TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Half way through the Gentlemen on Netflix and really enjoying it.

Quirky story lines with plenty of gore and action it doesn't take itself too seriously it's a bit of fun and a solid 8/10.

nrico2006

The Gentlemen has unexpectedly been very good.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JoG2

Quote from: screenexile on March 10, 2024, 12:53:16 PMHalf way through the Gentlemen on Netflix and really enjoying it.

Quirky story lines with plenty of gore and action it doesn't take itself too seriously it's a bit of fun and a solid 8/10.

A few in, very enjoyable, plenty of action and insane characters

lurganblue

Finished the Gentlemen last night. Good viewing.  Typical Guy Ritchie style.  There is no need to have seen the film to enjoy the series.

JoG2

Quote from: lurganblue on March 12, 2024, 11:07:28 AMFinished the Gentlemen last night. Good viewing.  Typical Guy Ritchie style.  There is no need to have seen the film to enjoy the series.

Very enjoyable, doesn't let up. Would agree with 'Screen, 8/10

screenexile

Full Swing 2 is infinitely better than the first one!

Solid 7/10 the LIV and Ryder Cup controversies helped!

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: lurganblue on March 07, 2024, 09:10:06 AM
Quote from: markl121 on March 06, 2024, 07:16:17 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 06, 2024, 07:11:21 PM
Quote from: markl121 on March 06, 2024, 06:17:21 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on March 06, 2024, 01:32:06 PM
Quote from: markl121 on February 21, 2024, 03:55:36 PMJust watched all of Yellowstone, 1883 and 1923 in a week. What a show. I just want to move to Montana now

they need to hurry up and finish off yellowstone
Aye think its November, then there's season two of 1924, 6666 and possibly a 2024?
Sci-fi?
to do with one of the ranches featured in the show I believe. the sixes ranch, based on a real life ranch

Had heard they were going to do a spin off for the 6666 ranch alright. that would be interesting.

I'm struggling for TV shows at the minute. Anyone watched Shogun?

Have watched the first four episodes of Shogun. It is excellent, a step up from the '80s Richard Chamberlain version.

Milltown Row2

Nearly finished the first season of Yellowjackets, Lord of the Flies type stuff
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Am enjoying Shōgun a lot.

Also watching The Regime which is... I'm not fully sure yet. It's absolutely batshit.

No1

Also enjoying Shógun but the guy playing Blackthorne is a terrible actor and I can barely make out a word he is saying (might be my hearing tho!).  He's like a third rate Tom Hardy.  Second season of Full Swing was decent I thought.

bennydorano

Quote from: No1 on March 15, 2024, 11:06:44 AMAlso enjoying Shógun but the guy playing Blackthorne is a terrible actor and I can barely make out a word he is saying (might be my hearing tho!).  He's like a third rate Tom Hardy.  Second season of Full Swing was decent I thought.
I thought he was making a hames of the accent myself,really overdoing it. Googled him and he's born in USA but lived all his days in England, fairly certain his Shogun accent wouldn't be his day to day one.

Enjoying it.

lurganblue

Ended up a I quite enjoyed Masters of the Air in the end. Not on BoB or Pacific levels but still worth a watch.

J70

Finished two series over the weekend.

Masters of the Air – thought it was very well done, especially the air mission stuff. Those guys were put through the ringer. Robert Rosenthal ended up doing 52 B-17 missions, shot down three times, survived, and was part of the Nuremburg prosecution team!

The Dynasty – the series about the NE Patriots, or more specifically, Belichick and Brady. Not quite as in depth as something like The Last Dance, but I'd definitely recommend it. Bellichick comes across as an iron-fisted, emotionless genius for much of it (e.g. the 2019 Superbowl where he completely shut down the Rams powerhouse offense), which makes the Eagles Superbowl loss even more strange when he cruelly benched Malcolm Butler for not apparent tactical reason. Brady is a bit more open in his revelations, and quite likeable. You watch it and wonder what would have happened to Aaron Hernandez if he'd been drafted by a west coast team or if, later on, Bellichick had allowed him to be traded out west when he told him he needed to get away from New England and his old associates.