Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hedgehunter

Quote from: Nanderson on July 17, 2020, 10:10:35 PM
Would anyone at the Glenn and Saul game tonight be able to confirm if Shay McCartan togged out. Seen Maurice McKey put up photos on fb and I'm near sure Shay was #10

Correct and sent a Saul player to the shop for groceries while bagging his goal.. Video on the Glenn FB.

Nanderson

Class goal. Always had an eye for a goal. I suppose he is free to do as he wishes whilst not having a soccer club contract. Would be great if he stuck around for a year or so but i suppose there is still very good money in the lower english leagues

Hedgehunter

Quote from: Nanderson on July 17, 2020, 10:38:39 PM
Class goal. Always had an eye for a goal. I suppose he is free to do as he wishes whilst not having a soccer club contract. Would be great if he stuck around for a year or so but i suppose there is still very good money in the lower english leagues

Who knows what the future holds...

Targetman

Glasdrumman had 4 players sent off in the First half last night, mad!!

Targetman

Longstone player has tested positive for COVID-19, all matches and training cancelled until next Monday

downjim

Best wishes to the Stone player. I think the GAA has some big calls in next few weeks. If clubs continue to shut down then it will turn into a farce. The risks at GAA clubs are crazy and its very hard for volunteers to enforce rules correctly.

thewobbler

Downjim the reason why every team in every club has covid officers is to allow everyone to act quickly.

The GAA already made the big call there. It's play on while you can, and don't be a silly bugger when you cannot.

What I'm not sure about is, when championship comes around and a team cannot fulfil: a) postponement, b) walkover or c) reintroduce a loser from the previous round.

I'm hoping it's not a).

marty34

Quote from: thewobbler on July 23, 2020, 10:41:27 AM
Downjim the reason why every team in every club has covid officers is to allow everyone to act quickly.

The GAA already made the big call there. It's play on while you can, and don't be a silly bugger when you cannot.

What I'm not sure about is, when championship comes around and a team cannot fulfil: a) postponement, b) walkover or c) reintroduce a loser from the previous round.

I'm hoping it's not a).

I'd say walk-over - time is of the essence.  Only problem is if some club goes down the legal/court route.  That would f**k everything up.

I think GAA HQ would need to make statement shortly clarifying this, or they might leave it up to each county board.

Only problem with this is if some club player tests positive, there's a good chance the club will keep quiet about it and play on regardless.

downjim

Killeavy closed too, I cannot see stormont opening up now

DuffGael

Quote from: marty34 on July 23, 2020, 11:26:06 AM

I'm hoping it's not a).

I'd say walk-over - time is of the essence.  Only problem is if some club goes down the legal/court route.  That would f**k everything up.

I think GAA HQ would need to make statement shortly clarifying this, or they might leave it up to each county board.

Only problem with this is if some club player tests positive, there's a good chance the club will keep quiet about it and play on regardless.
This has implications which could lead to someone losing their life,  if a club does something like that then the suspensions and punishment must be massive. 
I hope no one is that stupid

SamFever

The Stone and now the 'Town.Getting very local now.

downjim

I get Longstone but not the Town? If clubs are going to suspend activity in that way then it's time we stopped for the year and quit wasting everyone's time.

marty34

Quote from: DuffGael on July 23, 2020, 05:14:00 PM
Quote from: marty34 on July 23, 2020, 11:26:06 AM

I'm hoping it's not a).

This has implications which could lead to someone losing their life,  if a club does something like that then the suspensions and punishment must be massive. 
I hope no one is that stupid

From tomorrow you can attend outdoor sporting events...if they can be catered for from a socially distanced point of views. Up to clubs now!

Smurfy123

What's the Town? Have they got one also? Not good

Mourne Red

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 23, 2020, 08:31:25 PM
What's the Town? Have they got one also? Not good

Put up a status that they had played The Stone and Killeavy two clubs who had positive tests so they have suspended activity as precaution