Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

screenexile

That was shithousery of Ramos/Pepe proportions yesterday from Brown!!

2 men sent off and there should have been a 3rd is a good days work.

NAG1

Quote from: screenexile on April 01, 2019, 02:44:11 PM

Did I miss one?

take_yer_points

Quote from: NAG1 on April 01, 2019, 02:58:22 PM

Did I miss one?

Halliday after the final whistle

trailer

The players really need to take responsibility for their actions in these games. A sectarian cesspit is being inflamed and made a hell of a lot worse by Celtic and Rangers. Time they coped on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-47770862

charlieTully

Quote from: trailer on April 01, 2019, 04:02:04 PM

The players really need to take responsibility for their actions in these games. A sectarian cesspit is being inflamed and made a hell of a lot worse by Celtic and Rangers. Time they coped on.

Away on and troll elsewhere you waste of space. Get  a fecking job ffs.

ned

Quote from: charlieTully on April 01, 2019, 04:35:28 PM

Away on and troll elsewhere you waste of space. Get  a fecking job ffs.

Exactly. Footballers step over a line sometimes but that does not give excuse or justify what went on after.

tonto1888

Finally we have discovered Adrian Durham's login on Gaaboard. p***k

trailer

Ok. Calling out the overt sectarianism around this fixture is now trolling. Ok. Got it.

6th sam

Quote from: trailer on April 01, 2019, 10:19:10 PM
Ok. Calling out the overt sectarianism around this fixture is now trolling. Ok. Got it.

I've been to Celtic park
Many times and feel a strong affinity to their Irish and charitable origins.
That said, there are elements of the old firm rivalry which are dangerous and unattractive.
Scott Brown's  interviews are often hilarious and he's proven himself to be a winner , but like all old firm
Players , he has a responsibility not to provoke . It appears There is a man fighting for his life and a family in distress because of injuries incurred related to the old firm yesterday. That's reality. Celtic have much better resources and a much better team and I was delighted with the win, but Scott Brown's behaviour yesterday left a lot to be desired .
I'm absolutely delighted for Neil Lennon particularly, but Brown should remember that Neil and others have suffered enormously as a result of sectarianism, and I hope all of us genuine Celtic fans are big enough to analyse Scott Brown's behaviour yestersday, and though it's hard not to have a laugh and enjoy his goading of our rivals, we must be big enough to admit that it's not what Celtic is.about , as an institution .

ned

Quote from: 6th sam on April 01, 2019, 11:20:38 PM

I've been to Celtic park
That said, there are elements of the old firm rivalry which are dangerous and unattractive.
Scott Brown's  interviews are often hilarious and he's proven himself to be a winner , but like all old firm
Players , he has a responsibility not to provoke . It appears There is a man fighting for his life and a family in distress because of injuries incurred related to the old firm yesterday. That's reality. Celtic have much better resources and a much better team and I was delighted with the win, but Scott Brown's behaviour yesterday left a lot to be desired .
I'm absolutely delighted for Neil Lennon particularly, but Brown should remember that Neil and others have suffered enormously as a result of sectarianism, and I hope all of us genuine Celtic fans are big enough to analyse Scott Brown's behaviour yestersday, and though it's hard not to have a laugh and enjoy his goading of our rivals, we must be big enough to admit that it's not what Celtic is.about , as an institution .

That's pathetic. Brown is in no way responsible for what went on in town yesterday.
If some maniac wants to knife someone it wasn't because of what Brown did.
Gerrard's comment after the game about Halliday wanting to "protect his own people " was more dangerous.

tonto1888

Quote from: 6th sam on April 01, 2019, 11:20:38 PM

I've been to Celtic park

Catch a grip of yourself. There is a man fighting for his life. It is nothing to Do with  scott Brown ffs. To even put the tow in the same paragraph is absolutely ridiculous

trailer

Everyone involved in this fixture has a responsibility to dial down the hate. Celtic, Rangers, the players, staff and most of all the supporters. But 100s of years of sectarianism is ingrained and as is evident on this board, a lot are blind to that which is sad.

ned

There is no doubt that people were stabbed because they were Celtic supporters. The attacks were carried out by seriously violent people. They did not do it because of what went on at a football match. They did it because they are hate filled individuals. Why do incidents like this happen in Scotland after a Glasgow Derby only? They don't is the true answer but that doesn't suit the narrative. If you believe otherwise then you are naive or working to an agenda.
More supporters are arrested percentage wise at Birmingham City matches than at any other UK ground. I suppose Jack Grealish shouldn't be so good! What happened to provoke the Roma fans to attack several Liverpool fans last year? That's just two examples, there's plenty more. Maybe we should just ban soccer matches?
What is happening in Scotland is nothing other than outright thuggery.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: charlieTully on March 30, 2019, 09:54:21 PM
Quote from: illdecide on March 30, 2019, 09:35:47 PM
Why are so many against N Lennon taking it on a permanent basis? If he wins the treble surely you can't pass him, he's tried and tested. He's a brainy lad who knows Celtic and knows the players, if he doesn't win the two remaining trophies then by all means look elsewhere but some of you are sounding like Sevco fans

You are biased on this one mate and rightly so but I agree. He deserves a 1 year contract at least imo. He stepped into the breach and he is delivering. I love the fact it means so much to him. He is genuine.
Hes quute good, but I am not sure if he is good enough.

I was unimpressed with the substitutions on Sunday.
I understand why he wanted to bring guys on to give them a run, but you need to leave sentiment out of the equation.
He should have left hayes on and the team going for the juggler for the first 20 mins of second half, then make changes as required as lads got tired.

As for morelos..he was niggling away at players and lashed out when brown niggled him.

It's all brown did.
I saw a photo of a group of sevco players wildly celebrating in Scott browns face during and after the huns 1-0 win in December... so karma... there was no furore about this behaviour from Celtic or the fans. It was only about the poor performance.

Also no surprise that reports that all the stabbed fans were Celtic fans. Theres only one side that gets homicidal after a defeat... and that's the sevco crew. Disgraceful.

This proves they are not two side of a shitty coin... the siht is only on the huns side

Over the Bar

A crowd of them came to Belfast for a Glentoran match a few years back and decided to walk across the City to attack a Celtic bar armed with Stanley knives.   One innocent punter had his throat slit, thankfully not deeply, and another glassed in the face with loads injured. 

What did the police do? Rounded them up and put neck on the ferry.   That's some deterrent!