TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Walt Jabsco

IMO proper investment as you describe regarding resources to ensure that games have the highest possibility of being played as fixtured needs to happen at not just one venue but at a venue in each province given the number of fixtures there are across the four codes or we are back to square one.
Granted Connacht have the Dome but the spectator capacity is limited. just look at the number of Sigerson fixtures postponed during the week and pitch inspections today at the AG and Pairc Esler for the McKenna Cup Final. Due to Climate Change is there a possibility that this could be the normal where waterlogged and frozen pitches are just to be expected on a more regular basis. I would have thought that currently the AG in Ulster, O'Moore Park in Leinster, Semple in Munster and McHale Park in Connacht would be candidates for winter proofing. Could/should be included in the Casement build.  If there isn't a strategy in place for this there should most definitely be.

Eire90

is it not kinda of a disgrace that rte are not showing senior club championship finals  they are one of this biggest games in GAA  and its probably harder to win a club all ireland than an inter county.

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on January 21, 2023, 03:09:34 PM
The Prentybubble?

The Prentybubble shows that the technology is getting there. A roof that connected to stands would be the business.
Such a thing would make Casement a different proposition also. I know these things have been in use in N. AMerica for 50 years and have had some problems, usually with snow, but technology must be improving.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

Quote from: Eire90 on January 21, 2023, 05:41:03 PM
is it not kinda of a disgrace that rte are not showing senior club championship finals  they are one of this biggest games in GAA  and its probably harder to win a club all ireland than an inter county.

Why? Tg4 show games all year. It would be more of a disgrace if they did show them. I would suspect it's a contract thing anyway.

Eire90

i appreciate tg4 showing them and tg4 have been great for club gaa and all gaa but if you want to promote the club game it might be better on rte but i suppose if you want to watch you know where to find it.

Wildweasel74

Rte done little for the club game outside of Dublin club games just recently and the odd Leinster if a Dublin team involved. Tg4, run the thing for yrs when no-one else would touch it.

drici

Dia Domhnaigh   06 - 08 - 2023

Lixnaw v Crotta O'Neills   beo
3-00pm

marty34

Quote from: drici on August 02, 2023, 12:26:23 AM

3-00pm

Great stuff. Start of TG4's club coverage this week-end.

Are RTE covering club games this year?

restorepride

Quote from: marty34 on August 02, 2023, 08:16:47 AM
Quote from: drici on August 02, 2023, 12:26:23 AM

3-00pm

Great stuff. Start of TG4's club coverage this week-end.

Are RTE covering club games this year?
Níl gluaisteán ag Marty!  Hardly, sure Marty has no car!!!  ;D 

toby47

Any club games on this weekend on TG4/RTE?

square_ball

TG4 have the ladies finals all day tomorrow so there'll be no club action on there anyway.

drici

Dia Domhnaigh   20 - 08 - 2023

Breaffy v Ballina Stephenites   beo
2-15pm

Oylegate Glenbrien v Naomh Éanna    beo
4-00pm

ClubScene13

Breaffy v Ballina the first game in a group stage? Hoping they stay away from live coverage of group games, knockout should get preference even if it is a smaller county.

Milltown Row2

Both teams won't make much impact whoever comes out on top!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea