Leinster Minor Football Championship 2020

Started by SCFC, January 23, 2022, 04:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The PRO

Quote from: Joeythelips on March 19, 2022, 08:40:20 PM
Well done to players and management, nice to get off to a winning start.
Great to see no less than 4 of your own club Kilcavan lads on the panel too.

Joeythelips

Quote from: The PRO on March 20, 2022, 07:41:41 PM
Quote from: Joeythelips on March 19, 2022, 08:40:20 PM
Well done to players and management, nice to get off to a winning start.
Great to see no less than 4 of your own club Kilcavan lads on the panel too.

Fantastic to see, a super achievement for a small rural club like Kilcavan. They have put in great work over the past decade to develop underage structures and it's obviously paying off.

SCFC

Very good performance from minors tonight. I didn't make it to the Dublin game but tonight was impressive. Really like the centre back Kevin Byrne from Camross who is also on the hurling panel. And Darcy of Annanough who is very skilful. Costello and Little will probably grab the headlines but I thought our defence was top class.

Jd

Actually thought the defence was a bit exposed till half time then Loughman went back centre back  and byrne moved to midfield. He quietened  their no 8. I like the look of lyons at centre forward  hes fierce mobile and skilful. I think he kicked 4 points too. A good win

Robbo

I liked the balance of the team last night. Hard workers in the middle of the pitch and our scoring-threats inside.

Be great to get another win and make a semi-final.

SCFC

Quote from: Jd on April 20, 2022, 10:40:26 PM
Actually thought the defence was a bit exposed till half time then Loughman went back centre back  and byrne moved to midfield. He quietened  their no 8. I like the look of lyons at centre forward  hes fierce mobile and skilful. I think he kicked 4 points too. A good win
Yeah, I don't know why Loughman didn't start at centre back anyway. I wonder if the quarter final is an open draw or seeded i.e. if Westmeath get through could we face them again?

redsetanta

Laois take on Offaly tonight. Any kind of a win would be great.

Anyone have any info on injuries, team, how strong Offaly are?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Laoiseabu

Quote from: redsetanta on May 04, 2022, 12:27:30 PM

Offaly bet Meath by a point but they lost to Longford well and were hammered by Kildare so I'd say they are average enough . I'd imagine it will be a close enough game tonight and it could go either way . It appears to be between Dublin and Kildare for the Leinster judging by results .

Chrimtain

Quote from: Laoiseabu on May 04, 2022, 04:01:47 PM
Quote from: redsetanta on May 04, 2022, 12:27:30 PM

Offaly bet Meath by a point but they lost to Longford well and were hammered by Kildare so I'd say they are average enough . I'd imagine it will be a close enough game tonight and it could go either way . It appears to be between Dublin and Kildare for the Leinster judging by results .

Just when you think football in the county has hit rock bottom, results, like tonight's in Tullamore, shows we're not near rock bottom yet.

Spiritof86

It was evident after 3 mins how this match was going to go . It's been said before on numerous occasions but the physic of the Offaly lads compared  to the Laois lads ... even during warm before Laois looked small .

clonadmad

Their campaign got off to a bad start as they were beaten 3-12 to 0-5 by Kildare.

But Offaly got back on track with a one point win over Meath before losing by nine against Longford in Round 3.

That saw Offaly finish third in the group and they faced Carlow last week in a preliminary quarter final – romping to a 5-16 to 2-7 win.

That's from Laois Today

We got an absolute trimming from the team that finished third in their group

High Fielder

Another awful hammering. Is there no end to it? Across all levels and codes it seems. You have to wonder how and why we're getting it so badly wrong. You have to wonder why there is no plan in place to address this. Just a report at the end of every year to say what we already know. O'Moore Park is nearly as much use to other counties as it is to us, because we don't have a team capable of half filling it. It's embarrassing and it's been going on a long time. I'll reiterate that I have no faith in our County Board and I'd be delighted if they all resigned. Things really can't get much worse for us.

clonadmad

Quote from: High Fielder on May 05, 2022, 08:19:59 AM
Another awful hammering. Is there no end to it? Across all levels and codes it seems. You have to wonder how and why we're getting it so badly wrong. You have to wonder why there is no plan in place to address this. Just a report at the end of every year to say what we already know. O'Moore Park is nearly as much use to other counties as it is to us, because we don't have a team capable of half filling it. It's embarrassing and it's been going on a long time. I'll reiterate that I have no faith in our County Board and I'd be delighted if they all resigned. Things really can't get much worse for us.

So if they all resign who takes their places?

I'd be very interested to hear of the credible candidates that would take their places and why they would be an improvement on what's currently there

The new CB chairman is in situ 5 months as is the Juvenile CB chairman and the football chair

Should they get the road too?

High Fielder

All of them. The process is tainted and isn't working for us. It's political to its very core and discourages good people from getting involved. I'm not saying they're not good people because I'm sure they are. But they've clearly run out of ideas and when that happens your time should be up. New appointments to the Laois CB are only ever a continuation of what preceded them. Like minded people who do the same things but have a different name. It's clear we need a change and getting rid of Billy or Cheddar won't be enough. Just my opinion. No doubt many will disagree and fair enough. But I've made up my mind