Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

That must be tough for Ballymena with them being out as they need to keep training. I see the division 2 playoff is done.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Would ye whist on September 26, 2022, 10:38:17 AM
Might be the reporter has an issue with being further away from the pitch than usual as he now has a problem with him and inside the wire after congratulating the officials after the LD game  ;D
Think you need to have a wee word with yourself.....B Mc T covered the game.....u wanna transfer....seems u have come down the road pining for a change.......

Would ye whist

Can we clarify, are you allowed inside the wire at the moment?

Hoof Hearted

Some referees on here
As MR2 always says there's plenty of courses and training to do it and no one will be turned away
Both refs made mistakes during the course of 80 plus minutes, which all refs do. But there wasn't one main contentious one that any of the losing teams can feel aggrieved about.
McDonald' and Laverty can be happy enough.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

City Dweller

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 26, 2022, 11:07:41 AM
Some referees on here
As MR2 always says there's plenty of courses and training to do it and no one will be turned away
Both refs made mistakes during the course of 80 plus minutes, which all refs do. But there wasn't one main contentious one that any of the losing teams can feel aggrieved about.

Well said HH, there are posters on here giving off about referees making "mistakes" in the middle of a high pressure games, and yet they can't count to 15 leaning over a wire..

country bumpkin

Quote from: Would ye whist on September 26, 2022, 11:05:27 AM
Are you using the Royal plural  or just being nosey....

country bumpkin

Quote from: City Dweller on September 26, 2022, 11:18:35 AM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 26, 2022, 11:07:41 AM
Some referees on here

Well said HH, there are posters on here giving off about referees making "mistakes" in the middle of a high pressure games, and yet they can't count to 15 leaning over a wire..
Was the umpire who made the 'mistake, .....

JimStynes

What's this about?

Saffsof82

Quote from: NatSoSaff on September 26, 2022, 09:57:55 AM
I thought Sean Laverty refereed the game very well. It's hard to be too critical of PG1 in my opinion. They looked the better side for the majority of the game. I think John McKeever has certainly brought them on this year and from a neutrals point of view, I would hope he stays on with the team and continues to develop them. Himself and the lads must be completely sick this morning. Football is cruel. Big Niall must be kicking himself he didn't round the keeper for an easy goal rather than a point towards the end of normal time that would have put them 7 up! Aghagallon must be credited though. They are very dangerous on the counter attack and have quality footballers in the final third. They will need all of those lads to step things up in the final for 60 minutes as opposed to 15-20 minutes if they are to make a good go of it however.

I don't see any improvement in Ports under JMK at all

paddyjohn

This makes great reading.

Still no city teams in the IFC or SFC finals.

The city football is dead. Up the SW.

Would ye whist

One was merely making an enquiry, however should we assume given your curt reply and reluctance to answer that you are indeed not permitted to enter the boundary of the wire

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 26, 2022, 11:24:20 AM
Are you using the Royal plural  or just being nosey....

Mickey Linden

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on September 26, 2022, 12:02:47 PM
Disgraceful, if true.
The press should have a free run at giving mouthfuls of abuse at officials as they leave the field.
In my opinion.

What happened here?

Would ye whist

Nothing to see here Micky, unless CB can shed any light

country bumpkin

Quote from: Would ye whist on September 26, 2022, 12:40:35 PM
[/quote

Have not uttered a single word to any official.leaving a pitch.....be it Dunsilly, Toome or elsewhere......
Ref v L D was excellent as was C Mc D on Sat.....

Maybe mixing up colours.....some did have words with ref and county officials Sat evening...........did seemed a bit miffed when I walked past.......

JimStynes

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 26, 2022, 01:02:05 PM
Quote from: Would ye whist on September 26, 2022, 12:40:35 PM
[/quote

Have not uttered a single word to any official.leaving a pitch.....be it Dunsilly, Toome or elsewhere......
Ref v L D was excellent as was C Mc D on Sat.....

Maybe mixing up colours.....some did have words with ref and county officials Sat evening...........did seemed a bit miffed when I walked past.......

Boys going after an innocent man here ffs! Free Country Bumpkin!