China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grounded

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 01, 2023, 10:02:21 PM
Quote from: grounded on February 01, 2023, 09:51:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 01, 2023, 08:13:09 PM
Not taking the flu jab won't make me an anti vaxer will it?

If you have high blood pressure will you take a tablet?

In answer to your first question, i'd guess that depends on the reasons you won't take it and more importantly who you ask. I actually hate the term.
        I assume it came into the modern lexicon after the Andrew Wakefield controversy and the untold damage he caused. In the context of Covid 19,  it was used to denigrate not just those people who are genuine anti-vaccination of any type,  but also anybody who believed in tried and tested vaccination programmes( I include myself in that)but had grave misgivings about the C19 Vaccines specifically. 

In answer to your second question, most definitely if prescribed by my doctor.

So how long into the trials and development of the covid vaccine will you have confidence in it? Not that you'll take by the looks of it. Have you confidence in any vaccine?

At least you'll take advice from a doctor and not a witch doctor like Seamus

We had this same conversation many pages back   ;D  but to answer

I'd guess like most medications when the trials are complete!
I have already had the first 2.
As i said previously, i have no problem with any of vaccination programmes that we have here in Ireland and the UK(apart from covid 19). They've saved countless lives and prevented untold misery here.

Do you feel people were scared into or pressurised or dare i say coerced into getting the C19 vaccines ? And if so do you think that was worth it, for the greater good?

Lastly, do you agree with the push for u12's to get vaccinated given what we knew in terms of transmission, natural immunity and mortality rates in this group.

Seamus

Quote from: trailer on February 01, 2023, 12:55:01 PM
Quote from: Seamus on February 01, 2023, 12:45:52 PM
The same old nonsense lazy Conspiracy Theorist labeling yet again when the people doing the labeling are the Real Conspiracy Theorists. Then Facebook was mentioned, censors of the truth and part of pushing the narrative. Same posters for years parroting mainstream news, unable and fearful of thinking for themselves. This is why the world is in the mess that it is with the majority of people of the same deluded mindset.

Chemicals V Nutrition for the human body, it's an easy choice when it comes to healthcare. The Father of Modern Propaganda, Edward Bernays' legacy is alive and well and no greater evidence can be seen than on this board with close to 99% trapped endlessly from beyond the grave by his evil manipulating mind. The day will come when the parrots will whistle a different tune if they get lucky and live long enough.

You don't understand what chemicals are.

Who was the Anti Vax, Anti Covid person here on the board who then caught it and nearly died?

Have you ever heard of chemotheraphy?
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Seamus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 01, 2023, 01:19:00 PM
Quote from: Seamus on February 01, 2023, 01:15:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 01, 2023, 01:00:45 PM
The same old nonsense lazy Conspiracy Theorist labeling yet again when the people doing the labeling are the Real Conspiracy Theorists. Then Facebook was mentioned, censors of the truth and part of pushing the narrative. Same posters for years parroting mainstream news, unable and fearful of thinking for themselves. This is why the world is in the mess that it is with the majority of people of the same deluded mindset.

Chemicals V Nutrition for the human body, it's an easy choice when it comes to healthcare. The Father of Modern Propaganda, Edward Bernays' legacy is alive and well and no greater evidence can be seen than on this board with close to 99% trapped endlessly from beyond the grave by his evil manipulating mind. The day will come when the parrots will whistle a different tune if they get lucky and live long enough.

Seamus what's your health like? The odd pint or two? smoke? Eat fresh food, no extra additives in your food, what about the sugars?

These are the things that will kill you earlier than what you are looking for if you over indulge... In the very few I see healthy (body wise) over 80's there will no doubt be the cognitive decline, enjoy this period because you can avoid all sorts of 'big pharma' stuff all you like, but when the your shit starts coming out when you don't want it to then it'll be these evil medical big pharma people who'll sort that out ;)
[/quote

Milltown, running late for work, only read your first line and will answer. Yes, the odd few beers, very rare now, really gone from the pub scene, no top shelf ever. Never smoked. Eat all fresh organic food, even say that it has to be near impossible to avoid preservatives in this day and age. Exercise regularly, take  only the highest rated supplements. In absolute perfect health. Never got COVID and seemingly never will. Not been sick as for as far back as I remember. Will not go near a regular MD.  Alternative all the way. Helping others achieve optimal health, my life's mission. No vaccines since I was a child and never ever will again, even under gun point.

Why are you taking supplements? If you are healthy and eating well?

How much do you know about supplements, very little it seems? So eating well, taking supplements, exercising and avoiding medical drugs is a form of witch craft? The Rockefellers would be proud of you.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Seamus

Quote from: J70 on February 01, 2023, 01:30:19 PM
Quote from: Seamus on February 01, 2023, 01:02:04 PM
"And these are all the same people who for years have dismissed real concerns about the likes of second hand smoking or asbestos or air and water pollution etc. The same people who support the Republican Party who back big corporations at every turn and try to screw the little people by abolishing health and safety and consumer protecting regulations as well as inflicting arbitration and barring class action lawsuits to resolve conflicts. Yet now they want us to listen to them? f**k them".

You are so naive, into labeling yet again. Do you back Big Pharma? Is there any bigger and more profitable Corporations in existence outside the likes of Blackwater, another corp you probably support. Do you support the unelected WEF? Klaus Schwab I bet is one of your heroes along with Gates and Fauci and of course Sleepy Joe. The you try and preach your mindless rhetoric from your little pulpit. You are sound reasonable and solid enough when it comes to the GAA, please keep away from world affairs as it further corrupts the already corrupted.

No, I don't "back" Big Pharma, or Big Oil, or Big Tech or any of these huge corporations and conglomerates. For better or worse, they're part of and shapers of the capitalist, globalized world we live in and that isn't going to change. I'm all in favour of reducing corporate influence on politics where most politicians of whatever leaning are bought and paid for by special interests, but Citizens United and the hostility of the Republican Party and their Supreme Court to sensible political funding has ended any prospect of that, at least in the US. I'm all in favour of strict regulations that impose standards on food, drugs, water, emissions, worker and consumer safety, pollution, conservation etc. etc and hold corporations accountable to the people. Are you?

I'm fortunate enough that myself and my wife are able to pay little extra to support local, small businesses, both here in NYC and when upstate or out of state. Unfortunately, not everyone has that luxury. And unless you forgo having a car, a computer, tv, phone etc. etc., you're just as much as supporter of globalization and big corporations as the rest of us.

You believe in Big Pharma and purchase their products and you do not have to, I don't. Why do you support the Democratic Party? You are against so many things that they stand for. Were you asleep while the FTX scandal was happening?. Sorry, it must be a conspiracy theory, FTX never funded the Democratic Party and at least one Republican member and it wasn't a physop to usher in CBDCs. All members of Congress and the Senate are multi-millionaires including members of the Democratic Party but no, the Democratic members are not capitalists. I have told you before that we have one party in the disguise of two. Both lie through their teeth and answer to the same beat of the drum.

We have a different meaning for Globalization also. I support independent sovereign nations with their cultures intact. I do not support open borders, what is happening in Ireland is a disgrace, bought politicians the lot of them. Do you support the WEF? Own Nothing and Be Happy?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: grounded on February 01, 2023, 11:01:27 PM

In answer to your first question, i'd guess that depends on the reasons you won't take it and more importantly who you ask. I actually hate the term.
        I assume it came into the modern lexicon after the Andrew Wakefield controversy and the untold damage he caused. In the context of Covid 19,  it was used to denigrate not just those people who are genuine anti-vaccination of any type,  but also anybody who believed in tried and tested vaccination programmes( I include myself in that)but had grave misgivings about the C19 Vaccines specifically. 

So how long into the trials and development of the covid vaccine will you have confidence in it? Not that you'll take by the looks of it. Have you confidence in any vaccine?

As i said previously, i have no problem with any of vaccination programmes that we have here in Ireland and the UK(apart from covid 19). They've saved countless lives and prevented untold misery here.

Do you feel people were scared into or pressurised or dare i say coerced into getting the C19 vaccines ? And if so do you think that was worth it, for the greater good?

Lastly, do you agree with the push for u12's to get vaccinated given what we knew in terms of transmission, natural immunity and mortality rates in this group.

We have been giving kids vaccines for many years, trials yes have been done for many years before that but they have proven to save many lives and prevent illness going forward, if the medical experts (not Seamus) believe that they will help to prevent such things I'll go with them before listening to Seamus (the new Karen)

As for the Vaccine on Covid, well as we know its a new (2 years) type vaccine and evolving, the dangers for this particular virus were to the old and sick and if my child had an illness which if they had caught covid would have had bigger problems then yes, they would have taken it. there was a push but it wasn't a mandatory push as the numbers didn't show the same dangers it did for the older ones.

We lined up to get the polio vaccine as kids at the time and I wonder was there the same amount of scaremongering going on then? Did parents feel that this was madness like some do now of vaccine, I remember it being a big deal at the time as a kid, I never felt pressured into doing anything, I did it because I'd a father ill with cancer and I was doing his appointments, I was adhering to the advice and I watched the tv with those people clutching for life as they struggled to breathe and die. So it was a no brainer for me
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lenny

Quote from: Seamus on February 01, 2023, 01:15:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 01, 2023, 01:00:45 PM

Seamus what's your health like? The odd pint or two? smoke? Eat fresh food, no extra additives in your food, what about the sugars?

These are the things that will kill you earlier than what you are looking for if you over indulge... In the very few I see healthy (body wise) over 80's there will no doubt be the cognitive decline, enjoy this period because you can avoid all sorts of 'big pharma' stuff all you like, but when the your shit starts coming out when you don't want it to then it'll be these evil medical big pharma people who'll sort that out ;)
[/quote

Milltown, running late for work, only read your first line and will answer. Yes, the odd few beers, very rare now, really gone from the pub scene, no top shelf ever. Never smoked. Eat all fresh organic food, even say that it has to be near impossible to avoid preservatives in this day and age. Exercise regularly, take  only the highest rated supplements. In absolute perfect health. Never got COVID and seemingly never will. Not been sick as for as far back as I remember. Will not go near a regular MD.  Alternative all the way. Helping others achieve optimal health, my life's mission. No vaccines since I was a child and never ever will again, even under gun point.

Lol, so big paharma - bad but big supplement - good. Another sucker who hasn't a clue. Those supplements are the biggest racket out there.

theskull1

Posting this for anyone who's interested and doesn't consider youtuber DR John Campbell as a complete spoofer. Those people shouldn't waste their time watching. I've have linked to the scientific paper (from Italy) he's discussing at the bottom.

Dr John Campbell - Vitamin D, now conclusive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5sc7G4s4CY&t=29s

Protective Effect of Vitamin D Supplementation on COVID-19-Related Intensive Care Hospitalization and Mortality: Definitive Evidence from Meta-Analysis and Trial Sequential Analysis
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9864223/

Reduced risk of death 51%
Decreased risk of ICU admission 72%

Take your vitamin D people (along with K2 btw)

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

trailer

Honest question Seamus, if you got ill would you take medicine prescribed by a doctor? What about if you were unconscious and unable to give consent, have you instructed family not to allow Doctors to intervene? Genuinely interested in where you draw lines medically.

grounded

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2023, 08:56:31 AM
Quote from: grounded on February 01, 2023, 11:01:27 PM

We have been giving kids vaccines for many years, trials yes have been done for many years before that but they have proven to save many lives and prevent illness going forward, if the medical experts (not Seamus) believe that they will help to prevent such things I'll go with them before listening to Seamus (the new Karen)

As for the Vaccine on Covid, well as we know its a new (2 years) type vaccine and evolving, the dangers for this particular virus were to the old and sick and if my child had an illness which if they had caught covid would have had bigger problems then yes, they would have taken it. there was a push but it wasn't a mandatory push as the numbers didn't show the same dangers it did for the older ones.

We lined up to get the polio vaccine as kids at the time and I wonder was there the same amount of scaremongering going on then? Did parents feel that this was madness like some do now of vaccine, I remember it being a big deal at the time as a kid, I never felt pressured into doing anything, I did it because I'd a father ill with cancer and I was doing his appointments, I was adhering to the advice and I watched the tv with those people clutching for life as they struggled to breathe and die. So it was a no brainer for me

There is a vast spectrum of opinion on here(like life) ranging from anti all vaccines through to c19 vaccine zealots.
            I actually don't think there is a very much at all between our two positions( none at all in fact if we are talking about longstanding vaccination programmes).
     I appreciate you weren't in favour of mandates but I do think some people were most definitely pressurised into taking the vaccine. I mean come on, there were work mandates in nursing homes and healthcare settings in UK and Ireland. Not forgetting entire population mandates in some countries. We were bombarded on the airwaves night and day with adverts asking us to protect the vulnerable by getting the vaccines. Not to mention the covid passport. There was an unprecedented campaign designed to ridicule any dissent or questionnimg from academics or medics as regards the vaccine rollout. Most were was swiftly swatted aside and they were labelled antiscience/antivaxxers or rogue operator( btw some were).
    Nigh on 50% on this board favoured an Austrian type c19 vaccine mandate in Ireland. Even now after all the evidence and studies in relation to transmission, natural immunity and vaccine effectiveness  i'd say the same number would vote for mandates on a retrospective vote.
    The argument that we've been using vaccines for decades doesnt wash either. Its akin to saying we have been using heart medications for years when a new class of cardiac drug is developed.
    There are very good reasons for the long development times and approvals of new medications as past events  have shown. For me the trials were not fully completed before these mrna medications/vaccines were released onto the market. Thats an argument that we could go back and forth on for ever. You say trust the scientists and physicians and i'll shout the same right back at you.

armaghniac

These vaccines were tested, but no time was wasted in doing so. Normally, there is considerable faffing around with trials and approvals and this did not happen again. You can't have a situation where millions are allowed die of a new virus because of unnecessary delay.
As for mandates, there are critical mass effects with vaccines, your behaviour affects other people. This is no different from driving or emitting carbon etc, what you do is not only a matter for you.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trueblue1234

There are reasons why the vaccine moved so quickly. It doesn't mean anything underhand happened. (Cut and pasted).

The COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna were created with a method that has been in development for years, so the companies could start the vaccine development process early in the pandemic.

China isolated and shared genetic information about COVID-19 promptly, so scientists could start working on vaccines.
The vaccine developers didn't skip any testing steps, but conducted some of the steps on an overlapping schedule to gather data faster.

Vaccine projects had plenty of resources, as governments invested in research and/or paid for vaccines in advance.

Some types of COVID-19 vaccines were created using messenger RNA (mRNA), which allows a faster approach than the traditional way that vaccines are made.

Social media helped companies find and engage study volunteers, and many were willing to help with COVID-19 vaccine research.

Because COVID-19 is so contagious and widespread, it did not take long to see if the vaccine worked for the study volunteers who were vaccinated.

Companies began making vaccines early in the process — even before FDA authorization — so some supplies were ready when authorization occurred.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccines-myth-versus-fact
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

J70

Quote from: Seamus on February 02, 2023, 02:28:33 AM
"And these are all the same people who for years have dismissed real concerns about the likes of second hand smoking or asbestos or air and water pollution etc. The same people who support the Republican Party who back big corporations at every turn and try to screw the little people by abolishing health and safety and consumer protecting regulations as well as inflicting arbitration and barring class action lawsuits to resolve conflicts. Yet now they want us to listen to them? f**k them".

You are so naive, into labeling yet again. Do you back Big Pharma? Is there any bigger and more profitable Corporations in existence outside the likes of Blackwater, another corp you probably support. Do you support the unelected WEF? Klaus Schwab I bet is one of your heroes along with Gates and Fauci and of course Sleepy Joe. The you try and preach your mindless rhetoric from your little pulpit. You are sound reasonable and solid enough when it comes to the GAA, please keep away from world affairs as it further corrupts the already corrupted.

No, I don't "back" Big Pharma, or Big Oil, or Big Tech or any of these huge corporations and conglomerates. For better or worse, they're part of and shapers of the capitalist, globalized world we live in and that isn't going to change. I'm all in favour of reducing corporate influence on politics where most politicians of whatever leaning are bought and paid for by special interests, but Citizens United and the hostility of the Republican Party and their Supreme Court to sensible political funding has ended any prospect of that, at least in the US. I'm all in favour of strict regulations that impose standards on food, drugs, water, emissions, worker and consumer safety, pollution, conservation etc. etc and hold corporations accountable to the people. Are you?

I'm fortunate enough that myself and my wife are able to pay little extra to support local, small businesses, both here in NYC and when upstate or out of state. Unfortunately, not everyone has that luxury. And unless you forgo having a car, a computer, tv, phone etc. etc., you're just as much as supporter of globalization and big corporations as the rest of us.

You believe in Big Pharma and purchase their products and you do not have to, I don't. Why do you support the Democratic Party? You are against so many things that they stand for. Were you asleep while the FTX scandal was happening?. Sorry, it must be a conspiracy theory, FTX never funded the Democratic Party and at least one Republican member and it wasn't a physop to usher in CBDCs. All members of Congress and the Senate are multi-millionaires including members of the Democratic Party but no, the Democratic members are not capitalists. I have told you before that we have one party in the disguise of two. Both lie through their teeth and answer to the same beat of the drum.

We have a different meaning for Globalization also. I support independent sovereign nations with their cultures intact. I do not support open borders, what is happening in Ireland is a disgrace, bought politicians the lot of them. Do you support the WEF? Own Nothing and Be Happy?

Sorry Seamus, as I'm a complete layperson when it comes to medicine, I'll defer to the medical professionals. Those include a sibling and their spouse. I'm sure to you they're automatically just cogs in the corrupt pharma-medical complex, but whatever floats your boat.

On the rest, yeah I'm sure from your perspective on whatever extreme edge of the political spectrum you're on, the Dems and the GOP are near identical, but most people lie on a much narrower band and so the interparty differences, such as those on the issues I outlined, are very important (although I never said the Dems weren't capitalists or weren't corrupt or weren't playing in the money trough designed by Citizens United). But this topic belongs on the US Politics thread which has pretty much been shut down.

Seamus

Quote from: trailer on February 02, 2023, 11:32:42 AM
Honest question Seamus, if you got ill would you take medicine prescribed by a doctor? What about if you were unconscious and unable to give consent, have you instructed family not to allow Doctors to intervene? Genuinely interested in where you draw lines medically.

I don't take prescription drugs nor do I take over the counter drugs so why should I go to a doctor for a prescription? There would only be very few exceptions. I do know plenty about Lyme disease and Babesia, both very familiar, Babesia being worse. Then intravenous antibiotics is necessary in an immediate life threatening situation. Sleeping tablets are almost a must due to one of the many side effects of the antibiotics.  Red blood cell could become 15% affected within days of symptoms in the case of Babesia. Pain killers of course has its uses.

I have no fear of cancer. If I ever get cancer, no chemo or radiation for me thank you very much. I have witnessed some terrible deaths by friends going down that route. The patient in most cases dies of the cure not the cancer. Cancer is a multi billion dollar industry, Big Pharma have no interest in the cure and there is a cure, not the Big Pharma way and you will nor find out by turning on the tv either. The cure comes in the form of Functional and Integrative Medicine. I have paid for patients, not only of cancer, to follow this path and will do so well into the future, it is one of my life's missions.

Personally I'm a firm believer in "an ounce of prevention is better that a pound of cure". Hospitals and doctor offices would be closing down by the minute if everybody followed that path, they need sick people to survive. Medical school do not teach nutrition, maybe 15 hours in total if that at all. The likes of Vitamin C, D3/K2, Turmeric/Curcumin etc is a foreign language to them. No wonder we have a world full of ill people with most over 40 on some form of prescription drug on a daily basis along with being overweight. They all have one thing in common, they "believe the science".

Unconscious from what? What is wrong with being placed on life support in the case of a car accident for instance? We are not talking about illness here, this is emergency care, totally different subjects. You will need to give me an example of exactly what you are talking about.

Seamus

Quote from: J70 on February 02, 2023, 02:37:55 PM
Quote from: Seamus on February 02, 2023, 02:28:33 AM

Sorry Seamus, as I'm a complete layperson when it comes to medicine, I'll defer to the medical professionals. Those include a sibling and their spouse. I'm sure to you they're automatically just cogs in the corrupt pharma-medical complex, but whatever floats your boat.

On the rest, yeah I'm sure from your perspective on whatever extreme edge of the political spectrum you're on, the Dems and the GOP are near identical, but most people lie on a much narrower band and so the interparty differences, such as those on the issues I outlined, are very important (although I never said the Dems weren't capitalists or weren't corrupt or weren't playing in the money trough designed by Citizens United). But this topic belongs on the US Politics thread which has pretty much been shut down.

Fair enough, I do agree with a lot of what you say but the solutions are not found with either party. Their main objective is to divide and conquer and look after their own interests not that of the people. Take Ireland for instance, FF and FG are now bosom buddies after almost a century dividing the people. I agree, this is the wrong place but in the last three years especially, healthcare has become very politicized.

Milltown Row2

You'll be telling us using glasses is a big pharma con and if you'd only exercise your eyes more and eat more carrots you won't need them!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea