The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: thejuice on March 26, 2019, 12:10:07 AM
I've been reading the political internet tealeaves again with a particular eye on my good friends further to the right of the political spectrum and I've once again feel compelled to write something here when I really do have more important things to be doing. But anyway...

If anyone could care to look back when I last bothered to post on us politics I did say Muller would turn up nothing. It doesn't actually matter. Trump has effectively dropped his agenda that got him elected. Yes the wall may be built potentially but it's been clear that the policies that are more important aren't going to change. Catch and release border control is being utilized, birth right citizenship won't be touched, immigration courts are clogged and Trump was cheerleading immigration like a standard Republican to help grow the economy. He's got a massive hard-on for Israel and is showing signs of going back on his original anti-interventionist stance. He's been boxed in by the party establishment and while he might still tweet a good game he's actually not doing anything he promised that someone like Jeb or Mitt Romney wouldn't have done. That's probably why the Muller report is going away if you allow me to wear my tinfoil hat for a minute. He gets to still play President for a bit more but he's dancing to the establishments tune.

So if you're a Democrat I wouldn't worry about this. A significant chunk of Trumps voting base who haven't got their head up his ass have finally given up on him and won't be voting for him or any republican in 2020. So long as the Democrats don't put forward someone utterly toxic they'll win easily. Bearing in mind that the demographic that voted for Trump is also dying of old age, opiate overdoses and suicide at unprecedented rates (a cruel statistic but none the less may prove significant given the fine margin that Trump won by).

Given the above I have a strong feeling that Trump won't be re-elected. In fact if the Democrats play it right like going with someone who has cross over appeal like Andrew Yang it may well be a landslide. But that said I have doubts Yang could get nominated.
Women hate him and he seems to be stuck om approval levels consistent with the size of the Evangelical vote
Plus he hasn't delivered economically for blue collar voters.
I think it's very like Brexit. A plutocrat scam
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

screenexile

Quote from: omochain on March 26, 2019, 04:45:53 AM
Quote from: Dolph1 on March 25, 2019, 12:41:15 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 25, 2019, 12:20:10 PM
[Debt is 60% more than in 2008 and the driver is the ratio of debt to GDP.

2008 - When Obama took over and made a balls of it. Place the blame where it should be.

Can you please lay out your case for placing the blame on Obama?

Strange one alright. . . Obama inherited a failing economy which needed spending to prop it up. Trump inherited the boom time and decides that rather than the US pay its dues it's party time for rich people to pay as little tax as possible.

But yeah Obama!

J70

2008 - When Obama took over and made a balls of it. Place the blame where it should be.

Seriously?

You're asking him a real question which needs an evidence-based answer?

dec

You must be new here.

Dolph1

The evidence is all there if you want to investigate it, which I'm sure you won't.

Every other president in American history, even the really bad ones, had at least one year when U.S. GDP grew by at least 3 percent.  But this did not happened under Obama even though he has had two terms in the White House.

Obama doubled the national debt from 10 to 20 trillion.

But let's pretend that the economic recovery under Trump is all thanks to that spoofer Obama if it makes the snowflakes feel better.
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

Dolph1

Quote from: J70 on March 26, 2019, 11:07:20 AM

Seriously?

You're asking him a real question which needs an evidence-based answer?

So if talking about evidence-based answers will you now admit the Russia collusion charge was a politically motivated hoax?

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on March 26, 2019, 02:32:23 AM
Quote from: Gmac on March 25, 2019, 09:52:26 PM
The bottom line for the Democrats and most television networks is to oust trump no matter how they do it , Rachel Maddow is crying on live tv that there was no collusion and some other clown is saying it's white privilege that got him and his family off the hook , they have been selling a lie for 2 years they should be ashamed of themselves

Were you ashamed of the GOP over the birther stuff, led by the now president and tacitly endorsed all the way to the Speaker at the time?

Were you ashamed by the likes of Jade Helm? Are you ashamed of the GOP's general embrace of ignorance, anti-intellectualism and bigotry?

Are you ashamed of Trump cosying up to men like Alex Jones? David Duke? The refusal to unequivocally condemn white nationalism and racism?

Are you ashamed of Trump palling around with murderous, dictatorial strongmen while basically telling longtime US allies to go f**k themselves?

Are you ashamed of Trump purposely and callously having crying babies torn from their mothers and tossed into the terror of the immigration detention system to try to intimidate other would be illegal immigrants?

Are you ashamed of Trump's stunningly cynical and appalling record on environmental issues?

Are you ashamed of his utter ignorance on a plethora of issues and his bald-faced lying on even more?

Are you ashamed of his unprecedentedly appalling personal conduct as president? As a human being?

I could go on, but you get the picture. Take your sanctimony elsewhere.
I was talking about the news networks who sold a fake story for 2 years even though they knew it was fake because they didn't want to accept the outcome of the election.
Ease up with the shame bs at least we know what trump is not like 90% of democrats who are well matched with the fake tv networks. Keep swallowing aocs bullshit u deserve each other

Dolph1

This is brilliant. We can all compare results later. Unfortunately Eamonnca1 isn't listed as an option. Boo!!

J70

Quote from: Gmac on March 26, 2019, 01:27:40 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 26, 2019, 02:32:23 AM
Quote from: Gmac on March 25, 2019, 09:52:26 PM
The bottom line for the Democrats and most television networks is to oust trump no matter how they do it , Rachel Maddow is crying on live tv that there was no collusion and some other clown is saying it's white privilege that got him and his family off the hook , they have been selling a lie for 2 years they should be ashamed of themselves

Were you ashamed of the GOP over the birther stuff, led by the now president and tacitly endorsed all the way to the Speaker at the time?

Were you ashamed by the likes of Jade Helm? Are you ashamed of the GOP's general embrace of ignorance, anti-intellectualism and bigotry?

Are you ashamed of Trump cosying up to men like Alex Jones? David Duke? The refusal to unequivocally condemn white nationalism and racism?

Are you ashamed of Trump palling around with murderous, dictatorial strongmen while basically telling longtime US allies to go f**k themselves?

Are you ashamed of Trump purposely and callously having crying babies torn from their mothers and tossed into the terror of the immigration detention system to try to intimidate other would be illegal immigrants?

Are you ashamed of Trump's stunningly cynical and appalling record on environmental issues?

Are you ashamed of his utter ignorance on a plethora of issues and his bald-faced lying on even more?

Are you ashamed of his unprecedentedly appalling personal conduct as president? As a human being?

I could go on, but you get the picture. Take your sanctimony elsewhere.
I was talking about the news networks who sold a fake story for 2 years even though they knew it was fake because they didn't want to accept the outcome of the election.
Ease up with the shame bs at least we know what trump is not like 90% of democrats who are well matched with the fake tv networks. Keep swallowing aocs bullshit u deserve each other

Nothing bs about I said. The GOP in general and Trump in particular are promoters extraordinaire of fake news and alternate facts and realities. It's one of the primary reasons I have little time for them, even if the Dems also suck on certain issues. And I've never advocated for AOC on here. If and when I do, feel free to use that against me. I'll happily debate it.

As for the media, legitimate questions were there to be asked about a demonstrably corrupt and unethical president. Just because Mueller (after all Trump's attempted tipping of the scale) didn't come up with anything concrete does not mean, after the fact, that the questions should not have been asked. I repeat again, HIS Justice Dept launched the investigation after Trump admitted on national tv that he fired Comey over Russia.

Were you so outraged when Fox and the right wing media went all in for five years on Benghazi and the ten congressional investigations into that? When Kevin McCarthy went on national tv and said they were investigating to try to hamstring Hilary's presidential run?

Gmac

The fake news can jump on the Jessie smullet case being dropped now how convinient

Dolph1

Quote from: Gmac on March 26, 2019, 05:52:02 PM
The fake news can jump on the Jessie smullet case being dropped now how convinient

They have evidence including testimony from the brothers and the video footage of them buying the hat/rope etc and showing them in the vicinity on the night of the "attack".

At a guess the Cook county state attorney Kim Foxx has something to do with getting this dropped as I believe she's friendly with Smollett and already tried to take the case away from the police

Will be interesting to hear why he's got off. He seemed guilty as hell.

sid waddell

Some amount of egg on the pasty faces of the white supremacists who to tried to lynch Smollett in the right-wing media!

Stand up Fox News and every other lying partisan right-wing media outlet, and the racist white supremacist Donald Trump!

It just goes to show that Republicans believe entirely in FAKE NEWS!

A complete and total exoneration for Smollett!

Now to track down and lock up the racist scum in the MAGA hats who perpetrated this hate crime on him!

Dolph1

Quote from: sid waddell on March 26, 2019, 06:41:16 PM
Some amount of egg on the pasty faces of the white supremacists who to tried to lynch Smollett in the right-wing media!

Stand up Fox News and every other lying partisan right-wing media outlet, and the racist white supremacist Donald Trump!

Now to track down and lock up the racist scum in the MAGA hats who perpetrated this hate crime on him!

Eamonnca1 (or Sid if you want to keep using the alias)
Do you think that Eddie Johnson, the Chicago police chief, is a right wing racist white supremacist after what he said about Smollett?

He believed that Smollett was guilty. Media outlets reported facts provided by law enforcement. Not made-up stories provided by some shady democrats and their supporters which led to a 2 year investigation.

We now need to know why this is not the case and what role the Cook County state attorney (good friend of Smollett) played in all this.

sid waddell

The forum's racist white supremacist in chief, Adolph, just keeps digging in!

What a complete humiliation for him!

Adolph's KKK hood will be soaked through tonight with all the froth coming out of his mouth!

joemamas

Quote from: sid waddell on March 26, 2019, 06:41:16 PM

Are you taking the piss, if you are not you are seriously mixed up