Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Fair play to Cushendall!
Not right to single out but mccambridge was fantastic!
Wasn't fully aware of his ability until now!
Yes sarsfields seemed poor but we cannot take one moment from that Cushendall side who did their job.
Onward to March 17 and let's hope for another all Ireland back to Antrim.
Watching the other semi seems a lot more interesting now.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 07, 2016, 03:56:17 AM
First of.  Well done, and to answer that question.   Yes.   They were that bad.  Cdall weren't amazing.   that's the facts of the matter.  A shocking bad team.   Never ever in doubt. Never once looked like being beat.   And hand on heart am struggling to remember any team ever getting it as easy to an all Ireland.  Just hope that doesn't screw them in the end.    For me  mc cambridge and Campbell were out standing.   Mc Afee and mc gill done all the work up top when Neill went missing.  And that was fairly often.  1-07 and all the headlines.   But poor in my book.  These are all opinions.   Like it or not.    Paddys day will require the big names to stand up.  And for me.  None of them done it today.   That for Cdall is a great thing.   All infont of them.  Good luck to them.     

Possibly as bad as the team you'd got in final??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 06, 2016, 06:42:08 PM
Has graffin always worn that much of a strapping on the knee or did he hurt it again?

Lm usual patronising shite you hear at those games. Our teams are not near physical enough at times so how someone reckons northern teams are too physical I don't know.
He hurt it again.

The work he has put in to get himself ready has unbelievable. He's an absolute superstar

imtommygunn

I thought that based on his interview and I didn't think he had that much strapping on it in previous games. Still had a good game no matter.

Hopefully be good for the final. Some handy forwards in that no team!

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2016, 10:03:46 AM
First of.  Well done, and to answer that question.   Yes.   They were that bad.  Cdall weren't amazing.   that's the facts of the matter.  A shocking bad team.   Never ever in doubt. Never once looked like being beat.   And hand on heart am struggling to remember any team ever getting it as easy to an all Ireland.  Just hope that doesn't screw them in the end.    For me  mc cambridge and Campbell were out standing.   Mc Afee and mc gill done all the work up top when Neill went missing.  And that was fairly often.  1-07 and all the headlines.   But poor in my book.  These are all opinions.   Like it or not.    Paddys day will require the big names to stand up.  And for me.  None of them done it today.   That for Cdall is a great thing.   All infont of them.  Good luck to them.     

for me worse.  Least the team we played had beat decent teams on route to the final.  f**k there striking was poor.  There passing was poor. Didn't look to have any sort of game plan.  And looked to me like they were either just happy having got there or took the ulster boys for granted.  Again. Fair play to Cdall.  Can only beat what's in front of you. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Last Man

Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 07, 2016, 01:07:28 PM

for me worse.  Least the team we played had beat decent teams on route to the final.  f**k there striking was poor.  There passing was poor. Didn't look to have any sort of game plan.  And looked to me like they were either just happy having got there or took the ulster boys for granted.  Again. Fair play to Cdall.  Can only beat what's in front of you.
I'd agree with that. Are these the anomalies that occur when your county team is getting to the AI final?

north_antrim_hound

my thoughts exactly
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Sleeping giant

Why make it about the loughgiel Cdall shite again.  Jesus such a bunch of f**king clowns.   It was an opinion.  The Galway team were dung IMO.  And you can only beat what's in front of you agreed!   But some of use boys need to catch a grip FFS.  Let's see how they get on against that poor Munster team we beat in our semi.   

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 07, 2016, 03:24:47 PM
Why make it about the loughgiel Cdall shite again.  Jesus such a bunch of f**king clowns.   It was an opinion.  The Galway team were dung IMO.  And you can only beat what's in front of you agreed!   But some of use boys need to catch a grip FFS.  Let's see how they get on against that poor Munster team we beat in our semi.

Jeasus, calm down lad, nobody was making fall Loughgiel comparisons, merely pointing out the similarities when meeting shitty teams in the all Ireland clubs...

We certainly benefited from that when we won  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2016, 03:57:19 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 07, 2016, 03:24:47 PM

Jeasus, calm down lad, nobody was making fall Loughgiel comparisons, merely pointing out the similarities when meeting shitty teams in the all Ireland clubs...

We certainly benefited from that when we won  ;D

i think you hit a nerve

Sleeping giant

Not at all.  If other clubs can't move on from the Cdall loughgiel shite. How do you expect the clubs themselves to do so?  I was just saying Galway lads were poor,  and it has to come back to loughgiel.   I'll refrain from commenting on it again. 

Milltown Row2

Hearing about a certain club (not mine) that's actively going round certain clubs that are struggling to field underage teams, that their better kids should hurl for them?? btdgtgtt, hardstation you hear about this??

north_antrim_hound

Has this not been going on round Belfast for years
Or am I misinformed

7towers shamrock

Had to work out just how good c/dall were or how bad sarsfield were,a bit of both i suspect but as already said you
can only beat whats in front of you.As for np their very beatable but are a big strong physical side and have been around a good few years and are very experienced  and i would think  won't roll over as easy as sarfields.

btdtgtt

Let's just not go there with the whole "it's a Belfast thing" argument. When it comes to sanctions I remember Cushendall teams with cushendun players wearing their own socks & shorts!
From St Patrick's to moy carraig Og excuse the spelling!
Not sure the exact case MR2 but I know the mckenna's to St. John's was very well prepared in advance and rossa seem to get players sanctioned from st Theresa's and a certain celebrity son from st brigids. I'm actually a real supporter of the sanction rules - I think it should be permitted right up to senior. We are miles behind southern counties in this where sanctions are routine.