Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aontroim

CCC league proposals sent to clubs today.

Hurling leagues to start on 18th April with 7 rounds of games being played on Wednesday nights until they switch to Sundays on July 1st.

Coincidentally that means there are no hurling league games fixed for the day after Ulster games on Saturdays - only football so dual clubs will end up fielding weakened UHL teams while hurling only clubs can field what they want.

All proposals up for discussion with clubs in a meeting with CCC in a couple of weeks time.

aontroim

PROPOSED C'SHIP DATES

Cant make out the differnce between SHC and IHC /. JHC so the dates are;

GROUP GAMES
Sat 4th August
Wed 8th August
Sun 12th August
Wed 22nd August
Sat/Sun 25/26 Aug
Sun 9th Sept

SEMI-FINAL
Sat/Sun 22/23 Sept

IHC / JHC FINAL
Sun 30th Sept

SHC FINAL
Sun 7th October

Guillem2

Any words on which clubs have entered the legues this year and what the make up of the divisions is?
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

milltown row

so the reserve hurlers dont get to play any games untill July!!!! the county board are full of shite. typical though no change as shown by championship games every 4 days, great idea ???

theskull1

Could anyone post or PM me the proposed dates?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Syd The Sailor

Just read on Hogan Stand that Declan Grunter wont be playing on Sunday for Cushendall, but from what i have heard its horseshit and he will be lining out
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

BottleOfStout

Declan MCKILLOP has a stomach muscle injury and is a serious doubt but Cushendall could not afford to do without him and he will probably start.  Any talk of him not starting is only rumour due to the injury not a play by the club !!!.

Sausalito Bay

WELL DONE CLOONEY GAELS!!!!!!!!!

Beat SKehana by a point after extra time!

Syd The Sailor

Any word on how Gort Na Mona got on?
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Glensman

Gort Na Mona beat by 2/3.

Great news about Clooney Gaels after a tough day watching Cushendall and then the 2nd half of the rugby in the Carrickdale on the way up.

Not going into much detail about Cushendall - real shame I thought. They had chances, numerous frees missed, quite a few wides from open play. I will say however that if they keep their heads right, take a break and go hard at it again I would be surprised if anyone in Antrim willtouch them this year (pleasantly surprised that is!).
Thought Aidan Delargy had a great game, should have been midfield earlier.

If god is interesting in hurling at all I secured my place in heaven this weekend.
Went to the other semi final Toomevara v Ballyhale in Portlaoise yesterday (I would bet my house that if they don't freeze on the day Ballyhale will win the final - this semi final was on a different level to the one today in Mullingar. In all honesty Toomevara's first half performance was as good as I have seen club hurling - a real shame they collapsed and a real shame that Tommy Dunne may have got sent off in what could be his last ever game).
Then after that game I went to the Antrim challenge against Laois (well most of it). Antrim arrived 40 minutes after throw in was meant to happen and then came onto the field with random numbers on their backs. There was a slight breeze and Laois went in at half time about 2-7 0-2 up (or so). They mounted a bit of a fight back before we left with about 15 minutes left. I only hope the Cushendall men and a few who were missing yesterday can improve Antrim. Was impressed to see what I think was the game being videoed by someone from Antrim - we need to move on and move on fast.

reiteoir

Just noticed the post about the challenge match against Laois. If we are running late, sending a team out like a raggle-taggle band is there any value in playing such matches?

milltown row

Quote from: aontroim on February 09, 2007, 02:03:07 PM
CCC league proposals sent to clubs today.

Hurling leagues to start on 18th April with 7 rounds of games being played on Wednesday nights until they switch to Sundays on July 1st.

Coincidentally that means there are no hurling league games fixed for the day after Ulster games on Saturdays - only football so dual clubs will end up fielding weakened UHL teams while hurling only clubs can field what they want.

All proposals up for discussion with clubs in a meeting with CCC in a couple of weeks time.

any more word on the proposed leagues? do you have the proposal? is it a one way league again

imtommygunn

Antrim (NHL v Galway): DD Quinn;
B McAuley, J McKeague, S Delargy; C Herron, J Campbell, M Molloy; K McKeegan, B Herron; K Stewart, L Watson, M Herron; P Richmond,
N McAuley, P Shields

milltown row

Good team, glad to see the Cushendall boys back in, hope they aren't feeling to bad after last weeks game. Is this our strongest team? i know Tosh is injured, but this gives Karl Stewart a run in the team hopefully he will make the most of it.

Team heading down on the Sat. so they should be well rested, i'm looking for the lads to be fully committed for the 70 mins. and contest every ball.

crowd of us heading down on the Sat. night will make sure the lads stay out of the bars :P

imtommygunn

There's still a few to come in I'd say.

Micky Monty, maybe young McManus and like you say Tosh.

What about Quinn from GNM - haven't seen much of him - is he up to it?

Would prefer to see Watson on the wing as he isn't big enough for that rule.

Would expect McCambridge, Cunning, Joey and Martin Scullion to stilll challenge for places.