The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

I thought Holloway-Pettis was awful. Broken hand didn't help but Pettis looked finished from the get go. There's nothing back at 155 any more either. Holloway has been incredibly impressive but I think both Aldo and McGregor would butcher him.

Cerrone for a spectacular knockout but there was more than enough in that fight to show that he doesn't belong at the business end of WW.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on December 12, 2016, 03:12:08 PM
I thought Holloway-Pettis was awful. Broken hand didn't help but Pettis looked finished from the get go. There's nothing back at 155 any more either. Holloway has been incredibly impressive but I think both Aldo and McGregor would butcher him.

Cerrone for a spectacular knockout but there was more than enough in that fight to show that he doesn't belong at the business end of WW.

I enjoyed Pettis getting a beating - he needed it and I agree he's got nothing at 155  - he should head to Bellator or somewhere- I think Uncle Dana would agree...

Cerrone made hard work of the brown fight - he should stay at 155 but even there he gets hit a lot and still carries that old midsection injury that leaves him vulnerable.

the FOTY candidate... look it was entertaining, but there wasn't a whole lot of skill involved...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Hound

Quote from: gallsman on December 12, 2016, 03:12:08 PM

Don't think we'll ever see Mcgregor back at 145, but I think Aldo v Holloway will be a cracker, and I wouldnt put it past Holloway to get the win. UFC trying to get it on in Feb, but that's very soon for Max, so he's asking for a later date. Would love to see him win it.

Be interesting to see if Swanson kicks on after his impressive win. I expected Choi to beat him, but Swanson was too good, too strong. They'll both be in more exciting fights in the future I'm sure.

Agree with Joe re N'gannou. Looks a right talent. Certainly one to keep an eye out for.

The Gs Man

Quote from: The Iceman on December 12, 2016, 04:20:58 PM

Cerrone made hard work of the brown fight - he should stay at 155 but even there he gets hit a lot and still carries that old midsection injury that leaves him vulnerable.

the FOTY candidate... look it was entertaining, but there wasn't a whole lot of skill involved...

Ah come on!  Who doesn't like a good brawl?!
Keep 'er lit

5 Sams

McGregor Irish Sports Personality of the Year :-X :-[ :-\ Country's cowped.
The Aristocrat Years

Far East

Is there anyone more deserving? Who would your choice have been?

nrico2006

McGregor is the clear winner
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Captain Obvious

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 17, 2016, 11:56:34 PM
McGregor Irish Sports Personality of the Year :-X :-[ :-\ Country's cowped.

Well to be honest a few still question if UFC is a sport and personality I think it's created character for him and he plays it very well

Syferus

Obvious and correct choice. Olympics were a shitshow and no one bar the three boatys came out of it with any plaudits. Beyond that the only highlights were beating the All Blacks who were off on their holidays and the Italian B team in the Euros. Not exactly much competition on the international stage for McGregor.

lenny

Quote from: Syferus on December 18, 2016, 05:45:19 PM
Obvious and correct choice. Olympics were a shitshow and no one bar the three boatys came out of it with any plaudits. Beyond that the only highlights were beating the All Blacks who were off on their holidays and the Italian B team in the Euros. Not exactly much competition on the international stage for McGregor.

To be honest that's the first time I've ever heard mcgregor speaking and I must say he is a very unlikeable character. I've read lots of quotes by him but it's not a sport I take any interest in. It's a new sport and very much a minority sport in participation terms. I've enough sports that i'm passionate about and I don't have any desire to watch this mongrel of a sport. I would say that 80% of sports fans in ireland either don't like mcgregor or are indifferent to him due to not having any interest in that sport. He obviously has a loyal following among the generation who are most likely to have voted though.

Syferus

McGregor is the biggest sports star from this country. He may well end up the most well known of all time. One thing few are is indifferent to him.

screenexile

Quote from: Syferus on December 18, 2016, 11:14:08 PM
McGregor is the biggest sports star from this country. He may well end up the most well known of all time. One thing few are is indifferent to him.

McIlroy

lenny

Quote from: Syferus on December 18, 2016, 11:14:08 PM

Most people I know are indifferent to mcgregor. If you've no interest in mma then the only time you see him is in news clips. I would say the big majority of the country have no interest in mma. Having said that the people who have got into seem to be very loyal to mcgregor. Mcilroy is a bigger star than mcgregor

gallsman

Rousey back tonight. Looks to be in excellent shape.

Hope Cruz annihilates Garbrandt.

The Iceman

Cruz, if he's healthy, should dominate him and make a cub out of him....
I really hope Rowdy is back on form and doesn't get clipped and finished this one fast.. she took some flack when she lost to Holly and went on hiatus.
Interested to see how TJ handles Lineker - could be a big KO finish from either one...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight