Monaghan V Donegal Ulster Final

Started by J70, June 27, 2015, 08:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 21, 2015, 04:31:18 PM
What is the average age of the Monaghan team? I know Donegal's average age is about 28.

One thing about Donegal's squad is that a serious chunk of their key performers are over 30

Gallagher, Toye, Durcan, Eamonn McGee, Colm McFadden, Karl Lacey are all over 30.
In addition to being over 30, these lads have been soldiering with Donegal for a long time.

Also a couple of the younger lads in the Donegal squad pull down the Donegal age significantly.

2 of the subs Donegal brought on the last day were U21s - O'Reilly and O'Connor which sounds good but doesn't exactly say much for the  quality of the squad depth.

It's very hard to see Donegal not having an issue once those over 30s move on. They will still have some top quality players but the quality of the supporting cast will be key.

laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone... Monaghan style!
Had you a hand in this Bingo?!
http://youtu.be/SktFvJs8H24
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on July 22, 2015, 04:09:44 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone... Monaghan style!
Had you a hand in this Bingo?!
http://youtu.be/SktFvJs8H24

I can't claim any credit for that, a lot of the players after it claimed to be singing the Celtic version rather than the Liverpool one  :o

By all accounts it got another airing in Blayney on Monday evening from the same player and a few of the other players weren't caught shy when it came to doing a bit of singing on the mic either.

DuffleKing

Are Monaghan really doing official engagements with the Anglo Celt and an All Ireland 1/4 final on the horizon?

How did Dublin, Kerry and Mayo's celebrations go?

straightred

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 22, 2015, 05:56:36 PM

Are Monaghan really doing official engagements with the Anglo Celt and an All Ireland 1/4 final on the horizon?

I wouldn't read too much into that. Unlike other years they have 3 weeks to the next day so its no harm to celebrate success before quickly moving on to the next challenge. Any player interview I've heard has been about how they won't over celebrate and how they have greater ambitions that an Ulster. its an amateur sport and they've had a great season so far  -they've every right to enjoy themselves.

upmonaghansayswe

No. They went up on a stage (that was put up for a musical festival) for about 20min on Sunday night.

Schkite

It's nothing like the celebrations from two years ago. In 2013, the celebrations lasted for days and there was a parade through all the towns with the cup. As far as I know training resumed as normal last night. Sure McManus was down in Killarney early yesterday morning for the launch of the All-Ireland series and all the players are talking about going further than we have previously. The focus has already switched to the quarter-final and we've actually a week extra to prepare than two years ago. A few beers on Sunday night isn't going to change anything.