The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

girt_giggler

Anyone for Leopardstown tomorrow?  Few of us heading down & staying overnight then onto Croke on sunday!

kinghen

ive decided to cut back on th betting for a while.
gonna limit myself to wee football accum at weekend (no more than 5teams from now on, bristol city drew last week to let me down, 7 teams won!!!)

plus maybe on my lunch break gonna limit myself to a 2/3pound bet, thinkin doin doubles, trebles etc just to keep me interested in work for the afternoon, checkin results and wat not,

so if any of you have any fancies today then let me know and i might stick it on my double/treble!!

boojangles

Try these 2 Kinghen-Olynard 3.20 Lingfield Diriculous 3.50 Lingfield

kinghen

cheers boojangles, i'll check them out!!

spiritof91and94

Haydock under threat tomorrow

Our Nail Loney

Thank f**k kilbeggan is off, easier night for me now

girt_giggler

If moved to sunday......decisions decisions for me!!! ???

kinghen

WAY I SEE IT, THERE'S ONL 1 SHF EACH YEAR, SHOULD BE A CRACKER TOO, THERE'LL BE OTHER DAYS AT THE RACE!!

PLUS IF WEATHER PERSISTS HORSES WONT RUN BUT THE MEN FROM KILKENNY AND WATERFORD WILL!

PS DIDNT MEAN TO SHOUT, NEED TO HAVE CAPS LOCK ON FOR WORK AND FORGOT TO TAKE THEM OFF

Muzz

3:20 - Lingfield 
Azwa 16/1
Olynard 4/6

girt_giggler

apparently on www.oddschecker.com they have betting on the chances of meetings being on/off tomorrow.

I can't access the site in work.  Can anyone check and see what prices they are giving for Leopardstown out of curiosity.

girt_giggler

OFFICIALS at Leopardstown will hold a 7am inspection to assess the prospects for their high-profile Saturday meeting.

The bumper eight-race card is due to feature two Group 1 contests in the Tattersalls Millions Champion Stakes and the Coolmore Fusaichi Pegasus Matron Stakes but is now in some doubt.

The track was hit by a deluge of rain Friday morning and although it stopped briefly during the afternoon, more is forecast and general manager Tom Burke is hoping for a largely dry night.

"We will have an inspection at 7am and we have had 45 millimetres of rain between 4am and 2pm," said Burke.

"There are bits of casual water on the track but that wouldn't be unusual when you get so much rainin a short period of time.
"We had a similar experience before our last meeting and we raced fine.

"It stopped raining at around 2pm but there is a risk of further showers tonight, although they tell me it should not be as bad as what we've had.

"Most of the track is surprisingly in good condition so we will have to see what the night brings."

Burke described the current going as soft and reassured racegoers that contingency plans are already in place for the card to be take place on Sunday should it fall foul to the elements.

full back

For girt

"The Irish Champion Stakes meeting was backed at 1/7 to get the all clear when the market opened, but following a morning deluge (of rain at the track, and money on Betfair) the meeting has been backed at a low of 11/10 to be abandoned.

The current betting is 1/2 for the meeting to go ahead, and 13/8 to be called off."

Our Nail Loney

Great feature on Paul Nicholls in te racing post today did any of you see it?

Says AOB has inspired him to try to bag both the irish and brit trainer c'ship! Says if AOB can do it why cant he!

Denman is 60kg overweight at this stage also!! But says he shud be ok for the hennessy, also lists some top class chasers who would run off bottom weight (10st) if te tank runs: joe lively, alberttas run, big bucks, knowhere, new alco, air force one, roll along, battlecry

would be great to see

Heres some special odds they had posted up

-train 123 in chelt gold cup (again) 10-1 (pp)
-champ trainer in ireland 6-1 (blue sq)
-champ trainer in ire and brit 3-1 (willhill) why take this when 6s is available for just ireland above?!??
-win champ hurdle 6-1 (pp, willhill) (has prospects such as pierrot lumaire, celestial halo, rippling ring)
-win champ hurdle, champ chase, gold cup 10-1 (blue sq)
-no winner at cheltenham festival 25-1 (pp)
-denman to win hennessy and gold cup 3-1 (coral)
-denman for hennessy 15-8 (willhill)
-denamn for hennessy, gold cup and national 33-1 (pp)
-repeat champ chase and gold cup double 5-4 (willhill)

Louth Exile

That would be bad news for Irish trainers, but good news for those of us who attend NH meetings in Ireland!!

I wouldn't chance the Champion Hurdle one myself, has he won this yet??

Testament to his dominance of top class chasers that only 5/4 that he will do Champion Chase / Gold Cup double again, I wouldn't be laying that myself!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Our Nail Loney

Na don't think he had won the champ hurdle

TRhat pierrot lumaire won well at aintrie though in the novice hurdle event this year but the champ hurdle is dadly to call at the min with wee katchit, sublimity to come back, sizing europe staying over hurdles, maybe harchibald again, brave inca is back in training! The novices from last year as well captain cee bee and binocular, as well as osana, that race is a mine field!

Ya would think the gold cup is in his hands with akuto and denman, even neptune was going good as well.Said in racing post today that master minded has got stronger which is frightening for 2milers after last years champ chase (lets forget aintree-cost me a few hundred!!)

I love nicholls, his column in te racing post was great every sat, no bullshit and he told the truth,  remember reading the week he said master minded had caught his eye in the gallops with kauto and voila it won with its dick out, fair play.