62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

screenexile

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 02, 2019, 10:42:21 AM
Quote from: charlieTully on March 30, 2019, 09:54:21 PM
Quote from: illdecide on March 30, 2019, 09:35:47 PM
Why are so many against N Lennon taking it on a permanent basis? If he wins the treble surely you can't pass him, he's tried and tested. He's a brainy lad who knows Celtic and knows the players, if he doesn't win the two remaining trophies then by all means look elsewhere but some of you are sounding like Sevco fans

You are biased on this one mate and rightly so but I agree. He deserves a 1 year contract at least imo. He stepped into the breach and he is delivering. I love the fact it means so much to him. He is genuine.
Hes quute good, but I am not sure if he is good enough.

I was unimpressed with the substitutions on Sunday.
I understand why he wanted to bring guys on to give them a run, but you need to leave sentiment out of the equation.
He should have left hayes on and the team going for the juggler for the first 20 mins of second half, then make changes as required as lads got tired.

As for morelos..he was niggling away at players and lashed out when brown niggled him.

It's all brown did.
I saw a photo of a group of sevco players wildly celebrating in Scott browns face during and after the huns 1-0 win in December... so karma... there was no furore about this behaviour from Celtic or the fans. It was only about the poor performance.

Also no surprise that reports that all the stabbed fans were Celtic fans. Theres only one side that gets homicidal after a defeat... and that's the sevco crew. Disgraceful.

This proves they are not two side of a shitty coin... the siht is only on the huns side

You can't just be making stuff up lb!!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3156497/rangers-fan-stabbed-dad-unconscious-attack-celtic-fans-hope-street/

trailer

Why are so many against N Lennon taking it on a permanent basis? If he wins the treble surely you can't pass him, he's tried and tested. He's a brainy lad who knows Celtic and knows the players, if he doesn't win the two remaining trophies then by all means look elsewhere but some of you are sounding like Sevco fans

You are biased on this one mate and rightly so but I agree. He deserves a 1 year contract at least imo. He stepped into the breach and he is delivering. I love the fact it means so much to him. He is genuine.

I understand why he wanted to bring guys on to give them a run, but you need to leave sentiment out of the equation.
He should have left hayes on and the team going for the juggler for the first 20 mins of second half, then make changes as required as lads got tired.

As for morelos..he was niggling away at players and lashed out when brown niggled him.

It's all brown did.
I saw a photo of a group of sevco players wildly celebrating in Scott browns face during and after the huns 1-0 win in December... so karma... there was no furore about this behaviour from Celtic or the fans. It was only about the poor performance.

Also no surprise that reports that all the stabbed fans were Celtic fans. Theres only one side that gets homicidal after a defeat... and that's the sevco crew. Disgraceful.

This proves they are not two side of a shitty coin... the siht is only on the huns side

I don't know what to say to this. Mind boggling.

charlieTully

Quote from: screenexile on April 02, 2019, 11:18:28 AM

It's all brown did.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3156497/rangers-fan-stabbed-dad-unconscious-attack-celtic-fans-hope-street/

Now we have lads posting from the sun on gaa board.

screenexile

Quote from: charlieTully on April 02, 2019, 11:23:41 AM

It's all brown did.

Now we have lads posting from the sun on gaa board.

FFS!!!! None so blind etc.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/16685837.rangers-fan-stabbed-by-gang-of-celtic-fans-after-old-firm-clash/

charlieTully

screenexile

Yes

But please go ahead and tell me how it didn't happen.

charlieTully

Quote from: screenexile on April 02, 2019, 12:27:59 PM
Yes

But please go ahead and tell me how it didn't happen.

it was september last year, it doesnt say anywhere in it they were dressed in celtic colours, it just says one line of enquiry is that is football related. You are always on here trying to annoy and goad celtic fans, any reason as to why?

ned

There's no doubt we have our scummy fans, that can't be denied.
My issue is with blaming the players or fans generally for what happened hours afterwards away from the ground. Those attacks were by thugs, because they are violent twats. Sectarianism, football, players behaviour (no Celtic player did anything wrong by the way), none of that gives reason or excuses the violence.

6th sam

Quote from: ned on April 01, 2019, 11:49:12 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on April 01, 2019, 11:20:38 PM
Quote from: trailer on April 01, 2019, 10:19:10 PM
Ok. Calling out the overt sectarianism around this fixture is now trolling. Ok. Got it.

I've been to Celtic park
Many times and feel a strong affinity to their Irish and charitable origins.
That said, there are elements of the old firm rivalry which are dangerous and unattractive.
Scott Brown's  interviews are often hilarious and he's proven himself to be a winner , but like all old firm
Players , he has a responsibility not to provoke . It appears There is a man fighting for his life and a family in distress because of injuries incurred related to the old firm yesterday. That's reality. Celtic have much better resources and a much better team and I was delighted with the win, but Scott Brown's behaviour yesterday left a lot to be desired .
I'm absolutely delighted for Neil Lennon particularly, but Brown should remember that Neil and others have suffered enormously as a result of sectarianism, and I hope all of us genuine Celtic fans are big enough to analyse Scott Brown's behaviour yestersday, and though it's hard not to have a laugh and enjoy his goading of our rivals, we must be big enough to admit that it's not what Celtic is.about , as an institution .

That's pathetic. Brown is in no way responsible for what went on in town yesterday.
If some maniac wants to knife someone it wasn't because of what Brown did.
Gerrard's comment after the game about Halliday wanting to "protect his own people " was more dangerous.
Would agree totally re Gerrard's Comments and also thought his reaction to the sectarianism directed at Neil Lennon was begrudging at best. He's well paid as manager of a club that has loads of sectarian baggage, he needs to realise , as do all professionals involved that they have a responsibility to be aware of how their actions are perceived. As a Celtic fan i'd Prefer to see our players especially our captain being competitive in Europe rather than gloating over a narrow victory over a very average team. Unfortunately sledging and provocation is part of the game , but we don't all have to like it , even when it's coming from our own.
Tbf It was wrong to put Scott's actions in the same paragraph as the city centre incident , and Scott is in no way to blame for that incident. However I feel that there are elements of Celtic/Rangers rivalry which are ugly , and I'd love to see Celtic get beyond that nonsense.
European nights in Celtic park , beating Barcelona for example, is what makes Celtic great and that worldwide respect dwarfs our local rivals. Beating a "gather-up" with a late goal and allegedly celebrating in front of their fans doesn't float my boat.

lynchbhoy

It's all brown did.

I'm not making it up.

It's well known that any time theres a stabbing in Glasgow after a Celtic v sevco game that it's more or less always the Celtic fan that is the victim. I know a few have been stabbed to death over the past 25 years that I can recall.
I can post up a daily mirror story about a Celtic pub that was attacked by sevco fans last Sunday- not last September.

As for Scott brown, there are photos abound of sevco players jumping wildly around him celebrating in his face, as well as in front of the broomloan stand where the Celtic fans were in ibrox. 
However there was no outcry from Celtic or media about that

This time sevco were beaten and all we hear is whinging from  their management  , gutter media plus fans and anti Celtic d**kheads 

Why? I've no idea. Jealousy?
That trailer-trash poster is just a clueless clown that has lost his village 

trailer

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 02, 2019, 03:19:22 PM

It's all brown did.

I'm not making it up.

It's well known that any time theres a stabbing in Glasgow after a Celtic v sevco game that it's more or less always the Celtic fan that is the victim. I know a few have been stabbed to death over the past 25 years that I can recall.
I can post up a daily mirror story about a Celtic pub that was attacked by sevco fans last Sunday- not last September.

As for Scott brown, there are photos abound of sevco players jumping wildly around him celebrating in his face, as well as in front of the broomloan stand where the Celtic fans were in ibrox. 
However there was no outcry from Celtic or media about that

This time sevco were beaten and all we hear is whinging from  their management  , gutter media plus fans and anti Celtic d**kheads 

Why? I've no idea. Jealousy?
That trailer-trash poster is just a clueless clown that has list his village

Indeed.

lynchbhoy

https://goo.gl/images/8khXfr

Brown didn't flinch at this kind of treatment
Media didn't have a meltdown
Celtic manager didn't go whinging and moaning to media
No sevco fans were stabbed as a result of Celtic losing
Village idiots kept their moronic counsel

trailer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47776888

layer behaviour in Sunday's Old Firm derby was "unacceptable", Scottish Police Federation vice-chairman David Hamilton says.

And Hamilton claims Scottish football is in a "crisis" that will turn people away from the game amid a rise in fan trouble this season.

Celtic's 2-1 home win over Rangers featured two red cards, several flashpoints and a post-match melee.

"That winds the crowd up," Hamilton told BBC Scotland's Sportsound.

Rangers pair Alfredo Morelos and Andy Halliday were shown red cards for clashes with Celtic captain Scott Brown, whose celebrations in front of the away fans at full-time led to the confrontation with Halliday and sparked a mass fracas.
Some Celtic fans spilled on to the pitch after their side's opener and flares were also thrown during the match.

"It's despairing the way some fans are behaving in Scottish football," Hamilton said. "We're seeing an escalation in violence both in terms of severity and frequency.

"At the weekend, some of the officers who were working at Celtic Park were saying it's the worst they've seen in 15-20 years of service. An officer had a flash-bang thrown at him that just missed his head."

Hamilton said picking out the culprits was made more difficult by fans taking measures to avoid being identified.

"People are hiding behind banners and flags, some of which are being stored in the stadium by the clubs," he said. "It's absolutely extraordinary.

"We're seeing a lack of stewarding, very few numbers dealing with some of the most difficult people. It's not a police issue to deal with us. We get nothing back from the clubs."

lynchbhoy

tonto1888

Quote from: trailer on April 02, 2019, 04:58:51 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47776888

layer behaviour in Sunday's Old Firm derby was "unacceptable", Scottish Police Federation vice-chairman David Hamilton says.

And Hamilton claims Scottish football is in a "crisis" that will turn people away from the game amid a rise in fan trouble this season.

Celtic's 2-1 home win over Rangers featured two red cards, several flashpoints and a post-match melee.

"That winds the crowd up," Hamilton told BBC Scotland's Sportsound.

Rangers pair Alfredo Morelos and Andy Halliday were shown red cards for clashes with Celtic captain Scott Brown, whose celebrations in front of the away fans at full-time led to the confrontation with Halliday and sparked a mass fracas.
Some Celtic fans spilled on to the pitch after their side's opener and flares were also thrown during the match.

"It's despairing the way some fans are behaving in Scottish football," Hamilton said. "We're seeing an escalation in violence both in terms of severity and frequency.

"At the weekend, some of the officers who were working at Celtic Park were saying it's the worst they've seen in 15-20 years of service. An officer had a flash-bang thrown at him that just missed his head."

Hamilton said picking out the culprits was made more difficult by fans taking measures to avoid being identified.

"People are hiding behind banners and flags, some of which are being stored in the stadium by the clubs," he said. "It's absolutely extraordinary.

"We're seeing a lack of stewarding, very few numbers dealing with some of the most difficult people. It's not a police issue to deal with us. We get nothing back from the clubs."

Brown was in that corner when the game ended. He was the same distance form our fans as theirs. The fact that there is more coverage of brown than anything else that happened speaks volumes. Ejits then fall for it and post articles about it