The Future for Laois Football

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, July 05, 2021, 12:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiritof86

Absolutely see no problem with that . They provide a stellar comprehensive service and for 7€ a month  it's extremely reasonable.

Laois man

Agree good coverage of our local games.

High Fielder

Is that you Stephen and Alan?  ;)

Spiritof86

georgedoylesrightleg

Quote from: Laois man on July 13, 2022, 12:15:49 AM
I see we have to pay laois today now to follow our sports.
You can folly your sport without them. If 7euro a month stops you follying sport you prob weren't follying it much anyway

clonadmad

Quote from: georgedoylesrightleg on July 13, 2022, 03:03:38 PM
Quote from: Laois man on July 13, 2022, 12:15:49 AM
I see we have to pay laois today now to follow our sports.
You can folly your sport without them. If 7euro a month stops you follying sport you prob weren't follying it much anyway

It would show a lack of sense not to

Blow-in

It's a pity Laois GAA Social Media channels are non existent

Downtheroad

Quote from: Batman!!! on July 16, 2022, 04:26:41 PM
It's a pity Laois GAA Social Media channels are non existent
Laoistoday provides a great service and if we want Laois GAA to be covered properly,it has to be a premium service.The advertising model doesn't work particularly in a small county like laois. It's a service that can't be provided for free in the long term. I have signed up for a number of Subscription media and I will derive greater value out of Laoistoday than any of the others. 

Ballybrittas Boy

Hope I'm wrong but I can't envisage a huge take up in subscribers. A lot of people would be casual enough readers of match reports, interviews etc. The biggest problem I'd foresee would be that "hurling people" wouldn't be hugely interested in much to with football and vice versa.
As someone else said, the county board website and social media accounts are very badly run. We deserve a bit better than that.

georgedoylesrightleg

Times are tough if a fella cant spare 7euro a month.

portlaoisekid

Quote from: georgedoylesrightleg on July 19, 2022, 08:51:59 AM
Times are tough if a fella cant spare 7euro a month.
Its not a charitable donation,people have to see value in it.

I hope they get tonnes of subscribers and they do well but I think there are a large cohort of casual readers who dont see the value in it and can live without Laois Today in their lives.

This casual readership will naturally hit up the Leinster or Nationalist online for whatever they want sport wise, even though their offerings online are a poor effort.

High Fielder

Agree with PK here. I genuinely feel the big payday for the lads would be to franchise what they have in other counties. There's no doubt they have a good thing going. Unfortunately, there's not enough going on in Laois for me to pay for the service. I honestly couldn't care less about anything other than results and throw in times of games. They'd go mad for it I'd imagine in many counties that are just more successful than ours. But good luck to them all the same

Mad Mentor

Even though I have no interest in the club football season - and not much in the county football either tbh - I have happily signed up as I think the content is worth it. I have always had Laois Today as my go to source and I wouldn't begrudge €7 a month. Whether people will pay for it during the off season will be interesting.

Spiritof86

I suppose it'll be up to Laois Today in the off season to promote there coverage with an alternative angle to maintain subscriptions. They had Arien Delaney recently to preview  the hurling championship and it added a different perspective. Surprised they didn't bring in anyone in to preview the Football championship.

SCFC

I've subscribed. Wooly's podcast is the only other sports content I pay for.
Bit pricey when you think that the Irish Indo is €4 a month, Irish Examiner is €5 a month. Can see why a more casual sports follower wouldn't cough up.