Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

JimStynes

I would say there is as much chance as you getting the Celtic job than Jose.

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on May 08, 2019, 11:29:19 PM
I would say there is as much chance as you getting the Celtic job than Jose.

Probably right there big chief
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Timothy Weah says his loan deal at Celtic has been cut short after he was selected by the United States for the Under-20 World Cup.

The striker, who arrived on loan from Paris St-Germain in January, was named in the squad on Friday.

The USA's first game in Poland is on 24 May - the day before Celtic face Hearts in the Scottish Cup final.

"The gaffer told me it is in the best interest of the team that I collect my things and go home," Weah said.

Weah has scored four goals in 16 appearances for Celtic but has been used sparingly since Neil Lennon replaced Brendan Rodgers. He was preparing with the squad for Sunday's Old Firm meeting with Rangers, but says he has now been released two weeks before his deal was due to end.

"It was a true honour playing for this club and also having the opportunity to interact with legends who paved the way for us," he posted on Instagram. "I am especially thankful to the Celtic family for giving me the opportunity to show you all what I am capable of doing once given the chance.

"To you the fans, I will never forget you for all the love, support and kindness you have shown me. "I don't know as yet what the future holds but I wish to one day come back to this great club to be with you all. I will forever miss you chanting my name and hearing the beautiful song you have created for me."

Main Street

Ranieri, if he's not available right now, he should be available soon.
He's flexible, can can dress down for a gig with Fulham and the next day perk up with the Roma job.

Jose would be a bit too flash, akin to driving your kid to GAA juvenile practice in a Porche 911 on an october evening.
Hard to picture Jose at a wet and windy Cowdenbeath for a cup game in winter.

bennydorano

'Rangers have a huge disciplinary problem' NL

The perfect dig, as it will rile Rangers something shocking and become a self fulfilling prophecy, if they play disciplined it will take the edge of their game.

illdecide

Quote from: bennydorano on May 11, 2019, 08:57:22 AM

The perfect dig, as it will rile Rangers something shocking and become a self fulfilling prophecy, if they play disciplined it will take the edge of their game.

Yeah, NL kinda knew what he was doing there...lol. At Castle Grey Skull tomorrow they'll be looking to put down a marker and start off like a house on fire but will now have mixed messages about it. Actually the more you think about it...it also is putting doubt into the Ref's head too as he'll have read that too and any rash tackles could now play in our favour.

Over the Bar

Quote from: bennydorano on May 11, 2019, 08:57:22 AM

Some of the more bitter Rangers players may attempt to get Celtic players red-carded and miss the cup final in an attempt to derail the treble-treble. Expect fireworks.

illdecide

Fair play to NL, the Timmo Weah story is now in full and i kinda think NL was right...It's obvious some of the loan guys aren't putting their shoulder to the wheel the way the signed Celtic players are

TIMOTHY WEAH was asked to pack his bags and leave Celtic yesterday afternoon after he snubbed the opportunity to play in the Scottish Cup Final against Hearts at Hampden on May 25. The popular 19-year-old's loan from Paris Saint-Germain was cut short to join the USA Under-20 squad for the World Cup in Poland – despite Neil Lennon brockering a deal with his opposite number Tab Ramos which reached a compromise that suited both club and country.

Weah took to Instagram to thank the Celtic fans for their support since he arrived at Parkhead in January and he left the Hoops followers with the promise he would "wish to come back one day to this great club to be with you all". A day of drama unfolded at Lennoxtown when Weah, who started last weekend's title-clincher against Aberdeen at Pittodrie, was removed from the squad for tomorrow's game at Ibrox.

The USA had invited the talented attacker to their training camp after the match against Steven Gerrard's men to start preparations for the Polish tournament and Head Coach Tab Ramos was prepared to allow Weah to then return to Lennoxtown the week before the Cup Final. The understanding was that the player would then have ample time with the Hoops to prepare for the club's meeting with the Tynecastle side at the national stadium as they zero in on a historic treble treble.

The agreement between Celtic and the USA coaching staff was that Weah would miss their opening game against Ukraine, but would return to Poland immediately after the Hampden encounter with his country's next tie against Nigeria due on Monday May 27 and Qatar three days later. But Weah refused the offer and insisted he wanted stay with his national team – prompting Lennon to call time on the youngster's stay with the interim manager interpreting the decision as a lack of commitment and believed it was best for all parties that he left the squad.

The teenager admitted: "The gaffer told me it is in the best interest of the team that I collect my things and go home." He added: "I will be joining my national team to participate in the U20 World Cup in Poland. With this decision, the gaffer told me it is in the best interests of the team that I collect my things and go home rather than be a part of the game on Sunday so I'll be on my way."

He added: "I still have a lot of growing up to do in my game. I am especially thankful to the Celtic family for giving me the opportunity to show you all what I am capable of doing once given the chance. I want to thank my team-mates for supporting me every step of the way. Thanks so much to Celtic FC and to you the fans for accepting me. "It was a true honour playing for this club and also having the opportunity to interact with legends who paved the way for us. "I am especially thankful to the Celtic family for giving me the opportunity to show you all what I am capable of doing once given the chance. "To you the fans, I will never forget you for all the love, support and kindness you have shown me.

"I don't know as yet what the future holds but I wish to one day come back to this great club to be with you all. "I will forever miss you chanting my name and hearing the beautiful song you have created for me." Weah became an instant hit with the Celtic fans when he scored on his debut against St Mirren in the 4-0 Premiership romp and raced to celebrate with the home support. However, his stay at the champions came to an abrupt halt yesterday although Weah appears to have left the door open to a return.

marty34

Head of Recruitment Lee Con. going now to Leicester.

Main Street

U20's WC is a big deal,  Timothy's a good prospect, I hope he fares better than Roberts in the next few years even if it's not with PSG.

JimStynes

As bad as I've seen Celtic play. Massive kick up the hole needed.

marty34

Quote from: JimStynes on May 12, 2019, 12:31:38 PM
As bad as I've seen Celtic play. Massive kick up the hole needed.

If this contuines, more questions for Lennon. Not motivated at all - like last game at Ibrox.

Need a bit of fortune to get back into this game.

Walter Cronc

Targetman

Very poor performance, they need some bollocking at h-t!!

Milltown Row2

Great bet, Celtic nothing to play for
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea