30 (19.1%)
No - Typical Nordies causing mischief as usual
21 (13.4%)
Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

Armagh18

Ball in GAA's court now. Meeting tomorrow night?

whitey

Quote from: fearbrags on January 24, 2023, 11:21:52 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 24, 2023, 11:12:12 PM
Quote from: fearbrags on January 24, 2023, 11:05:35 PM
In Fairness  if it was a Tyrone team in place of Dubs,  we would already have decided that they did it on purpose and  a replay would already be ordered a or the game would be awarded to the opposition ;)
But they definitely would have done it on purpose!
It would have made the decision easier I guess, ;) but the Dubs are no angels  , One all Ireland finished the Dubs one point ahead Mayo , Mayo Goalkeeper trying to kick the ball out and four sets of players grappling on the ground , No remarks past   ""they were all at it ""  8)

I believe the keepers tee was also thrown into the Hill and the spare ball behind the goal was booted away for good measure

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-20470478.html

Comment at the time was that the ref could have issued 4 Black Cards to the Dubs, but of course he bottled it

(That might have been another game though)

screenexile

Fun and games now... will the GAA grant a replay? Will KC play it? If so where and when? Will Glen actually play it or are they making a point of principle??

fearbrags

In the All hurling club Semi final  of 82/83  a game I actually attended
Following St. Rynagh's' defeat of Kiltormer in the All-Ireland semi-final, it was revealed that a St. Rynagh's player, Declan Fogarty, remained on the field for seven minutes after being sent off. The match was then awarded to Kiltormer, however, St. Rynagh's countered that Kiltormer had fielded an unregistered player. Kiltormer subsequently withdrew their complaint.

Never beat the deeler

In Fairness  if it was a Tyrone team in place of Dubs,  we would already have decided that they did it on purpose and  a replay would already be ordered a or the game would be awarded to the opposition ;)

I can't believe it's taken over a hundred replies for Tyrone to be hard done by out of this!!
Hasta la victoria siempre

J70

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on January 25, 2023, 12:49:21 AM

I can't believe it's taken over a hundred replies for Tyrone to be hard done by out of this!!

;D

J70

Good for Glen.

Disgrace that they had to take the initiative to force action however.

LaurelEye

I remember a crucial match back in 2018 where we had just gone two points ahead due to a penalty and were into stoppage time. Two players, one from each side, got into an altercation and were both shown second yellows but our player was not shown a red by the referee.

We made bloody sure he came off immediately, red card or no. We weren't going to give our opponents cause for an appeal.

If only I could remember who those opponents were...
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on January 25, 2023, 12:11:53 AM
Fun and games now... will the GAA grant a replay? Will KC play it? If so where and when? Will Glen actually play it or are they making a point of principle??
KC have 3 days to counter.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eamonnca1

Quote from: J70 on January 25, 2023, 01:54:23 AM
Good for Glen.

Disgrace that they had to take the initiative to force action however.

Rules is rules. Club has to object. Could be a good time to revisit that rule and get something on the agenda for the next Congress to allow the CCC to order a replay without having to wait for the club to put something in.

lenny

Given the nature/severity of the transgression the fairest outcome is a fine for crokes and I'd say many in the Glen camp would be content with that. I also am quite sure that crokes or any other club beaten in those circumstances would have accepted the result in the manner that malachy o'rourke said glen would. I'm saying all this as someone who was fully backing Glen throughout their Ulster and All Ireland campaigns. I don't think Glen would win a replay but even if they did they'd never get any kind of credit for it.

smort

Quote from: lenny on January 25, 2023, 06:42:04 AM

Given the nature/severity of the transgression the fairest outcome is a fine for crokes and I'd say many in the Glen camp would be content with that. I also am quite sure that crokes or any other club beaten in those circumstances would have accepted the result in the manner that malachy o'rourke said glen would. I'm saying all this as someone who was fully backing Glen throughout their Ulster and All Ireland campaigns. I don't think Glen would win a replay but even if they did they'd never get any kind of credit for it.

lol

seafoid

KC will probably use the inflation defence.
17 players in 2022 are only worth 15 now, even in Lidl.

seafoid

The reason why Robbie Brennan had a picture of Kilcoo's last minute goal on his screensaver was because that goal last year not only lost them the match.
It also scared the bejaysus out of KC.
Mullin's position on the goal line inside the goal must have been deliberate. They were paranoid about another goal right at the death. And there were only 2 points in it.
They could match up with all the players outfield and still have an extra man on the line.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on January 25, 2023, 07:16:11 AM
The reason why Robbie Brennan had a picture of Kilcoo's last minute goal on his screensaver was because that goal last year not only lost them the match.
It also scared the bejaysus out of KC.
Mullin's position on the goal line inside the goal must have been deliberate. They were paranoid about another goal right at the death. And there were only 2 points in it.
They could match up with all the players outfield and still have an extra man on the line.

You are mad in the head with those theories.

Within the rules KC have the right to appeal any decision, should be interesting to read that account
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea