Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 22, 2021, 08:02:33 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2021, 12:00:37 AM
Quote from: Flanker on November 21, 2021, 11:40:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2021, 11:12:01 PM
How did Glenravel do at minor level with this squad?
Beat by StBridgids after ET I think.
Won u14 & u16 sw A with that age group
Had a few LG  & Glen's lads most have now dropped out to focus on small ball

So no mugs, they have developed well then, I haven't seen them in fairness, Cargin, st Brid's  were the stand out teams back then. Tir na Og were pretty decent this year also, but the Con's won well in that game.

Not sure how we'll fair. But bonus territory
Bonus territory! that's a good one. All we've been reading about in the media is this great St Galls U20 squad. 2-3 articles in the Saffron Gael as well as comments by St Galls senior manager. Fair play to the 2 teams getting to the final but the competition itself and the format have been a farce. Hopefully lessons learned for 2022.

When you have time, I'd like to hear your format, and timing of the competition in the calendar year, no good saying its a farce and lesson to be learned if you haven't something to follow it up, who knows who looks in here

BTW the best team I seen this year at that level was Tir na Og, they were dispatched by Glenravel, If I was a betting man Glenravel would be favs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2021, 08:42:28 PM
Covid, so no car sharing, personally I feel the umpires should get some expenses also

+1

But it'll never happen

EOC1923

Played in April - May directly after the intercounty U20 competition and long before senior club football gets serious. Two groups of 6 with top 2 in each going into semi finals. This years format of 1 going through created all the dead rubber games.
I don't just write on here btw I know this has been proposed to the relevant people, our club will also be proposing it at Antrim convention.
That ok for you?

Tyrdub

Quote from: antrimman667 on November 21, 2021, 10:58:41 PM
In terms of that Glenravel u20 outfit I believe they only have 1 from another club. They need to push on. In terms of refs absolutely. Correct. Stand out this year is ray matthews as I have seen him go all four codes this year. Great servant to the refereeing community in Antrim

Only 3 codes, not 4. Never done any camogie

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tyrdub on November 22, 2021, 09:06:35 AM
In terms of that Glenravel u20 outfit I believe they only have 1 from another club. They need to push on. In terms of refs absolutely. Correct. Stand out this year is ray matthews as I have seen him go all four codes this year. Great servant to the refereeing community in Antrim

Just take the compliment ffs!!

Did a lot of camogie last year, albeit at the Uni, but none so far this year, lots of ladies football at the Uni though, very difficult to change your style to ladies and men
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Have only seen the Galls under 20 side once this year, and the were particularly impressive in beating what was a good Cargin line up by ten points.
MR2 has been particularly evasive on their formation and as only 7 remained from a very good minor side which only last by a single score to Cargin  in the minor semi 2019.

Must be a tribute to the most excellent coaching staff and big numbers up at Milltown.
Speaks volumes on a return to the good days at senior level as imminent.

Lár na páirce 1

8 new players? Surely not 🤔

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 22, 2021, 10:32:09 AM
Have only seen the Galls under 20 side once this year, and the were particularly impressive in beating what was a good Cargin line up by ten points.
MR2 has been particularly evasive on their formation and as only 7 remained from a very good minor side which only last by a single score to Cargin  in the minor semi 2019.

Must be a tribute to the most excellent coaching staff and big numbers up at Milltown.

One team can't filter into being a great team, we were winning five in a row at minor and under 21, those days would need to come back before we'd be in contention to winning Ulsters and All Irelands again. Getting beat in minor finals or semi's won't cut it.

CB, he without sin cast the first stone, you'll hardly be throwing stones ;D

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2021, 10:38:22 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 22, 2021, 10:32:09 AM

One team can't filter into being a great team, we were winning five in a row at minor and under 21, those days would need to come back before we'd be in contention to winning Ulsters and All Irelands again. Getting beat in minor finals or semi's won't cut it.

CB, he without sin cast the first stone, you'll hardly be throwing stones ;D

Giving a compliment.....

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2021, 09:17:49 AM
Quote from: Tyrdub on November 22, 2021, 09:06:35 AM

Just take the compliment ffs!!

Did a lot of camogie last year, albeit at the Uni, but none so far this year, lots of ladies football at the Uni though, very difficult to change your style to ladies and men

Sorry boss, you're right, thank you

JimStynes

I still can't work out how the u20s is going ahead when loads of teams have pulled out and other clubs penalised because of that!

BigBallWeeBall

Any truth in Kevin Murray as new LD manager. Quality and experienced manager/coach. Has taken Queens & Aghagallon, maybe time for his own family club and won't break the bank either

bannside

Spoke to Gareth and Andy very recently and both are committed to our juvenile development team in the club, so I don't think there is any truth in that PJ and Referee. Good work they do too, taking teams there wasn't exactly a massive queue for. So fair play to them.

I had a feeling Kevin Murray would answer the call at LD. Good appointment up the Hill  He can leave St Mary's with a lot of goodwill....sometimes you can spoil a decent legacy by staying a year too many.

antrimman667

See in Armagh a motion has been put through to play on a Friday night or a Sunday  ;D We could maybe put through something similar

delgany

Quote from: antrimman667 on November 23, 2021, 04:21:14 PM
See in Armagh a motion has been put through to play on a Friday night or a Sunday  ;D We could maybe put through something similar

County convention proposals cut off date was 8th November.