The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

McGregor against Eddie Alvarez for the Lightweight title confirmed for UFC 205 in Madison Square Garden on November 12th. One of three title fights in the night. One of them is a women's strawweight fight between two Poles, so with that and McGregor, the atmosphere should be incredible.

Gabriel_Hurl

Aldo has asked for his release from the UFC citing their inability to fix a rematch with McGregor for the 145 belt

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/9/27/13083694/jose-aldo-requests-his-release-from-the-ufc

dec

There was a big line today outside MSG today just for the UFC 205 press conference.

gawa316

So Iceman what's your take on McGregor's chances against Alvarez?

Press conf was good craic

GJL

Anyone know of any package deals from Ireland? Flights/tickets/hotel. Thanks.

Hound

Quote from: GJL on September 28, 2016, 09:16:41 AM
You'll get some hosing with that!

The official ticket prices are:
$100
$250
$450
$600
$800
$1000
$1500

so an agent would go to town would add a nice premium to those.

People who are with FightClub - costs $88 a year - got early access to tickets today. The cheapest option most people were given were the $600 tickets. Maybe they're holding some back for the public sale on Friday. There's a "newsletter sale" tomorrow for people who subscribe to the MMA Newsletter I think - (I've heard that usually you should be able to google that tomorrow and find out what the special code is)

Apparently flights still were available for under €500 this morning

The Iceman

Quote from: gawa316 on September 28, 2016, 07:24:07 AM
So Iceman what's your take on McGregor's chances against Alvarez?

Press conf was good craic

7 weeks to train for a title fight.... is his foot ok? Is he in shape? There's a lot of questions hanging over McGregor right now.  It would appear that 2 weight world champion is his destiny but we'll see in November....
On paper Eddie is a fantastic grappler - he overwhelmed Pettis and nullified his striking.  Cowboy schooled him but had a big reach advantage and I think Cowboy is a much better grappler than CMG.
CMG can be taken down by wrestlers.  Diaz isn't a wrestler and like most BJJ guys he struggled to bring the fight to the ground (different story once they are there). Conor doesn't have the same length advantage that he had with Mendes (helps with sweeps and reversals) and definitely does not have the same weight advantage he had.
This fight will be a fight of "if's"

If CMG cracks him on the feet its over
If Eddie can get him to the ground and keep him there its over

Who is successful first?
McGregor if he is healthy and mobile should stop him early...if the fight goes on it's Eddies by grind...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

GJL

Quote from: Hound on September 28, 2016, 03:59:19 PM
Quote from: GJL on September 28, 2016, 09:16:41 AM
You'll get some hosing with that!

The official ticket prices are:
$100
$250
$450
$600
$800
$1000
$1500

so an agent would go to town would add a nice premium to those.

People who are with FightClub - costs $88 a year - got early access to tickets today. The cheapest option most people were given were the $600 tickets. Maybe they're holding some back for the public sale on Friday. There's a "newsletter sale" tomorrow for people who subscribe to the MMA Newsletter I think - (I've heard that usually you should be able to google that tomorrow and find out what the special code is)

Apparently flights still were available for under €500 this morning

Can get a flight and hotel deal form Belfast for £629pp. 3 nights in Westin Grand central Hotel. Good enough value but having no joy with tickets. :-\  Will it def sell out? Seems too much of a gamble to head out there without securing tickets first but I don't want to pay $1000 each either....

gallsman

If you want tickets you'll need to sign up for Fight Club. No chance of grabbing one on general same I think.

GJL

Quote from: gallsman on September 28, 2016, 09:32:30 PM
If you want tickets you'll need to sign up for Fight Club. No chance of grabbing one on general same I think.

I signed up to ufc fightclub today and got into the pre sale. Only very expensive tickets available at the start. None of the cheaper options. Now nothing available. Any ideas?

JimStynes

McGregor is great value in his press conferences, he loves that pantomime villain role. All complete bullshit of course and part of selling the fight but entertaining all the same.

gallsman

Quote from: GJL on September 28, 2016, 09:45:28 PM

I signed up to ufc fightclub today and got into the pre sale. Only very expensive tickets available at the start. None of the cheaper options. Now nothing available. Any ideas?

Get your finger ready to hit refresh on the general sale on as many devices as possible!

GJL

Quote from: gallsman on September 28, 2016, 11:18:02 PM
Quote from: GJL on September 28, 2016, 09:45:28 PM

Get your finger ready to hit refresh on the general sale on as many devices as possible!

I doubt that will have to be my plan. Thanks.

Hound

I got a code from a NY Knicks season ticket holder for special access to tickets today at 10am. Was checking on and off for a couple of hours. Only tickets I was offered were 1000 and 1500!

General sale starts tomorrow I believe, so there may be cheaper tickets then, but not holding my breath!

The cheapest ticket anyone I know got through Fight Club on Wednesday was 600.

gallsman

There will be cheaper tickets available, but the chances of getting one are remote.