John O'Loughlin

Started by blueandwhite1, May 30, 2022, 05:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueandwhite1

I see that John has announced his retirement.

I'm sure he won't be happy with how things have finished up with the Laois footballers. However, he has given incredible service to Laois minor and U21 hurlers and footballers and senior footballers for the best part of 20 years. Never gave anything less than 100% and was a key man for us for many years. Thanks and good luck John. His passion and drive will be missed by Laois and I'm sure he will continue to be an important player for Rosenallis for a few years yet.

Joeythelips

A great role model for youngsters, gave everything on the pitch for club and county and a real gentleman off it. Thanks for giving your all for the blue and white of Laois John.

Giovanni

I would add my appreciation to both JOL and Colm Begley, both of whom gave top quality performances for Laois over a very extended period. Both deserve great credit for their commitment to the county. Players of that quality are few and far between.

BallyroanAbu

Fair play to Begley and JOL best games I ever seen them play was the Stradbally V Portlaoise County Final (Begley)  & St Brigid's V Portlaoise ( O Loughlin)   

Spiritof86

Echo all the above comments . Two quality Laois footballers who gave huge commitment year after year  . A dying breed unfortunately.

Heshs Umpire

He won't be easily replaced. Brilliant attitude every time he played for Laois.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Butch Cassidy

2 great players who would have graced a Laois team of any era. I hope both are involved with Laois in some capacity down the line.

When John was minor, wasn't he involved with something ridiculous like 13 teams between football and hurling, county, club and colleges?

G@@

Watched him lord it in the air V Kilkenny hurling at U21 level a while back now - nobody lorded it in the air V the Cats in those days. An immense athlete and would have been the best at any sport he took up. Thanks for all of your service playing County JOL.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!