The official Premier League 2018/19 Thread

Started by heganboy, July 03, 2018, 12:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

As they say in Derry Girls, I see the wee English fella scored for the Hammers yesterday.

Boycey

Spurs determined to turn the battle for Champions League places into 4 for 2 places rather than 3 for 1...

Milltown Row2

Spurs just giving up 3rd place . Utd could level with them but Arsenal may come out on top after the mid week game, even though Arsenal were beat handy away.

City wining their home games handy to, Sterling has his knockers but a hatrick for a winger ain't bad.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Never beat the deeler

Just looking at the run ins:
Liverpool seem to have an easier run-in, though a lot depends on how teams go between now and then - who will be battling for their lives etc.

City play
Fulham (a) - already gone?
Cardiff (h) - fighting for their life
Palace (a) - safe
Spurs (h) - Fighting for 4th
United (a) - same, derby
Burnley (a) - currently fighting for their lives, depends where they are at

Leicester (h) - safe
Brighton (a) - could be in a battle

Liverpool have
Spurs (h) - fighting for 4th, but also seem to be in freefall
Southampton (a) - fighting for life
Chelsea (h) - fighting for 4th

Cardiff (a) - could be in a dogfight, could be already gone
Huddersfield (h) - already gone
Newcastle (a) - should be safe by then
Wolves (h) - mid table

edit - missed a game
Hasta la victoria siempre

TabClear

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on March 11, 2019, 03:45:07 AM
Just looking at the run ins:
Liverpool seem to have an easier run-in, though a lot depends on how teams go between now and then - who will be battling for their lives etc.

City play
Cardiff (h) - fighting for their life
Palace (a) - safe
Spurs (h) - Fighting for 4th
United (a) - same, derby
Burnley (a) - currently fighting for their lives, depends where they are at

Leicester (h) - safe
Brighton (a) - could be in a battle

Liverpool have
Spurs (h) - fighting for 4th, but also seem to be in freefall
Southampton (a) - fighting for life
Chelsea (h) - fighting for 4th

Cardiff (a) - could be in a dogfight, could be already gone
Huddersfield (h) - already gone
Newcastle (a) - should be safe by then
Wolves (h) - mid table

edit - missed a game

I think it will come down to the Big Six games. Realistically I cannot see City dropping points to anyone bar Spurs/Utd while Liverpool could easily drop points at one of the other teams (Southampton looks difficult). Timing of Champions League/Europa league could have a big impact as well. Chelsea might put a lot of eggs in the Europa League basket as an easier route to CL qualification while Spurs will be in the CL mix when they come to Anfield.

Taylor

Year on Year Performance in PL

City 7 pts less
Liverpool 13 pts more
Spurs level
Arsenal 12 pts more
Utd 7 pts less
Chelsea 4 pts more

City coming back to the pack with Klopp continuing to improve

BennyCake

Done an accumulator for a few teams this weekend. I see a couple of those matches have been called off.

What happens now? Is my bet null and void? Or can I still win if the rest of the teams win?

thewobbler

Quote from: BennyCake on March 16, 2019, 01:18:54 PM
Done an accumulator for a few teams this weekend. I see a couple of those matches have been called off.

What happens now? Is my bet null and void? Or can I still win if the rest of the teams win?

If a straight acca then the teams are removed and your stake is on whatever games are left.

It a combined acca eg a patent, you will get a refund on the legs that couldn't take place.

BennyCake

Quote from: thewobbler on March 16, 2019, 01:34:27 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 16, 2019, 01:18:54 PM

If a straight acca then the teams are removed and your stake is on whatever games are left.

It a combined acca eg a patent, you will get a refund on the legs that couldn't take place.

Yeah it's a normal accumulator. Cheers.

Boycey

Fecking hate International week....

Breaking news on BBC website 'Will Grigg's is out of Euro Qualifiers' >:(

AZOffaly

Quote from: Boycey on March 20, 2019, 12:38:43 PM
Fecking hate International week....

Breaking news on BBC website 'Will Grigg's is out of Euro Qualifiers' >:(

What's wrong with him? 3rd degree burns?

Boycey

The BBC are currently running a poll on the best overseas player to play in the Premier League the thing that stands out of the piece is that there were 13 foreigners in that 1st year there are now over 300... 

Over the Bar

Quote from: Boycey on March 21, 2019, 04:10:54 PM
The BBC are currently running a poll on the best overseas player to play in the Premier League the thing that stands out of the piece is that there were 13 foreigners in that 1st year there are now over 300...

Phil Babb hands down.... ;D

dec

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 21, 2019, 04:34:54 PM
Quote from: Boycey on March 21, 2019, 04:10:54 PM

Phil Babb hands down.... ;D

"overseas"