Dogs

Started by pearses, October 25, 2007, 05:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 24, 2018, 11:33:19 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 24, 2018, 07:28:26 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 24, 2018, 06:16:19 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on July 24, 2018, 04:28:43 PM
Joined the dog owner club and got myself and the wife a wee boxer pup. The whole show just loves him. Any training tips and advice would be appreciated.

Good for you! The most loveable things! Was surprised how quickly I was smitten! As said already do the training quickly.. short lead for walks, dog proofing the house is difficult so expect chewed up things till they get past their teething!

Best for me is the good solid walks, clears the head and they'll be less active in the house!
Dogs should be kept outside imo. Never understood the attraction of a house dog.

Temperatures were below zero a few times this year but you'd be happy to keep them outside? Sure next time it's cold you sleep outside!

Dogs are pets, I remember my old dog when I was young and my dad had the same idea, I've a different view now, being in the house is fine, unless you're one of those house proud people
There are these outdoor houses for dogs you may have heard of.

Farrandeelin

Or else keep them in the porch.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

The Gs Man

Insurance is a must JimStynes!!! 

Must get round and see him.
Keep 'er lit

JimStynes

Anyone got any insurance recommendations?

JimStynes

Sorry lads, biggest pictures in the world there! How do I make them smaller?

square_ball

That is a lovely looking pup you've got there. Not a fan of boxers to be honest but a mate of mine has one and he raves about them.

Milltown Row2

Lovely pup! There's a young boxer that walks along the toe path where I live and he's the friendliness boxer and gets on well with all the walkers and dogs!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Iceman

lovely markings good strong looking pup - read up on the history of the breed  -from what I was told they were born to run  - I had a fella I knew back in Armagh who had one and he would have his boxer follow him everywhere on the bike - I remember him saying about lifting your arm up above shoulder height or something always triggered some defensive response in his dog - but sure they're all different.
Get him trained early. K9 Ireland have a course where you give them the dog for 2-3 weeks and they send him back trained. Good deal in my opinion...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Jell 0 Biafra

If you have the time and a bit of patience, training them yourself is fun for both of you.

ONeill

Quote from: JimStynes on July 25, 2018, 02:43:54 PM
Sorry lads, biggest pictures in the world there! How do I make them smaller?

Hardy knows.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

I haven't a clue, but it is a nice looking pup.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

He has the body of a young pup but the face looks older, an old head on a young body, he's already munching through branches.

Hardy

Gabriel_Hurl

Lovely dog Jim

Lisa

enjoy the new pup. I have three boxers best breed about