Fianna Fail accepted as NI party

Started by ziggysego, December 07, 2007, 11:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

QuoteFianna Fail has registered as a political party in Northern Ireland, Taoiseach Bertie Ahern has revealed.

Mr Ahern said his party's NI registration was confirmed

Mr Ahern said NI's Electoral Commission had confirmed that the party was now officially registered there.

Speaking at a party dinner in Dublin, he said his party was consulting its grassroots on the possibility of organising in Northern Ireland.

He said it was a historic step in the development of the party on an all-Ireland basis.

Two newly-formed Northern Ireland branches of Fianna Fail, at Queen's University, Belfast and the University of Ulster, were also welcomed into the the party by Mr Ahern.

Sourced BBCi: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7133848.stm
Testing Accessibility

TacadoirArdMhacha

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'll believe it when I see it.

Although I have to say, I really hope we see FF making a real effort up here. The people of the north deserve no less
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

gerry

QuoteThe people of the north deserve no less

What lies and back handers?

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Chrisowc

Fianna Fail - middle class Unionism's direct line into the global economy 8)
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Zapatista

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 07, 2007, 11:41:03 PM

Although I have to say, I really hope we see FF making a real effort up here. The people of the north deserve no less

What did the people of the north do to deserve that?

I too will believe it when I see it.

Besides when FF are kicked out of Government and the tribunals are finished (hear me out) the rebuilding and the winning of trust FF will need to do in the South will take all their resources and the march North will have to wait, while the North is stableising all the time.