Leinster Minor Football Championship 2020

Started by SCFC, January 23, 2022, 04:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

We're in a group with Dublin, Louth and Westmeath. Management team is Conor Gorman, Paddy Dunne and Eamonn O'Connell. Donie Brennan not involved as rumoured before Christmas.
Played Carlow this weekend. Didn't hear how it went.

Jd

Paddy dunne not involved I heard Billy Delaney from Stradbally in instead. Beat Carlow by 5 or 6 points. Seem to have a few nice players in there.

SCFC

Quote from: Jd on January 23, 2022, 07:06:33 PM
Paddy dunne not involved I heard Billy Delaney from Stradbally in instead.
My bad. I'd heard Paddy was involved. Billy has great experience with various teams.

Laois man

Mountrath Cs playing Wexford CBS today in Carlow in Senior hurling Sfinal by all accounts wexford are very strong. Best of luck to Mrath.

The PRO

Minor footballers were playing Armagh today in Abbotstown. Beaten by a point I heard.

Jd

Minors played limerick in limerick and came away with a win by a point

Unlaoised

LAOIS ABÚ

SCFC

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on February 14, 2022, 08:50:20 PM
Any word on a team/panel?
I'm of an age where I refer to them by their fathers. Sons of Hughie Emerson and Mick Tarpey midfield! Couple of Courtwood Emo lads very good in the forwards. Dineen of Joseph's full back is a serious footballer. Underage again next year. Loughman of Ballylinan centre back. Kelly of Joseph's centre forward (son of county board chairman PJ). Gordon Lawlor has two sons on panel. Couple of Graigue lads decent players.

Jd

Young Costello is a really good prospect superb player and a really brave chap. Dineen from Josephs is gonna be brilliant in my opinion too. I think they may be missing a few who didn't commit too and Kevin Byrne from Camross is injured but I think i saw him back running last night.

The PRO

Minors played Tipp last Saturday in COE. Game destroyed by wind. Tipp won but not sure by how much. Could've been around 6 or 7 points. Laois team looked a bit experimental compared to previous weeks. Hard to read this team as yet. Every game they've played seems to have been in difficult weather!

SCFC

Just about to head to minors championship opener. Good luck to Conor and all involved.

Spiritof86

Quote from: SCFC on March 19, 2022, 11:24:28 AM
Just about to head to minors championship opener. Good luck to Conor and all involved.

Looked like a great win SCFC ! Fantastic start for the Minors .

SCFC

A good result but a quite patchy performance. Failed to score in second half until 2 late goals. That said Westmeath only got 2 points against the very stiff wind. Difficult day for football but both teams made a lot of mistakes.
Not too many standout performances for Laois. Full forward Little was probably MOTM, 2-1 from play and set up third goal. Costello at centre forward has a lot of skill but Westmeath were well warned about him and he was fouled a lot. Kicked a couple of very difficult frees. Joseph's lad at 12 was good too. Midfielders Emerson and Tarpey worked hard but one of the opposite midfielders got the better of them. Corner back Darcy seemed to have a bit about him. Full back Dinneen was pretty solid.

Joeythelips

Well done to players and management, nice to get off to a winning start.