The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 13, 2016, 06:32:51 AM
Cakewalk for McGregor.

Only Nate and Khabib could actually go toe to toe with the maddest and baddest man in all of UFC history

Quote from: heganboy on November 13, 2016, 06:44:00 AM
those 4 punches to put him down and the first two when he hit the ground were clinical. unreal accuracy

All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

DrinkingHarp

That left hand is lethal!!!

"Where is my fookin second belt?"......Classic
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

gallsman

An absolute masterclass. Eddie was awful.

Asal Mor

What do people of Nurmagomedov who won impressively on the undercard and said

"I want to stay humble but I have to talk because your guys talk too much. I understand how crazy powerful the UFC PR machine is," he said
"Your guy [Conor McGregor], at the beginning of the year tapped like a chicken [to Nate Diaz]. At the end of the year, he fights for the title - crazy. You know, guys, this is true. This is not trash-talking.

"Ireland only has six million people, Russia has 150 million. I want to fight your chicken! This is number one easy fight in the lightweight division."

There's also a youtube clip of an altercation between McGregor and him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTNw7FEu3G0

You'd suspect that the altercation was staged which would mean that McGregor sees him as being one of his next fights.

gallsman

Khabib has a chip on his about not fighting for the title. He was undisputed number one contender before he got hurt and absolutely savaged RDA, suplexing him all over the place. He came back in April after two years of injuries and has been utterly dominant in every fight he's had. He's had to adjust to this new reality where McGregor picks his fights. Either he or Tony Ferguson are legit number one contenders in the division but Khabib probably figures (probably correctly) that a McGregor win this morning would see him passed over again in favour of Diaz, a fighter ranked below him. He's simply trying to talk his way into being next in line.

gallsman

Quote from: Medic on November 13, 2016, 06:51:40 AM
Only Nate and Khabib could actually go toe to toe with the maddest and baddest man in all of UFC history

Please, that level of sycophancy is just embarrassing.

theticklemister

Ironic that the man enters to Foggy Dew and wears a poppy

Tony Baloney

Imagine spending a fortune flying to New York for that dung. I suppose you could say the same about boxing too.

JimStynes

I'm not a massive UFC fan but I wouldnt say that was dung. There was a lot of cracking fights on that card and would have been a great event to go to.

Syferus

Making a case as the GoAT now. He's brought MMA to another level.

JoG2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 13, 2016, 10:54:07 AM
Imagine spending a fortune flying to New York for that dung. I suppose you could say the same about boxing too.

But you're still in New York!  Every cloud Tony. 

Hound

Quote from: JimStynes on November 13, 2016, 11:29:01 AM
I'm not a massive UFC fan but I wouldnt say that was dung. There was a lot of cracking fights on that card and would have been a great event to go to.
I doubt there's ever been a better card of fights in any combat sports event.

So many fights can go either way. And then McGregor puts on a pure masterclass to destroy a world champion. Fantastic.

He's a clear Irish sportsman of the year, but doubt he'll pick up any awards, given our incompetent Irish media.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on November 13, 2016, 11:45:17 AM

What's Greatest of All Time in UFC? How long is MMA around? (Not being smart, just curious). I certainly hadn't heard of it until maybe 6 or 7 years ago, I think I saw it on Eurosport or something and couldn't believe it was allowed!!

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 14, 2016, 09:10:31 AM
Quote from: Syferus on November 13, 2016, 11:45:17 AM

What's Greatest of All Time in UFC? How long is MMA around? (Not being smart, just curious). I certainly hadn't heard of it until maybe 6 or 7 years ago, I think I saw it on Eurosport or something and couldn't believe it was allowed!!

UFC has been around since 1993.

AZOffaly

Presumably MMA has been around longer than that?