of this weekend's fights are off:

Lobov pulled from the card by UFC
Chiesa injured by shattered glass
Borg got glass in his eyes

That's quite the outcome of McGregor's actions

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on April 06, 2018, 03:49:16 AM

According to wee Davy Thompson on Twitter  it was a load of Everton fans with him!

;D ;D ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Smokin Joe

Found it interesting that a fellow UFC fighter would, off the bat, say "Lol of course he's on drugs!! McGregor so coked out of his mind he probably don't even know where he is right now"

https://twitter.com/JamesVickMMA/status/981988259881463808

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: laoislad on April 06, 2018, 07:19:35 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on April 06, 2018, 03:49:16 AM

;D ;D ;D

;D ;D

And him a UFC ambassador too!!
Radio NewYorkside have banned him for the year

gallsman

The usual SBG numbskull lackeys were there. Charlie Ward, Cian Cowley etc. I'm impressed Ward managed to get through the thing without knocking himself out.

Taylor

McGregor has been charged with assault and criminal mischief. To appear in court later today