Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exiled Ruairi

Just home from Glenariffe v Clooney Gaels match in Div 2. Good game of hurling, some nice scores taken, but it all kicked off at the full time whistle. Pure 40 man brawl, with players, mentors, subs and suspended players all in fighting. People hit with hurls, punched etc. Was not a great advert for hurling.

btdtgtt

On way home from Thurles. But of an anti-climax. Any games in Belfast tomorrow night?

theskull1

Good win for us up at the Johnnies today with the sun splitting the stones. Could have been a different outcome but for 2 great saves by Ryan Elliott when the Johnnies were having a purple patch in the middle of the second half. We'd have taken the pressure off at that stage but for poor shooting. Recovered well and deserved the points in the end.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

optimus cheese

Late to the party but great win for Antrim yesterday. Had to balls it out and did that. Hopefully a corner turned

Leftbackno4

Quote from: theskull1 on May 22, 2016, 06:54:54 PM
Good win for us up at the Johnnies today with the sun splitting the stones. Could have been a different outcome but for 2 great saves by Ryan Elliott when the Johnnies were having a purple patch in the middle of the second half. We'd have taken the pressure off at that stage but for poor shooting. Recovered well and deserved the points in the end.
Dunloy deserved their win and it will be interesting to see what they can deliver with the momentum they have at the minute. Really important saves at key times by their young keeper. St. John's are not looking like a team that's going anywhere fast.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Thought we played well yday but more so in patches. Let St Johns players have too much space at times but i do feel that the johnies lads over play the ball at times with the short game. A lot of tidy players but tend to over work the ball when in scorable positions.
Young Ryan Elliott pulled off two great saves that kept our lead intact. Not bad for a lad just out of the minors and he looks like he will be hanging onto that keeper shirt at this rate. Long time since we have won 5 games in a row. Nice to see but its only league games, August is when it really matters.
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: optimus cheese on May 22, 2016, 10:02:25 PM
Late to the party but great win for Antrim yesterday. Had to balls it out and did that. Hopefully a corner turned

A few of our lads who were playing were giving off about the referee giving a few 'hometown' decisions when the game was in the mix. Some lad from Carlow not on their christmas card list it seems.

TBH This is not a good Down team and to take Antrim to their collar probably says a lot about where Antrim are at the minute rather than this improving Down team who're still very young in a lot of key positions.

We'd the biddies down with us yesterday, players had to be taken off the field due to thunder and lightning, rightly so IMO. We won handy enough although not as easy as the scoreline suggests.

St Galls up next and that'll be the sternest test we've faced I'd presume.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: johnneycool on May 23, 2016, 09:42:49 AM

A few of our lads who were playing were giving off about the referee giving a few 'hometown' decisions when the game was in the mix. Some lad from Carlow not on their christmas card list it seems.

TBH This is not a good Down team and to take Antrim to their collar probably says a lot about where Antrim are at the minute rather than this improving Down team who're still very young in a lot of key positions.

We'd the biddies down with us yesterday, players had to be taken off the field due to thunder and lightning, rightly so IMO. We won handy enough although not as easy as the scoreline suggests.

Don't think the ref was one sided at all but there was two soft ones near the end
Downs discipline was brutal
Bit of happy slapping and pulling antrim players to the ground
If I was honest I would so they played the better hurling but the free count was self inflicted and lost them the game
I was impressed with down in every other way
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

btdtgtt

Galls V Galget would be a good tussle! That game in Belfast JC? When?
Been down the road a lot with work - good for getting to a range of evening Club games or Thurles - but I'm not seeing any local stuff.
Dunloy sound like they are putting a push in - I'm wary of teams hitting form too early for championship however maybe this Dunloy team need that for confidence on bigger days.
All quiet from the Dall and the Shamrocks?

paddyjohn

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 23, 2016, 10:13:23 AM

Been down the road a lot with work - good for getting to a range of evening Club games or Thurles - but I'm not seeing any local stuff.
Dunloy sound like they are putting a push in - I'm wary of teams hitting form too early for championship however maybe this Dunloy team need that for confidence on bigger days.

Dall & Shams wasn't played due to weather, refixed for Wednesday night.

johnneycool

Wednesday night in the sunny Ards peninsula...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 23, 2016, 10:53:18 AM

Needed waders to play it from some of the photos of the pitch.

johnneycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 23, 2016, 01:25:59 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on May 23, 2016, 10:53:18 AM

Needed waders to play it from some of the photos of the pitch.

Ulster council were offering €400 grants for verti-draining a month back, albeit very short notice, but they need to do it more often and maybe up the €400 bit!!

Na Glinntí Glasa

400 would do next to nothing in terms of ground work. add another 0 and double it and that will cover half a pitch!

I know theres talk of us draining the top half of the pitch, much similar to that what was done over the winter to the bottom half.
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 23, 2016, 04:06:38 PM
400 would do next to nothing in terms of ground work. add another 0 and double it and that will cover half a pitch!

I know theres talk of us draining the top half of the pitch, much similar to that what was done over the winter to the bottom half.

Verti draining is glorified spiking and sanding which we got quoted approximately £1.5K to get done on our pitch.

Proper digging up and re-draining is big bucks!