The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Quote from: An Fear Rua on December 15, 2007, 02:39:39 PM
Anyone got shares in the steel industry? I wouldnt be getting your hopes up on a big dividend next year if reports are true....

Whats the story an fear Rua ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

An Fear Rua

new super dooper stadium is off, they cant afford it(hicks & Gillette)
instead there will be a "revised version" , which could possibly be along the style of the Sunderland, Derby, Boro, Southanpton etc bowls...

I think the phrase is "value engineering".
Its Grim up North

An Fear Rua

as if by magic

Following press speculation on Saturday morning concerning Liverpool's new stadium in Stanley Park, Rick Parry today said: 'We remain absolutely committed to the building of a new stadium which will improve on the original design'
Chief Executive Rick Parry told liverpoolfc.tv: "We remain absolutely committed to the building of a new stadium which will improve on the original design inherited by Tom Hicks and George Gillett when they came into the club.

"It will have a capacity of around 70,000, be higher quality and have a substantially increased Kop which will form the centrepiece of the new plans.

"Ever since the original designs were unveiled, we have been continuously revising and refining with the intention of delivering the best possible solution to our future needs.

"The situation in the credit markets has not affected our design, programme, or implementation of building our new stadium. The priority has always been to build a winning team on the pitch and everything else we do is geared towards that."

this wasnt brought to you by carrier pigeons flying south..
Its Grim up North

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

J70

The two United central-midfielders are sitting on front of the back-four and cleaning up everything. I can't see Liverpool scoring from open-play, unless they up the tempo a bit more, but given the way passes are going astray so far, I don't see that having much of an effect anyway. United will probably hit them on the break and get another.

Kewell is not having much of an effect and is constantly losing or giving the ball away. They may need a change there. Benayoun as well - he's not contributing much, while Evra is getting far too much of the ball. Sooner or later he's going to get a good cross in. Maybe get Lucas on and move Gerrard out wide.

Aristotle Flynn

L'pool far the better team but 1 down. That's life. Have get on with it in the second half. Van Der Saar is having a nightmare but we need to take the chances he is givin us. I'll still go for 2-1 to the reds.

PS. Kewell is simply not good enough. You'd hardly know he was on.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

nifan

van der sar is having something of a shocker and has been bailed out on two occasions already.
need to ensure he is worked more in the second half.

Puckoon

Kewell off for babel? Another puzzler from Benitez!

deiseach

What a sickener. They didn't even have to play well to win. Excuse me while I go away to block out the world

J70

Went pretty much as all the recent games at Anfield has gone - United sit back, stay tight, do little or nothing offensively, but take their chance when it comes. Liverpool have all of the possession, plenty of effort and commitment, but huff and puff and create little or nothing (apart from the chances van der Sar presented them with), and fall asleep to give United their chance. The gap in class is still there - United won without having to play anywhere near their best. Their two central midfielders were awesome.

nifan

I really would like to see lucas getting a bit more game time in the team. Mascherano is hit and miss for me and the less said about momo the better.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Puckoon on December 16, 2007, 02:59:39 PM
Kewell off for babel? Another puzzler from Benitez!

Kewell was f**king rubbish out there today

Was Gerrard even playing?

J70

Quote from: nifan on December 16, 2007, 03:45:38 PM
I really would like to see lucas getting a bit more game time in the team. Mascherano is hit and miss for me and the less said about momo the better.

I thought Mascherano was one of our better players! Lucas has looked decent though - I would liked to have seen him given a run for the last 20 and Gerrard moved out wide in place of Benayoun.

Rossie11

A shocking game..
Whats the point of paying 30m for a striker when you play like wimbledon. Vidic and Rio will clear the ball away all day when its humped into the box.

QuoteTheir two central midfielders were awesome.
No they were made look good by a brainless midfield performance by Pool
Cant see Rafa surviving after that performance and no loss if thats the style of play we have to look forward to