Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cfclg

The last few posts highlight the problem we as a county have (from CB down to players and supporters). We are living in the golden 1989 era and can't grasp that we are now at the same level as Laois/Carlow/Westmeath/Kerry. The sooner we get over ourselves and be realistic the sooner we will be able to make small steps in the right direction. We are an arrogant breed!

Jeepers Creepers

Here here, were Sh*te so get over it.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on April 30, 2015, 10:54:11 AM
Succinctly put Jeepers Creepers ;D

Yeah it was a bit cringeworthy listening earlier in the year to people say on this thread how we should beat Laois effectively pulling up.

We are where we are and beating Laois would be a great result. Anything after that is a bonus. *If* we were to beat Laois no guarantee we'd beat everyone else in the group either!

Na Glinntí Glasa

I said before in a post that we had 'delusions of grandeur' about ourselves in terms of where we think Antrim hurling is.

Too many of us think because our club teams can give a good account of ourselves that somehow we should be afforded this place at the top of the table of hurling. We dont deserve to be at the top table in terms of hurling here.

The results over the years speak volumes. 1 league win in 3 years, countless hard luck stories, no in roads in Leinster, minors hammered each time out of ulster.

Im as big a fan of my county as you all are and i always go to the games hoping we can get a result but knowing that if we get beat i wont be too shocked. Were all the same.

I went to portlaois last year for the wexford game thinking we could do it, that we could beat them after topping that group. Oh how wrong i was. Back to being a normal Antrim fan again!

Im always optimistic that were going to change but at the same time realistic to know that it wont happen in the near future.
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

I think we as a county do rightly when you consider the limited number of people prepared to be part of any positive momentum being sustained. There is zero need for anyone who is part of trying (and would love) to get Antrim closer to the hurling peleton to feel ashamed of their efforts. The problem is more backup and sustained support is needed. That may very well not happen, so lets just enjoy our hurling and respect what we are doing a bit more. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

antrimgeal1989

Few new additions to the squad according to the Irish news. 3 from St endas, 1 rossa armoy cloughmills and carey. Anybody know anything about these lads?

Dualta Duane

know the Rossa lad, he's quick, decent with the ball (clever) bit like one of the previous comments on the thread about the l'guile lad Dan, probably needs another year or two at club level to develop more before he's in the mix.

would be one of a few from intermediate team that should be considered...

theskull1

Quote from: hurlingstick on April 28, 2015, 10:56:23 PM
Great to hear these recent posts... Anyone from Loughiel/Ballycastle confirm if NA feile is this Saturday. I've heard conflicting dates

Both NA Feile A & B Finals will be in Dunloy this Saturday (no times yet)

NA Féile B   2 May 2015   Con Magees      v      Shane O Neills      Final   
NA Féile A   2 May 2015   Loughgiel      v      Ballycastle      Final   
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

getevennotcross

So to conclude, we are Sh**e, makes you wonder why we bother at all, very defeatist I must say JC!

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: getevennotcross on April 30, 2015, 03:50:34 PM
So to conclude, we are Sh**e, makes you wonder why we bother at all, very defeatist I must say JC!

The belief that we are good or should be is what is holding this county back. To many people put the county on a pedestal and when we get beat over and over again by the same teams who are supposedly 'lesser' counties, take it very badly and become angry. That gets us no where. Please see previous 500 pages of yes we are..no we're not... We need a collective belief that we are not as good as we think we are and then move forward.

hurlingstick

Quote from: theskull1 on April 30, 2015, 03:31:50 PM
Great to hear these recent posts... Anyone from Loughiel/Ballycastle confirm if NA feile is this Saturday. I've heard conflicting dates

Cheers Skull ......

getevennotcross

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on April 30, 2015, 04:36:55 PM
Quote from: getevennotcross on April 30, 2015, 03:50:34 PM

The belief that we are good or should be is what is holding this county back. To many people put the county on a pedestal and when we get beat over and over again by the same teams who are supposedly 'lesser' counties, take it very badly and become angry. That gets us no where. Please see previous 500 pages of yes we are..no we're not... We need a collective belief that we are not as good as we think we are and then move forward.
I believe we should always be aspiring to play at the top level, it should be the very essence of what drives us, otherwise, do we raise our hands and give up?  Unquestionably, Croke Park, Ulster Council and CB have not served Antrim hurling well over the years, but are we supposed to go begging for the assistance we need? Despite the humility of begging, we must continue and strive to help ourselves. Nobody is going to feel obligated to pull us out of a hole, this is something we must do ourselves.  One thing for sure though, I am still an advocate that we continue to go outside this county for a hurling manager, the internal shenanigans (crap) that goes on between CB and our clubs is embarrassing to say the least.

Forget about the previous 500 pages, it just epitomises the level of frustration and negative rantings of those, who whilst they say are great hurling men/persons, are equally caught up in the slanderous negativities which are doled out,when we under perform and experience the perennial hammering's.

The county needs a major shake up and restructuring, individuals weeded out, less clubs and as you rightly alluded to, a significant degree of cohesion.  Are we united, are we cohesive, are we committed, are we going to bust a gut to ensure we bring about change??  Are we going to fund raise, are we prepared to look beyond our own insular club focus, are we collectively going to sit down and draft a meaningful and  strategic plan which will drive us forward, instead of dumped on a shelf and gather dust??  Nah, we are going to blame someone else for our miserly lot and history.  Bloody hell, we cant blame the Brits for that can we?  We all need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and apportioning blame elsewhere! 

Now for the call for action, will you kick off the crusade or will you sign up?  Therein lies the question for us all?

glensgael

Quote from: hurlingstick on April 30, 2015, 05:13:07 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on April 30, 2015, 03:31:50 PM

Cheers Skull ......

Matches are at 4pm and 5pm

Antrim Coaster

NA Féile B 2 May 2015 Con Magees v St Mac Nissi's Final
NA Féile A 2 May 2015 Loughgiel v Ballycastle Final

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: frostbit on May 01, 2015, 08:04:39 AM
Has anyone any idea as to the starting team on Sunday given all the latest additions? 

This season is a write off really but I still get the championship butterflies about it and personally I think it's a good thing to see new faces on board.

Chris O Connell
Na Seamroga
Ryan Mc Cambridge
Ruairi Og
Neal Mc Auley
Mac Uilin
Aaron Graffin
Ruairi Og
Simon Mc Crory
Naomh Eoin
Conor Mc Kinley
Cú Chullain