Senior Hurlers 2022

Started by mcwregor, December 16, 2021, 10:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois man

Tommy Dunne former tipp selector for laois job?

Spiritof86

Decent coach and he would probably bring Paul Curran along too. . Still think we need a Laois man heavily man but is there a suitable candidate interested .

clonadmad

Quote from: Laois man on July 15, 2022, 03:30:23 PM
Tommy Dunne former tipp selector for laois job?

All Ireland Winning Captain and Coach

We could do a lot worse than have him on board here

From talking to Tipp colleagues,,once he gave notice to quit 2 weeks ago the game was up for Bonnar as he was the one keeping the show on the road.

Laois man

Ye a laois man would be great if we could get one and somebody who would take no shit from the top table.

Laois man

Tommy Dunne with a few laois men around him would be the job.

Keyser Söze

You'd have to ask yourself why would he do it?
I'd be shocked (but delighted) if we got Tommy Dunne.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

marty34

Quote from: Keyser Söze on July 15, 2022, 05:59:12 PM
You'd have to ask yourself why would he do it?
I'd be shocked (but delighted) if we got Tommy Dunne.

Good opportunity for him.

Not going to get the Tipp gig, so good chance to work with Laois.

Any sort of positive year will hwlp his CV, especially if he's the manager.

redsetanta

Anything concrete on the new senior manager?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Spiritof86

Apologies redsetanta . Yes I've heard Bugler has it . Fergal Lynch involved too along with a couple of Laois lads .

mcwregor

Cant believe they are giving the job to bugler. Birr can't wait to get rid of him. Hasn't worked out with them at all.

marty34

Was Bugler in with Wexford as a selector?

Robbo

Have herard were nowhere close to appointing abyone. bugler is very interested but we are still contacting different people.

mcwregor

Good to hear. Buglers tactics are more defensive than anything i have seen before, very hard to watch.
The whole process seems very slow compared with other counties that have changed manager but its worth delaying to get the best possible man for the job

georgedoylesrightleg

Quote from: mcwregor on August 05, 2022, 11:42:21 AM
Good to hear. Buglers tactics are more defensive than anything i have seen before, very hard to watch.
The whole process seems very slow compared with other counties that have changed manager but its worth delaying to get the best possible man for the job
spose its hard to get through all the fellas bateing our door down

mcwregor

Quote from: georgedoylesrightleg on August 05, 2022, 01:08:20 PM
Quote from: mcwregor on August 05, 2022, 11:42:21 AM
spose its hard to get through all the fellas bateing our door down
[/Sheedy and O Shea going to take the offaly job. Was it so ludicrous of me suggesting them for the laois job now? I was laughed at by most on here for suggesting the same a few weeks ago.  I did question our ambition in who we could go for, nothing wrong with Offalys ambition. Please spare me of any comments on Shane Lowrys bank account in relation to Sheedy's pending appointment. I read enough rubbish on social media.]