Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2022

Started by Ogie, January 31, 2022, 02:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: redsetanta on June 24, 2022, 10:32:11 AM
I see you have to have bought tickets online to be able to go to the game. I don't like the way they are going with ticket sales. There is no outlet for people who might decide to go on the day and pay at the gate.

Seems to be the way things are going.

I get it in the inter-county scene at Croke Park etc  trying to judge the attendence etc. plus not really having to deal with county boards to the final but for the club scene it should be also cash at the gate.

Times are changing.

Laois man

Agree 100% and maybe everybody don't know how to access tickets online.

clonadmad

I see you have to have bought tickets online to be able to go to the game. I don't like the way they are going with ticket sales. There is no outlet for people who might decide to go on the day and pay at the gate.

There should be 4/5 hand held credit card scanners at every ground when there's a game on

No one wants to be a volunteer and have the responsibility of handling cash anymore

Robbo

Quote from: clonadmad on June 24, 2022, 12:30:25 PM

There should be 4/5 hand held credit card scanners at every ground when there's a game on

No one wants to be a volunteer and have the responsibility of handling cash anymore

Great idea that.
Think County Board invested in a batch of ticket readers; card readers are cheaper now than ever before. Should be done straight away.

Think Camross will win the 1B Final. I think they'll give Abbeyleix a run for their money come championship.

Not as sure on tonight and won't make it in either. Have a feeling camross are going that bit better but rdowney have some serious players to bring in. Maybe camross to win this one but re to catch them later in the year.

Laois man

Senior hurling Cship starting tonight hard to see any upsets in the first round top 4 teams should all win.

Spiritof86

Did Ollie Baker walk or was he just not up to it with The Harps ?

burdizzo

The chat I heard is that he pulled out.

TheGiantSquid

Favourites for the drop who are we thinking, Castletown looked awful vs a strong Ballacolla

Helix.

Quote from: TheGiantSquid on July 16, 2022, 11:31:25 PM
Favourites for the drop who are we thinking, Castletown looked awful vs a strong Ballacolla

Ballinakill had their chances to win it so wouldn't have them as relegation favourites. A few dubious refereeing decisions at times. Borris Kilcotton were very poor. Castletown Rosenallis or Ballinakill if they get a few injuries. Castletown will surely get better over course of championship.

Laois man

Bkill were good. Borris with get a few back and will improve. Castletown were shocking at times but were down a good few first team players through injuries. Harps is the big game for them a win for either team will have them in a qfinal.

Ballybrittas Boy

Potential for 4 close games this weekend in the senior hurling. Hopefully some good quality hurling.

Laois man

Should be a few close games is right. My teams to win the weekend. Bkill. Ctown. Cbolla and Rdowney /Errill.

Spiritof86

Going go with BKill , Castletown and the Harps a draw , Camross and Rath/Errill .
Potentially 4 close games . Wet weekend in store by all accounts .

The PRO

Far from an expert but I'll go with R/E, C/B, Ballinakill and The Harps.

Tintin84

Rosenallis
Harps
Rathddowney Errill
Ballacolla